You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 104>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by GINN2 GINN2 wrote:

The people looking to replace MMcC will be looking to replace his successor after four games as well.

When are we just going to accept that the players are useless?

the problem i have with mccarthy, and suspect others as well, is his perceived stubbornness and the fact he is "old school".

the fact he persists with mcclean no matter what, playing brady on the right continually, and his handling of young Doherty, all a throwback to the MON era
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by GINN2 GINN2 wrote:

The people looking to replace MMcC will be looking to replace his successor after four games as well.

When are we just going to accept that the players are useless?

I dont think anyone is looking to replace mick but the players are not useless. Its complete bollix to say we dont have the players. We just need to get them playing better somehow. Dropping people after poor performances would be a start.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:00am
FFS if Mick was a good manager he wouldn't have been unemployed and available to get the job or languishing in the lower regions of the championship for the last umpteen years. A young man eager to make his mark with fresh ideas and an understanding of modern football is required, but sadly they are few and far between so we get stuck with fellas looking to boost their pension pots.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He was certainly in a funny mood (not in a great way) last night.

The other one liner

Reporter: "Why didn't you use all 3 subs?"
Mick: "I didn't want to"

Such a sarcastic f**k LOL

Tony O'Donahue is a tit...it never takes long for any Ireland manager to learn how to respond to him with his sneaky 'ah sure come into the parlor for a little chat' demeanor ....can't stand the bloke, a creep
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:34am
You make it sound like ToD learned his interviewing technique in Templemore!LOL

Edited by The Tribesman - 12 Jun 2019 at 12:35am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:43am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

The other one liner

Tony O'Donahue is a tit...it never takes long for any Ireland manager to learn how to respond to him with his sneaky 'ah sure come into the parlor for a little chat' demeanor ....can't stand the bloke, a creep
Well, MON never did. He made a hash of it. I think TOD is great. He must be one of the few sports journalists on any television channel, in Britain or Ireland at least, that actually interviews a manager after a game. 
I watched the two games on RTÉ, for all the criticism the lads on their get, nobody at the station condescends or patronises to football fans the way they do elsewhere. No 'old pals' act or pointing out the flaming obvious. The comparison between the coverage and interviews on RTÉ and on Sky is night and day, even when they are wrong.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

The other one liner

Well, MON never did. He made a hash of it. I think TOD is great. He must be one of the few sports journalists on any television channel, in Britain or Ireland at least, that actually interviews a manager after a game. 
I watched the two games on RTÉ, for all the criticism the lads on their get, nobody at the station condescends or patronises to football fans the way they do elsewhere. No 'old pals' act or pointing out the flaming obvious. The comparison between the coverage and interviews on RTÉ and on Sky is night and day, even when they are wrong.

Yeah, in fairness to Tony, more often than not he asks the questions you as a fan want answered. 

It maybe awkward and cringey at times, but it's what we're thinking. 
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 12:19am
The latest thoughts of the gaffer as scouting report returns.

“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:26am
The scouting report is fine but do we know if the paperwork has gone through? Be great to see him in the squad for September 5th. Could be a great opportunity to spring him for 20 mins in a game we could do with winning.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:29am
Good interview with Mick in the Paddy Power EPL preview which can be obtained in their bookies.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:04pm
Ronan Curtis, Marcus Harness and Danny Crowley all start tonight in the League Cup 1st Round tie between Portsmouth and Birmingham City. Mick McCarthy is in attendance. Live on Sky Sports.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:40pm
https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/ireland-manager-in-attendance-as-mccarthy-plays-for-palace

Latest scouting report ahead of the squad announcement on Friday.
Paul Andrew White View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Andrew White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:17pm
James McCarthy is a must 
Paul Andrew White View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Andrew White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:14am
Whats the squad like tomorrow afternoon?? Any leaks?
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:59pm
So far so good. He's stopped the rot that was really beginning to set in by the end of the O'Neill era.

McCarthy's Record

.........P....W....D....L....F....A

O'Neill's last games as manager

.........P....W....D....L....F....A

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:48pm
We really did get 2 toxic managers in o'Neill and Trap.

I'm not suggesting the players would have been better quality than the ones under both these jokers but the players we had would have played better football.

I think mick proves that to be true 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I'm not suggesting the players would have been better quality than the ones under both these jokers but the players we had would have played better football.

You are calling Trapatoni a joker in comparison to Mick McCarthy LOL F*ckin hell. You win the internet
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

You are calling Trapatoni a joker in comparison to Mick McCarthy LOL F*ckin hell. You win the internet

Trappatoni was absolutely hopeless 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 104>
  Share Topic