You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 104>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:41pm
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 3:11pm
Mick will be on the Ray Darcy show on radio 1 now, picking the music of his life if anyone is interested.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Mick will be on the Ray Darcy show on radio 1 now, picking the music of his life if anyone is interested.
How do these ****s stay in the game so long in Ireland? D'Arcy's expiration date was around 2005! And what is the point of him interviewing McCarthy?
Irish radio is completely illogical.
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 4:07pm

Wish he had played matchstalk men ..

Edited by depechemode - 15 Mar 2019 at 4:07pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

How do these ****s stay in the game so long in Ireland? D'Arcy's expiration date was around 2005! And what is the point of him interviewing McCarthy?
Irish radio is completely illogical.

You are being generous when you say 2005! It baffles me as well. The sighs and self righteousness must be popular with a certain cohort. Feel sorry for Mick having to do that show. 
Tom Dunne would be a good fit for the job outlined above.  
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:25am
Sadly there will be plenty of free tickets about tonight a sign of the times.

Mick McCarthy donates tickets to father's hometown club | Irish ...
https://www.irishexaminer.com/.../mick-mccarthy-donates-tickets-to-fathers- hometown-club-913255.html
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:37pm
Well said Mick.

Having a go at Ipswich fans now they are in the third tier after they hounded him out of Ipswich.

Edited by Double Maxim - 24 Apr 2019 at 5:41pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Well said Mick.

McCarthy: No Sympathy With Fans Who Hounded Me Out ...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/34756/mccarthy-no...

Former boss Mick McCarthy says the section of the Town support who were hounded him out have “got what they deserved” and he has “no sympathy” with them following the Blues’ disastrous start to the season which has led to his successor Paul Hurst departing only …

Why post something from last October now? Just curious...
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Well said Mick.

McCarthy: No Sympathy With Fans Who Hounded Me Out ...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/34756/mccarthy-no...

Former boss Mick McCarthy says the section of the Town support who were hounded him out have “got what they deserved” and he has “no sympathy” with them following the Blues’ disastrous start to the season which has led to his successor Paul Hurst departing only …

Why post something from last October now? Just curious...

Sorry it should have  been an article from RTE today but the link wasn't working thought the one above was similar but not the case.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:45pm
That's the one!

Mick McCarthy said the Ipswich Town fans who slated him during his time at Portman Road can now "enjoy watching the sexy football" in England's third tier after the club's limp relegation from the Championship.

McCarthy left the Tractor Boys under a cloud almost exactly a year ago, quitting during a post-match interview in which he labelled the crowd's reaction to his substitution of Clare 19-year-old Barry Cotter as "pathetic".

He'd been due to leave them at the end of the season anyway but quit after Jonas Knudsen's 54th-minute goal gave Ipswich a 1-0 win that left the team 12th in the table and above rivals Norwich on goal difference.

Now, they're preparing for life in League one, Paul Lambert's men having their fate sealed with a 1-1 draw against Birmingham on Saturday.

"I was doing a good job there," said McCarthy, who had been increasingly criticised for the style of football he adopted with the side.

"My job is to win games and staying in that league was my remit.

"I'm sad that they've gone down. Some of the lads are taking huge cuts in wages who were with me and who were brilliant for me. The staff, I've no doubt people will be losing their jobs because of it so that's going to be sad. It's a great club and pretty much most of their fans were brilliant with me.

"The ones that hounded me out... I hope they enjoy watching the sexy football in [League One]."

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 8:49pm
hes right, good for him
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:42pm
https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1131235776350609412

Sly dig at Ipswich at today's presser. Savage as f**k LOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:54pm
LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:07pm
LOL
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:33am
Clap
Some people just deserve a slap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:34am
LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:47am
G'wan Mick! LOLClap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:38pm
You have to love Mick Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 104>
  Share Topic