Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 104>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mick McCarthy
    Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 1:07pm
Was watching the notts forest v Cardiff match there and Mick was commenting on it with some other lad. Chopra gets booked and the following conversation occurs:

commentator 1: 'micheal chopra and his strike partner have now received 12 bookings each'

Mick: 'really? So they have 27 bookings between them?'

commentator 1: 'no Mick, that would be 24 bookings'

what a fooking legend
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sponsored Links

The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 1:09pm
good man Mick
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 1:20pm
mick is a ledgend and a gent.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:00pm
D'oh!!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:17pm
I don't get it
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:58pm
Confused
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
nui0304 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nui0304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Was watching the notts forest v Cardiff match there and Mick was commenting on it with some other lad. Chopra gets booked and the following conversation occurs:

commentator 1: 'micheal chopra and his strike partner have now received 12 bookings each'

Mick: 'really? So they have 27 bookings between them?'

commentator 1: 'no Mick, that would be 24 bookings'

what a fooking legend

brilliant!Big%20smileLOL
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:59pm
LOLLOL
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I don't get it

ha you serious
mick has always been a numbers genius... no.1 gary breen no.2 gary breenWinkLOLLOL
Read it 3 times before posting
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 5:32pm
In fairness this was said after they were saying that Boothroyd (the other Cardiff forward) was on target for 15 bookings, so maybe Mick had this in his mind. He is a smart, decent and genuinely funny bloke - would defo beat McAteer on Mastermind
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 5:56pm
i dont know what tracker mortgage is
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 3:33am

Before the over brown-nosing towards Mick continues, this is the man who told Denis Irwin to "prove himself" prior to an international match, this one of the most decorated Irish players in history, with shedloads of caps and one of the finest fullbacks in the history of the Premier League.............like Mick alot, but this was insulting to Dinny at the time.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 3:44am
not to mention he didnt know spain had only 10 players on the park...
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 4:04am
Great manager - plays a lovely style of ball.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 6:09am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

not to mention he didnt know spain had only 10 players on the park...

Like all geniuses he has his flaws Rog
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 6:11am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Before the over brown-nosing towards Mick continues, this is the man who told Denis Irwin to "prove himself" prior to an international match, this one of the most decorated Irish players in history, with shedloads of caps and one of the finest fullbacks in the history of the Premier League.............like Mick alot, but this was insulting to Dinny at the time.

Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 6:42am
Did anyone else find it odd that a premier league manager was co-commentating on a Championship match?
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Did anyone else find it odd that a premier league manager was co-commentating on a Championship match?

No not reallyThumbs%20Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 104>
  Share Topic