You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 104>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 4:24pm

Our fans fearful of change? That's a big call, given the lynch mobs that hounded many of our managers in recent times - including the incumbent.
[/QUOTE]

That's a fair point Brick, in fact when is a manager not hounded out of a team.

Maybe I should have phrased it that there are fans that will look at the right now and fans that focus on the near future.

Example being a player like Whelan, right now he is the best option we have in midfield, but in the next 6 months that is unlikely to be the case for two reasons, 

1. Whelan's body is no longer capable in keeping up with younger players. We've seen this against Switzerland when he couldn't keep up with a player on the ball running past him. Age will get the better of us all. Wayne Rooney also an example. 

2. Younger players are getting better and better every game. Players like Molumby, Knight and Cullen are untested but are exceeding expectations from the start of the season.

So taking Into account the position we are in now with playoffs, the virus, the season effectively on pause. Do we look now to the future and put Kenny in place and pick players like molumby or do we continue to focus on now with all the uncertainty?
Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 5:40pm
Kenny and Mick co managers til the end of the Euro 20/21 campaign with Kenny taking over the full gig after 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Kenny and Mick co managers til the end of the Euro 20/21 campaign with Kenny taking over the full gig after 
Confused
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:04pm

Where does that leave TC?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Where does that leave TC?
In the rubbish bin, Brain.

Edited by pre Madonna - 23 Mar 2020 at 9:09pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:11pm
Mick in isolation after two of his neighbours tested positive.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Confused
This  has to be spoof
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Confused
This  has to be spoof
As if the players weren't confused enough under MON! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

All the best to Mick and his neighbors. Going through the wringer like all of us right now.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:59am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

All the best to Mick and his neighbors. Going through the wringer like all of us right now.

I wonder if he'd get the €305 a week as he is working in Ireland?

Only joking. 

I hope he doesn't have it and that his neighbours all recover okay. 
Let Christy Take It.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:18pm
Love him or hate him you have to consider Mick McCarthy as an ireland legend.

His first involvement with the ireland national team was with the u23s way back in 1979. He was last capped for the ireland senior team in 1992. Became ireland manager for the first time in 1996 and the end of his 2nd stint as manager in April 2020.

His involvement with ireland spans 41 years!!!! That ybig must cement him into legend status.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Love him or hate him you have to consider Mick McCarthy as an ireland legend.

His first involvement with the ireland national team was with the u23s way back in 1979. He was last capped for the ireland senior team in 1992. Became ireland manager for the first time in 1996 and the end of his 2nd stint as manager in April 2020.

His involvement with ireland spans 41 years!!!! That ybig must cement him into legend status.

Does anybody really hate him? 

He will always be an Irish legend. Played for and managed his country in a World Cup. 
I doubt we will see that again.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

He will always be an Irish legend. Played for and managed his country in a World Cup. 

He isn't universally popular in Cork for some reason, and a cohort of Man United fans also dislike him. For reasons completely unknown. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

He isn't universally popular in Cork for some reason, and a cohort of Man United fans also dislike him. For reasons completely unknown. 
LOL

ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:06am
Has Moleman commented on developments yet? Or has he gone to ground during COVID-19?
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:47pm

Has Moleman commented on developments yet? Or has he gone to ground during COVID-19?

LOL
Linzark
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:08am

I'm alive and well. Thanks for your concern. I hope all the ybiggers out there get through this unscathed and we can enjoy Ireland doing well sometime soon in the future.

#stayhome #staysafe #BeKind
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:30am
What to say about our Mick really? I suppose we should start with the positive part - thank absolute f*ck we are done with him. Finally. Gone. An abomination of a manager overseeing one of the most appalling campaigns any Irish fan could ever have witnessed. Dross is an understatement. Remember 18 months ago when numerous posters on this forum were arguing that this spoofer was going to have Ireland playing attractive football? Remember that - those were glory days alright. Heady heady times.

His backside in the bacon slicer schtick wore thin over a decade ago for anyone with an ounce of sense, and all you were left with was a bog standard over the hill manager, who was way out of his depth unless operating in the lower realms of any competitive league. League 1 is about his lot at best these days, but I don't expect to see him toiling there anytime soon with the pension pot he picked up from the FAI.

So that's 5 campaigns McCarthy has been part of. 1 qualification. The campaign gone will hopefully be remembered as his signature campaign though. Forgetting Gibraltar, we won 1 game out of 6 qualifiers. The plan to draw ourselves to qualification by praying a concoction of crazy results elsewhere would see us over the line, well that amazingly backfired. A campaign of total non football, completely outdoing any campaign before in that regard. 

Pound for pound, McCarthy TC and RK will go down as one of the most expensive mistakes in Irish football history. Does anyone have the breakdown of the pension pot received, will it total 3 million for McCarthy alone? Excluding possible add-ons if we qualify, you couldn't make it up. Add TC and RK in and are you looking at 4 million for the management team in this campaign LOL My f*cking God, you couldn't make it up. Works out at about 500k per match LOL

I suppose the main thing though is our Mick got his shot at it. A big chunk of the Irish football faithful were delighted to see him back, who would have possibly thought it could play out like this. As for the succession planning, tbf that has worked a treat. Even the Robbie Keane situation looks like it was brilliantly thought through LOL

Bye Mick (our Mick for your official title). Enjoy the millions added to the pension pot that the FAI will be paying off for years in future. You will not be missed one bit, and please don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. 

Good f*cking riddance.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 104>
  Share Topic