You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fooking car hire companies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fooking car hire companies
    Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:19pm

Got raped today by alamo car hire. Was in london for a couple of days. Rented out some vauxhall at gatwick. I think it may have been a meriva. Anyway gave it the once over to see if any dents in it that were unreported. There werent so i drove off.  Dropped it back earlier today in perfect nick. Handed the keys to the alamo girl that inspects for new damage.  She looks at it and says there was a black bit of plastic missing from the boot door. I didnt know what she was on about. She then compares it to the same model car with the strip. Only then do i realise that my car  hadnt got the strip when i picked it up. You wouldnt cop that it was supposed to have one.  She said since i hadnt reported it they would have to charge me. They have charged me 600 ponds sterling for this and have already charged it to my credit card.Angry I can appeal but i will be turned down.  I was fooking furious. Its all a scam.  The thieving fookers!!!!!!!Angry

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
peterIreland View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterIreland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:20pm
Surely to god they have to consult you before they take the amount from your card?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:35pm
they said ''im sorry there's nothing we can do'' and have charged me. Its a scam. They already had my card details you see.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:37pm
I'd contact the gardaí or even consult a solicitor on the matter,
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
peterIreland View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterIreland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:39pm
I would be appealing the sh*t out of that if I were you
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:40pm
im ringing up the bank tomorrow. And those coonts at alamo. Wonder if cancelling the credit card would work.

durka durka View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

im ringing up the bank tomorrow. And those coonts at alamo. Wonder if cancelling the credit card would work.

when you hire the car they block an amount on your credit card, this is the insurance excess (usually about €1200 depending on the type of cover you take) This basically gives them pre approval to take up the amount from your card when the vehicle is returned.

I'd be getting them to check it out, maybe the driver who had it before you was also charged for it.

when you contact alamo tell them you want to see the rental history of the vehicle and any damage reports associated with it
"Insert Funny Comment"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 4:15am
Originally posted by durka durka durka durka wrote:

when you hire the car they block an amount on your credit card, this is the insurance excess (usually about €1200 depending on the type of cover you take) This basically gives them pre approval to take up the amount from your card when the vehicle is returned.

I'd be getting them to check it out, maybe the driver who had it before you was also charged for it.

when you contact alamo tell them you want to see the rental history of the vehicle and any damage reports associated with it

Ok will do. I didnt take out the insurance to remove the excess. Have I no comeback?

durka durka View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 7:04am
same thing happened me in kuwait, Our company cars were with AVIS car hire, the first car they gave me the A/C unit blew up so i had to get a replacement. When i was dropping the replacement back they told me the spare wheel was missing. I had never used it and no one else had used the car only me, but because i didnt check i had to fork out for a new wheel.

If i were you i'd fight it tooth and nail, you never know you might get lucky
"Insert Funny Comment"
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 7:16am

Had a similar, if less expensive experience with a crowd called Targarent last year in Italy. We drove to the match in Bari and were due to leave the car in Naples airport a few days later. The time on the return was 11am. Our flight was at 12.15, so we got to the airport about 10.15. Into the car hire park anyway, not one of the offices were open (Hertz, Avis etc) but there was a courtesy bus there, and the driver told us to stick the keys in the box on the Targarent door. We did, all went well til we got home, I saw the credit card charged for an extra €95.

Rang them to see what the story was, I had been charged an extra days rental for not having the car back on time (WTF?) and €25 because it was not full of petrol. Deisedevil had filled it that morning approx 15km away from the airport, and there were no petrol stations at the airport, it could not have cost the f**kers more than €3 to fill it up.
I argued this with them for ages, had to send me Aer Lingus flight itineary to prove I was in the airport earlier, I asked them what time were they claiming I returned the car at (because I was thinking of sueing them for fraudWink), eventually they conceded they didn't 'find' the car until 11am the next morning. Explained the petrol station situation, but they were having none of that. After 2 months and over a dozen angry e-mails, I was refunded for the extra days charge, but not the petrol money.
Avoid a crowd called carhire 3000 and especially Targarent.
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 7:45am
I booked it through cahire3000.  These rental car companies are a disgrace. Was also told that if u have a puncture and replace the tyre but not the exact same model as was on it previously they also charge 600 quid even if its a top quality tyre you put on it.  I will be fighting this hard. I might wait til  i get my visa staement and then call the bank to say i did not sign for 600 they charged me and refuse to pay it.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 7:52am

Carhire 3000 againAngry. Reason we booked them was that they were cheaper than Hertz, Avis etc, but never again. Hired cars in USA off Avis, no problems, Hertz for the San Marino game a few years back, they even let us away with handing the van back with a quarter tank full because there was a petrol strike on, they would have been entitled to charge for it.

Cowboys of the highest order Trap, fight them all the way, but be prepared to have patience, they dont give in quickly in my experience.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 8:13am
Yep, had a bad experience with Carhire 3000 too. They charged me €100 for petrol (1.80 per litre!) saying I'd brought the car back empty, when I'd brought it back full.
Clearly it was an administrative error, but they couldn't fix it and I never got the money back. Thank DOYC that I never had any bangs whilst hiring from them.

I recall twice scraping cars with Hertz and owning up to it on return and each time being told not to worry as the damage was minimal. I was never charged retrospectively.
Back with Hertz or Europcar now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 5:31am
Just got a letter from Visa today saying since i signed a contract they cant dispute my case. This means i will have to fork out €635.  Fook sake. I never touched the car. Is there anything else i can do?

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 5:51am
Thats bollox man- rented a car in oz with one of me mates on his cc- the tyres were in bits when we dropped it back and fairly sure the gearbox was fooked aswel- the car hire company proceeded to take 3k out of me mates cc- me mate rang boi straight away going ballistic and after a few calls got his money back
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 5:57am
600notes seems fair Trap,cud be worse
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 5:59am
im not biting on that one

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 6:07am

im not biting on that one

LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic