You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The YBIG Hat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 113>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 1:50pm
I'll wear it to Rovers first game in the new Stadium in Tallaght.....if one of you muppets hasn't lost it or drowned it in beer by thenSmile

Great idea DC.... would make a smashin documentary so everyone involved should keep a video diary

Edited by Percy - 05 Feb 2008 at 1:51pm
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
Sponsored Links

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 2:55pm
ClapGreat idea.

A soccer badge from every home team must be pinned to the hat????

I'll wear it to bed with the missus and can do a video instead of a picLOLLOLLOL
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 5:41pm
theres gonna be some bang off that hat this time next year!Big%20smile
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 5:47pm
Im going to spurs v west ham on march 8th, i d wear it for a laugh and take a picture
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 2:23am
you can send it to me lads and i will wear it to an eintracht frankfurt and offenbach kickers game and get one of the lads to wear it to kaiserslautern. we can put a badge on if necessary , you'll need to send it to me before the end of this season though.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 11:48am
Went to the post office...sorry, mail ofiice.....and posted the hat off to Ireland. The girl behind the counter asked me what was in the box for customs and what was its value. I said "A ha". "What?". "A ha". She didn't seem to understand what a ha was so I put on my best Canadian accent and said "A hat, eh!" She put some postage on the box, told me to FO and there I left it. It should be in Ireland in a week.Wink
There are friendlier places to drink.
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tirchonaill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 12:28pm
Going to the nou camp on 23 feb for barca v levante, would take it if available..
stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiofain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 12:36pm
I think this might just be the best idea i've ever heard! Thumbs%20Up

I can take it to the Carling Cup final if i get a ticket... 

Edited by stiofain - 07 Feb 2008 at 12:42pm
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 4:21pm
this will have to become a sticky so we can keep track of where its going lads.  Heres Donals start of the story....Page one

THE STORY OF THE HAT

The Joelson family Christmas is always a highlight for the family but because of work commitments and the distances involved it is not held on Christmas Day but rather in the middle of January.
    Every year, everyone draws a name and whichever name you pick you have to buy them a $40 gift and make them something. In 2007, Tracy Souch drew her brother-in-law, Donal Cullen and the home-made "something" was to be a hat.
    So, you begin your search and this led Tracy to some thrift stores where this hat shone like a beacon to her beadie little eyes with the logic Donal Likes soccer. It is a soccer hat. Donal will like that. She also picked up a soccer ceiling fan and a soccer game all for the princely sum of $40.
    Come January, and amid a flurry of flying Christmas paper, Donal was greeted with the sight of this hat which immediately caused amusement among the 20+ people present. Photos were taken and promises made that it would be worn at soccer games in the future.
    Now, Mr. Cullen was careful not to point out by whom said hat would be worn at soccer games and when he chanced upon the Youboysingreen forum it was like a beacon on light for him.
    Unfortunately, the day he was to send this off to Ireland an ice storm fell on Brantford so his proposed move to have it photographed at a soccer ground, a snow covered soccer ground at that, went to nought but in the spirit of the hat he decided to pass it on.
    There were two volunteers for the hats debut, Eric Collins and Gary Malone, and it was to Gary Malone that it was sent as he would be the first to wear it at a soccer/football ground.
    So it is to Gary that the hat passes.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Take the hat to a stadium.
    2. Put it on your head.
    3. Get someone to take a photo (or even a video0 of hat wearer (with hat on!)
    4. Pass it on.
    5. That's it.

THE JOURNEY.
    17 January 2008
    Hat makes its debut at Joelson family Christmas
    6 February 2008
    Hat departs from Brantford, Ontario, Canada on its way to Gary Malone

THE STORY CONTINUES......

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 4:22pm
think Donal's sending it 2 me lads so if someone wants it before 23 March (Man U -v- pool) give me a shout and ill send it on..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 4:27pm
yeah great shout count..make it a sticky and we can all track the hats worldwide trip..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 5:06pm
I'm liking this
I'll get on to a couple of people so it will make the papers at Ireland games
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 5:43pm
I'm probably heading to the Liverpool and Reading game the week prior to that pool vs man u game, i could bring it with me to that....
I'd completely understand if there was an objection to bringing the hat to watch Liverpool, the hat mightnt be impressed....i'm a Liverpool fan and i'm generally not impressed with them at the moment either
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 5:51pm
rule 1 of the hat:
no trips to anfieldAngry
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 6:21pm
muppet
ryaner13 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryaner13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 8:12pm
Rule no.2 --The hat does not enter into Goodison or touch any god-forsaken blue nose pr'ck!!
Liverpool F.C go deo..
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2008 at 11:08pm
If I can find a game here in Chicago with no MLS teams or team USA playing I will wear it to a match
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 1:59am
I'm disliking the amount of ENGLISH club games its going to visit. No EL matches anybody?? And we wonder why the likes of Anderson & Lucas get such waem welcomes at our home games!! grrrrrrrrAngryAngry 
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 113>
  Share Topic