You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 104>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Mick being linked with the Stoke job.
A couple of bad results for us and he could be in there ok. 
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:42pm

He'd rather eat sh*te than take that job
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 6:07pm
I reckon he be more interested in the Millwall job, however he's going no where till we are eliminated from this euro2020 campaign. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I reckon he be more interested in the Millwall job, however he's going no where till we are eliminated from this euro2020 campaign. 

+1. Mick isn't going anywhere. If he doesn't qualify, he'll always get some championship job. If he qualifies for Euros his stock goes up and any moderate success at Euros may land him a bottom half premier league job.

He has nothing to lose by staying put til next Summer.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

Jesus...the clique police are out in force.
I prefere mine toasted Mr Vulva.

I think you mean the grammar police Wink
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 10:53pm
By the average length of tenure of a championship manager, both jobs will be available again in 18 months or less, as will plenty jobs more just like them. Though it would, in some ways, be a fitting legacy for Delaney's FAI if Mick decided to walk early. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

be brilliant if Mick took it but surely not.

As a Corkonian I suppose you were always bound to take Roy's part.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 05 Oct 2019 at 10:52am
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 11:12am
Anyone see this? The same guy's come out with similar crass, patronising garbage before in previous articles.

'Once again, his inherent conservatism was on display. Once again, McCarthy picked a 
squad as though he was selecting a crew of miners in Yorkshire, valuing experience, effort and loyalty.'
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

be brilliant if Mick took it but surely not.
Shocked
No mention of me or TJ!? Are you ill or have you matured?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Anyone see this? The same guy's come out with similar crass, patronising garbage before in previous articles.

'Once again, his inherent conservatism was on display. Once again, McCarthy picked a 
squad as though he was selecting a crew of miners in Yorkshire, valuing experience, effort and loyalty.'
you lost me at "punditarena.com"
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 1:55pm

Which bit of the article did you disagree with ? The quoted line above is probably unnecessarily dismissive of Mick as a manager, but other than that, I think the chap is more or less correct. 

That is a piss poor squad, Mick is a conservative manager, and he operates different rules for some squad members to others. (K.Long/Hogan not playing- in squad, S.Long/James McCarthy/Brady not playing- out of squad). I'm not sure which of those points can be argued with. 

He is ignoring our younger players, but that is where I'd differ from the article writer, I think in most cases, he is correct to do so, for all their talent, there aren't a lot quite ready for senior football yet.  He isn't correct to do so with Connolly though (posted after the Armenia U21 game that I thought he had best chance of the U21s of being in the senior squad before most of his sub appearances with Brighton or scoring today) and Mick was dismissive of him in those quotes. 

Mick also twisted the Connolly argument to suit his own view, very few are saying Connolly should be ahead of McGoldrick, McClean or Robinson, which is the way Mick framed the question/discussion,  but most at this stage would have him ahead of any or all of Hogan, Judge, Maguire or O'Dowda, all of whom are in the 24 named- none of those were mentioned by Mick as the argument would become a lot harder to justify. 

Maguire is at least playing and scoring an odd goal, O'Dowda has only started one or 2 of Bristol City's 10 games, Hogan can't get off the bench for the team at the bottom, Judge is playing in L1. 

daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Which bit of the article did you disagree with ? The quoted line above is probably unnecessarily dismissive of Mick as a manager, but other than that, I think the chap is more or less correct. 

That is a piss poor squad, Mick is a conservative manager, and he operates different rules for some squad members to others. (K.Long/Hogan not playing- in squad, S.Long/James McCarthy/Brady not playing- out of squad). I'm not sure which of those points can be argued with. 

He is ignoring our younger players, but that is where I'd differ from the article writer, I think in most cases, he is correct to do so, for all their talent, there aren't a lot quite ready for senior football yet.  He isn't correct to do so with Connolly though (posted after the Armenia U21 game that I thought he had best chance of the U21s of being in the senior squad before most of his sub appearances with Brighton or scoring today) and Mick was dismissive of him in those quotes. 

Mick also twisted the Connolly argument to suit his own view, very few are saying Connolly should be ahead of McGoldrick, McClean or Robinson, which is the way Mick framed the question/discussion,  but most at this stage would have him ahead of any or all of Hogan, Judge, Maguire or O'Dowda, all of whom are in the 24 named- none of those were mentioned by Mick as the argument would become a lot harder to justify. 

Maguire is at least playing and scoring an odd goal, O'Dowda has only started one or 2 of Bristol City's 10 games, Hogan can't get off the bench for the team at the bottom, Judge is playing in L1. 

Bang on I dont think he should be calling up anyone apart from Connolly from the u21s  - Hogans is form is poor - that bad he didnt make the bench for stoke midweek 

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

you lost me at "punditarena.com"

In one!
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

In one!

Which bit did you disagree with ? Or are ya headed for the ''I wouldn't read that because blah blah blah'' angle ? I only read it because Newt posted it, and unlike him, I disagree with very little of it. 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 2:29pm
Only read those comments from Mick regards Connolly now.  Shocking comments from Mick and he's been made to look bloody stupid now!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:26pm
Seems hes going to be in the showgrounds tonight to watch sligo rovers and shams according to sligo rovers twitter account.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:30pm
Hope he has his umbrella
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Hope he has his umbrella

Wont need it now. Lovely evening in the west finally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 104>
  Share Topic