FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 181>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 5:21pm
Cork must be hot favourite after the cup match...looking forward to it. Hope there's a decent crowd.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

Should be a toss of a coin to decide where the match is played,either Turner's Cross or the RSC Waterford.No point in making fans go to  Dublin. 
Should be in Limerick..

Limerick's pitch is closed. There's an issue with the pitch so it's been dug up.

The clubs would have had a say on where the game is played, if it's in Tallaght then it's because both clubs agreed to it. It's not a case of them being forced to play there.

Which is a travesty as it was one of the best pitches around but the crowd JP gave control of the stadium to wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the face.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:03am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by OliverHorganFan OliverHorganFan wrote:

I wouldn't be a giant Keegan fan but Ramblers had a fantastic season. Hard to see them competing with teams getting big money owners in now like Treaty and either Cork City/Waterford again. 

Unlucky tonight but they died with their boots on. 

Yeah I can't see Tricor putting in much of their own money. They are only co-owners so interesting to see what roles they'll play.

New CEO Ciara McCormack was talking about how she wanted to start a women's team in Cork but the FAI said no and encouraged her to get involved with an existing club.

Said a friend's father I think was a part of the Tricor investment firm and she got onto them to get involved with the project.

Honestly can't see why any investment firm would wanna get involved with a LOI club, especially an amateur club because there's f**k all investment to make. Be better off going to Vegas and putting all your money on black. You might actually make money.

League of Ireland is one of the easiest routes to Europe. Thats why people invest. They're after the big bobs from UEFA.

There's much (x1000) easier ways to make money than getting involved with a LOI club.

LOI Central's podcast with the Trivela reps who are taking over Drogheda is worth a listen. I'm surprised there wasn't more of a push back from Dan and JW because I found a lot of what one of the fellas was saying to be very weak (town has great history, has a stadium, etc) and didn't deal with the reality of how much it will cost to maintain and then develop the club into one that can challenge for a league and European spots.

While the league is in dire need of investment, I don't see the upside for investment companies taking over a club. At the moment, the only way to potentially make money is to qualify for Europe. Pinning your hopes on that alone is very risky when you consider the amount of teams attempting to secure one of the spots and that even 4th doesn't guarantee it because the cup winners get the spot.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 1:15pm

Should be a toss of a coin to decide where the match is played,either Turner's Cross or the RSC Waterford.No point in making fans go to  Dublin. 
Should be in Limerick..
TBH, Tallaght's not the worst - 2:30 from Cork, bout an hour more than Limerick but a better road, once you're on a coach it's grand. Stop off in Durrow on the way home for a few pints. Waterford will be in Tallaght faster than Limerick.

Much better stadium, and both teams would have some exiles in Dublin to boost the attendance too.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 12:43pm

Should be in Limerick..
Limerick's pitch is closed. There's an issue with the pitch so it's been dug up.

The clubs would have had a say on where the game is played, if it's in Tallaght then it's because both clubs agreed to it. It's not a case of them being forced to play there.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 12:07pm

Should be in Limerick..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 11:49am

I wouldn't be a giant Keegan fan but Ramblers had a fantastic season. Hard to see them competing with teams getting big money owners in now like Treaty and either Cork City/Waterford again. 

Yeah I can't see Tricor putting in much of their own money. They are only co-owners so interesting to see what roles they'll play.

New CEO Ciara McCormack was talking about how she wanted to start a women's team in Cork but the FAI said no and encouraged her to get involved with an existing club.

Said a friend's father I think was a part of the Tricor investment firm and she got onto them to get involved with the project.

Honestly can't see why any investment firm would wanna get involved with a LOI club, especially an amateur club because there's f**k all investment to make. Be better off going to Vegas and putting all your money on black. You might actually make money.

League of Ireland is one of the easiest routes to Europe. Thats why people invest. They're after the big bobs from UEFA.

There's much (x1000) easier ways to make money than getting involved with a LOI club.
Absolutely there is. But in terms of an enjoyment factor a LOI club getting into Europe is a huge chestnut for these lads. If someone wants to invest in a football club, a LOI club is a no brainer in comparison with a League Two or League One club.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 11:25am

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 10:12am
Would’ve loved to see Cobh Cork in the final & Cobh to win LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 10:09am

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 9:48am

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 6:06am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Keegan has plenty of doubters but he's done a great job. Most likely route for promotion next season will be the play-offs again, which is a tough slog in itself. 

It's surely now or never for Waterford. Can't see how they can continue as they are for another season in the First Division.
For my money, he's one of the most impressive Ramblers managers that I can recall. Conducts himself very well. Puts thought into his signings and has then obviously backed it up on the pitch.
People judge him on his time with Dundalk but as he has said himself, there's no manager who could have coped with the crap he had to put up with there.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 4:07am
Keegan has plenty of doubters but he's done a great job. Most likely route for promotion next season will be the play-offs again, which is a tough slog in itself. 

It's surely now or never for Waterford. Can't see how they can continue as they are for another season in the First Division.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 10:16am
GuttedCry

A fantastic effort all season. Punching above our weight to the bitter end. 
No denying Waterford were the better team last night. Giles Phillips was incredible. Didn't lose a header last night and nailed the one for the winner unfortunately.

Not sure how next week will go. I can't see City being able to cope with Coughlan. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

No we absolutely don't want to see Cobh promoted. Maybe people from Cobh but that's it. The last thing we need is another sh*tty club in the Premier division. As bad as Cork are they have a good fanbase that are good for the league, away support, good ground etc etc.
They could come up and ground share with Sligo sure.

LOLLOL
AKA pedantic kunt
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 7:35am
It should go back to a 2 leg home and away final but it's not going to change now so it's off to Tallaght next Friday night. Can Waterford finally win a play-off final? Looking forward to it.
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 1:59am
OliverHorganFan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverHorganFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2023 at 11:38pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 181>
  Share Topic