Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 181>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Can someone post the Times article on the Cobh Limerick game please? 
Or sign up for €5 per month for everything. It’s actually very good value
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:31am
Completely battered in the first half last night, somehow turned it around second half - good win in the end.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:48am
Tight enough from 2nd to 6th now. 

Longford will be wondering how they didn't win that last night, never mind get a draw. We were dreadful for pretty much the entire match. 
kessler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:09pm
Massive win for Shels last night. First opportunity to open a gap up at the top and it was a hard fought but deserved win. Playing very well in recent weeks after a dodgy start and it's looking pretty good at the moment with other results going our way last night too. A couple of tough away games next so hopefully we can keep the momentum going. It's very tight behind us which will hopefully lead to a lot to continue taking points off each other. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 11:55am
Wouldn’t agree that we’re playing well at all but we’re getting the results which is always a good sign. I do worry our luck will run out eventually though. No other teams have really impressed me this season though which helps. Bray were woeful last week when we beat them out there and they were meant to be our biggest challengers at the start of the season. 

Won 8 out of last 9 I think, can’t argue with that
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 12:13pm
After our first few games I didn't have any doubt we'd be pushing for top, second at worst and that we'd have a great chance of winning the play-offs.

Now, I'd probably take 4th and wouldn't expect to beat 3rd at all, not sure what's gone on. McGlade having a dreadful run, Keegan isn't the answer and not sure how Sava is still starting keeper.

Rumours Darragh Noone is on his way back to us, how true that is I don't know but I'd definitely take him.
kessler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 1:22am
Ah I think Shels have played well in general of late. Controlled the Drogheda game until the equaliser and were worth the win after that too. I thought that was a game we might have dropped points in as they're always tight fixtures, same with Bray so they were big wins. Probably a bit lucky against Athlone oddly and the one defeat in the recent run against Cabinteely was actually one of the better performances. Hopefully the luck doesn't run out anyway, I'd be similarly hopeful that there doesn't appear to be one side behind that will win 5-6 in a row at the moment although that could change. 
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by kessler kessler wrote:

Ah I think Shels have played well in general of late. Controlled the Drogheda game until the equaliser and were worth the win after that too. I thought that was a game we might have dropped points in as they're always tight fixtures, same with Bray so they were big wins. Probably a bit lucky against Athlone oddly and the one defeat in the recent run against Cabinteely was actually one of the better performances. Hopefully the luck doesn't run out anyway, I'd be similarly hopeful that there doesn't appear to be one side behind that will win 5-6 in a row at the moment although that could change. 

Ah I think Shels have played well in general of late. Controlled the Drogheda game until the equaliser and were worth the win after that too.

i dont think so.. we played the better football...yis were lucky
Come on Irelind
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 11:07am
I wasn't able to make the Drogheda game so can't comment, but think we have been poor enough more or less all season. Agree re Cabo away, we played well first half and certainly didn't deserve to lose that game. 

We just don't pass the ball well. We lump it up to a lone striker most of the time who is isolated and can't hold it up. Which is criminal given the players at our disposal

As I said, we're lucky no other team seems to be good enough to take advantage of this
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 11:02pm
Luke McNally is a fine player, as good as I've seen this season, should be at a higher level.

Another season in the first division for us, deservedly. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 11:06pm
sickened when I saw the late Drogs goal, would have been the perfect night for us
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 10:25pm
Big night for Shels - 3-0 win and Longford losing. 

8 games to go...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Big night for Shels - 3-0 win and Longford losing. 

8 games to go...
Goodness United we so bad tonight we gave you the game .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 8:30am
All gone wrong at Bray, another season down below for us. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:27am
That's the top four more or less confirmed now, play offs be interesting, I'd fancy Drogs out of what I've seen of the three of them but any of them could take the slot to play Harps 
kessler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 5:14pm
Yeah I'd agree that Drogs look the most likely to get through the playoffs, providing Shels get through the last three games, as they've been pretty consistent in the mix this season and last. Big win for Shels last night but still a little nervous with having Drogheda away after Bray,  although really should be okay at this stage. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:33pm
By no means over yet given we have Bray next and then Drogs away. Really tough run in for us with Limerick then in the last game too.

The Bray game is huge now as it could set us up needing just a point in Drogheda to clinch it
kessler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:04pm
I was terrified when the fixture list came out and saw Limerick at home on the last day, still a bit scarred from the final day draw costing promotion ten years ago. Really hope we don't end up needing a win that night. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 181>
  Share Topic