You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wake up around 5 or 5.30 now most mornings with lower back pain, some mornings I can get back to sleep after a while and others I can't

Frustrating as fook
Get a foam roller and roll your glutes as well as the lower back area. Anything lower back stems from issues further down normally
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 12:14pm
Might be a slipped disc or summat.

I ended up in A & E last week with my back.  Could barely get out of bed and when I did I couldn't breath without it being very painful.  Tried to eat a bowl of cereal but was in serious pain and couldnt do it.

Luckily it was muscular but my whole back seized up.  Sitting up or lying down was extremely painful.  Mental how easily it can go.  I was just walking on my landing about to go down the stairs and just felt a very slight twinge in my back.  It got worse every day and then on the Sunday couldn't move.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 12:27pm
I'm 6'3 or 6'4 so back and neck do give me awful bather sometimes. My arse does be killing me after driving to Dublin as well. It's all bone down there. I'm like Hank Hill.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

I'm 6'3 or 6'4 so back and neck do give me awful bather sometimes. My arse does be killing me after driving to Dublin as well. It's all bone down there. I'm like Hank Hill.
Why, what do you be getting up to in Dublin? 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Why, what do you be getting up to in Dublin? 
Well played.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Wake up around 5 or 5.30 now most mornings with lower back pain, some mornings I can get back to sleep after a while and others I can't

Frustrating as fook
Get a foam roller and roll your glutes as well as the lower back area. Anything lower back stems from issues further down normally

Went through a foam rolling phase but they don’t really do anything.

If you’re on Instagram, follow some of the mobility pages like movement101 or the movement maestro and you’ll pick up a load of spinal movements that will help relieve pain and also make your joints healthier. Give them a go for a week or 2 and you’ll feel a massive difference.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 5:31pm
Went through everything with my GP a few years ago who referred me to the pain clinic, who then refereed me physio, who then referred me to an occupational therapist. Turns out all I needed was a proper mattress, a good office chair and an adjustable standing desk I could go between sitting / standing during the day.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:03pm
any joint paint use uddermint  - and i aint joking 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

This is the only non pharmaceutical cream I get any relief from Thumbs Up
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:25pm
Foam roll, use bands, stretch, dry needling in that order. Stretch every day. Do a good general stretch because you'd be surprised some muscles that can strain your back. 
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:33pm
had back and shoulder pain for months. Went to a physio but was no better so went to a lad in Culloville who is a physio/chiropractor and had me sorted in 10 minutes. Perfect since. Pelvis was out of line and he cracked a few different thingsLOL
Couldn’t believe the relief a day or 2 later. Don’t know what part of the country you are in but if you are anywhere near I’d recommend 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

This is the only non pharmaceutical cream I get any relief from Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up dont suffer it myself but i know ones that swear by it including my mother 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Frustrating as fook

If you’re on Instagram, follow some of the mobility pages like movement101 or the movement maestro and you’ll pick up a load of spinal movements that will help relieve pain and also make your joints healthier. Give them a go for a week or 2 and you’ll feel a massive difference.
If you get no relief from a foam roller or a back baller then I'm sorry you're not using them correctly. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 9:06pm

Frustrating as fook

If you get no relief from a foam roller or a back baller then I'm sorry you're not using them correctly. 

In fairness I don't know if there is any research proving that its beneficial or good for you.  Haven't looked into it myself but I read that somewhere a umber of years ago.   Think they said there's an element of placebo effect in users.

I have the backballer green thing so did it myself for a while.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Frustrating as fook

In fairness I don't know if there is any research proving that its beneficial or good for you.  Haven't looked into it myself but I read that somewhere a umber of years ago.   Think they said there's an element of placebo effect in users.

I have the backballer green thing so did it myself for a while.
Get a decent one with the hard grooves and you're basically massaging yourself so will loosen the muscles.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 1:47am

Frustrating as fook

I’ve used both. You get temporary relief in the same way you do from a massage but it won’t fix any issues you have.

They are marketed brilliantly but they don’t fix long term issues.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 1:56pm
Pretty sure its sciatica that I have

Lower back pain that goes down my leg and into my left foot

Have found a good few different stretches to do online, does it just go away itself eventually?

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 3:46pm
Sciatica sounds like a metalcore band.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic