You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The YBIG Hat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 113>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The YBIG Hat
    Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:20am
My sister-in-Law drew my name in the Christmas draw last year and as we are just over our X-Mas party I managed to survey just what the heck she got me. Well, its turns out its a God-awful hat, a soccer hat at that! It is white and in the shape of a soccer ball with nets on three sides and the word GOAL written across the front. She expects me to wear this when I got to soccer games here but she is in for a shock as I am issuing a challenge to YBIG members. I want this hat to see the world and so I will post it, free of charge, to anyone who will have the balls to wear it during a match, any match. The only condition is that you must be photographed at the stadium wearing the hat and it be posted on the YBIG site then pass it on to someone else. You can even decorate it with something from the game if you like. So are there any takers? I plan to print out any photos for next year and present then to my sister-in-law next Christmas.
BE WARNED. IT IS A GOD-AWFUL HAT!!!Big%20smile

Edited by The Count - 07 Feb 2008 at 4:45pm
There are friendlier places to drink.
Sponsored Links

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:24am
il stick it on in montenegro for a larf
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:31am
thats a great call Donal! The hat will go everywhere in the world now. Might bring it on my honeymoon!LOL

To get the ball rolling how about you take a photo of yourself at a game and then post it up here and next person will take on the mission? Could dedicate a slot to it each issue to see where its been. Quality stuff Donal Clap
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:31am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

il stick it on in montenegro for a larf

Send us your address by private mail and it's yours, erimus!!
Jaysus, I'm rid of it already!!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:33am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

thats a great call Donal! The hat will go everywhere in the world now. Might bring it on my honeymoon!LOL

To get the ball rolling how about you take a photo of yourself at a game and then post it up here and next person will take on the mission? Could dedicate a slot to it each issue to see where its been. Quality stuff Donal Clap

YOUR HONEYMOON, COUNT???? Jesus, do we want photos of that appearing on the site. You'll get us all bannedLOL
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:39am
done

ROLL ON 2016
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:41am
Smashing idea! This hat will be famous
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:46am
Erimus, you wioll have to wear it to Serbia match (and other places in between if you want) so we can have a photo for Serbia match!

Donal, get a snap of yourself first as so we can tick Canada off the list of places where the hat has been?
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 10:48am
ah yeah i forgot about that game.
will do.it may get a trip to a few other grounds before then.

whos up next

ROLL ON 2016
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 11:01am

The best I can do is get a photo of the local snow covered pitch and then send it off. I won't put anything on the hat but it can be decorated.

HAT

Point of origin - Brantford, Ontario, Canada.

Point of destination - Ireland (Erimus)

THE JOURNEY BEGINSClap

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 11:06am
ClapClapClapClapClap
great stuff Donal. Maybe standing beside a grizzley and your town signpost so we can get the name in would be a great effect?

....and so it begins
drogs_rule View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drogs_rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 11:07am
I'll donate 100 Euro to Davey Langans account if I see a pic of Hunty wearing the cap.
If moaning were an Olympic sport, this place would be weighed down with medals
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 11:39am

Im going to see Man Utd -v- Liverpool in Old Trafford in March..ill wear the hat!

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 11:43am
ps me and HM are going to Montenegro via Barcelona in September and will be doing a tour of the Nou Camp on the day..technically it wont be a match but i could get a pic of it on my head inside the stadium on the tour..

ill let u decide..but the united game is a definite! its on 23 March so ill need it posted out by then!
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 11:52am
Yeah we'll get a pic of Ronaldinho and the rest of the Barca boys wearing it Big%20smile.
We'll bring it to the Nou Camp and someone can take it off us in Monty for that match if they like??
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 12:01pm
I'll wear it no bothers for the Georgia game and pass it to Erimus..see id we can get the Mayor of Montengro to attend the passing of the hat ceremony...had to tell Bertie Aherne to piss of just there and get his own hat
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 12:55pm
Okay, boys, its in the post tommorrow. My wife is working today but I told her what I wanted and she is taking a photo of me in the local soccer park wearing the hat and then it is on its way. I might even get a few photos of my sister-in-law with the offending thing at Christmas and one or two others. The thought of this hat adorning the head of Hunty, Ronaldinho and the rest is just brilliant.LOL
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 1:21pm
rite lads i was talkin to Donal..Man U v liverpool is in March so he's gonna post it 2 me first..ill wear it 2 the match and then ill give it to erimus before the serbia match.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 113>
  Share Topic