You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gary Kelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 5:47am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

BOHEMIANS player Killian Brennan was one of those arrested with Gary Kelly following an incident at a house in Halpin’s Terrace recently, it has emerged.
The Drogheda-born footballer was arrested and interviewed by gardaí following the incident in which a house in the area was entered by a group of men and a laptop and flatscreen TV were damaged. Paint was also thrown on a wall inside the premises.
It is understood a number of people were arrested after a complaint was made.
A file has been sent to the DPP and gardaí are awaiting direction on the matter.
A tenant of the property was quoted last week as saying that it was all the result of a mistake and that they had sorted it out.
Efforts to contact the player in relation to the incident by the Drogheda Independent were unsuccessful.

Have on good source that it has been blown out of proportion to no ends and is nowhere near what has been suggested in papers etc!
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 5:05am
In thet absence of Prop -

FORMER Ireland international footballer Gary Kelly appeared in court yesterday charged with assaulting three men.

Bohemians footballer Killian Brennan and two other men also appeared in Drogheda District Court, to face charges related to an incident in the town earlier this year.

All four are charged with trespassing with intent to commit criminal damage. The offences are alleged to have taken place at Halpins Terrace, Drogheda, Co Louth, and all but one is said to have taken place on March 28.

Kelly (36) of Braughan, Baltray, Co Louth, is accused of assaulting three men. He is also alleged to have produced a wooden stick in the course of a dispute and to have entered a house as a trespasser with intent to commit criminal damage. The sixth charge accuses him of damaging a window on March 29.

Co-accused Brennan (26) with an address in Gleann Alainn, Tullyallen, Co Louth, is also accused of entering the house as a trespasser with intent to commit criminal damage and is alleged to have produced a wooden stick in the course of a dispute.

Damage

Also charged are Gary's brother Jim Kelly (52) of Marian Park, Drogheda, and John Connor (48) of Moneymore, Drogheda.

Both are alleged to have entered a house as a trespasser with intent to commit criminal damage and to have produced a wooden stick in the course of a dispute. Jim Kelly is also alleged to have assaulted a man.

Solicitor Paul Moore told Judge Flann Brennan that he was looking for the cases to be adjourned to next Tuesday, saying that some of the parties would be "away" and not available from Wednesday "for some time".

He also said the matter would not take much of the court's time next week.

All cases were adjourned to the next sitting of Drogheda District Court.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AKOT View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 5:27am

AND another former ireland international paul butler (played 2000)was arrested on suspicion of asssault in england last night

Edited by AKOT - 25 Sep 2010 at 5:28am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 6:39am
what the heck is going on here ??
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 3:16pm
Former Irish international soccer star Gary Kelly and three other men have had all charges against them dropped at Drogheda District Court.
The four were prosecuted arising out of an incident at an address at Halpin's Terrace in the town on March 28th last.
The ex Leeds United player had been charged with six alleged offences - including assaulting three men, criminal damage and trespass.
When the case was called the defence solicitor said he was happy to tell the court that there had been a resolution and the three complainants were essentially anxious that the matter not proceed.
Two of them - who were present in court, said they wished to withdraw their statements of complaint, and confirmed under oath that they were not doing so under duress.
Insp. Brendan Cadden initially asked that the case be put to second calling so he could seek the directions of the DPP although he acknowledged the case could not proceed without witnesses to give evidence.
Judge Patrick Clyne said that if peace had broken out it should be nurtured and before striking out the charges, he asked if they knew how much police time had been wasted over what he said was a scrap between six or seven adults who should've known better.
Judge Clyne added that they'd cost the State a fortune and he wanted them all to clearly understand that if they cry wolf again the guards won't be running to hold their hands. He also told both groups to leave the court separately.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 3:21pm
FFS.............
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 3:23pm

did he pay them off or something?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 5:14pm
Bizarre outcome. Either Kelly is inolved with some heavy duty people in that area and the lads have been scared into submission or money has changed hands. I think they should all be fined and made pay the costs of the police investigation and the court costs. ridiculous.
I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:47am
Wasting Garda and courts time, should have made them all pay costs. Met him a few times in Leeds, always had time for a chat and a photo.

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Wonder if he's still managing the Drogs under age side. Bro played them before and he pulled up in a big Range Rover and half the team jumped out. He can get very very animated on the side line apparently! Fair play to him for managing the a local schoolboy team. He's still a good lad in my book, a simple mistake to make!

He is playing for Drogheda Town HM
He scored against us last week
Playing in the middle of the park
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

Bizarre outcome. Either Kelly is inolved with some heavy duty people in that area and the lads have been scared into submission or money has changed hands. I think they should all be fined and made pay the costs of the police investigation and the court costs. ridiculous.

The Kelly's are heavy duty people in Drogheda AFAIK
Maybe Q man can confirm
Anyway, charges dropped, innocent

Edited by The GerK - 29 Sep 2010 at 7:28am
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:18am
Kelly has done a good bit of coaching with Drogheda United alright. Him and Darius Kiernans managed their milk cup side when I was up there.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 10:57am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Cookie Monster Cookie Monster wrote:

The Kelly's are heavy duty people in Drogheda AFAIK
Maybe Q man can confirm
Anyway, charges dropped, innocent

yeah big family and very well respected up there
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 10:28pm
Jaysus that really is a fooked up story.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 2:57am
bottom line is a few quid has changed hands, if the lads were scared they wouldnt have gone to the cops in the first place
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 3:31am
Fantastic full back Thumbs%20Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 7:16am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:00am
A friend of mine said that one of his mates had a baby and a friend of Gary's told him he was a Leeds fan , so Gary sends off to get a shirt from Leeds and sends it to yer man who he never met .
This happend last year . Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic