You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 7:11pm
waterford-united-set-saved-international-takeover-consortium

Roddy up to his old tricks again    
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 10:28am
An international consortium want to come in and pump money into Waterford United? Hahahaha, I cannot wait to see how this turns out, as a Cork City fan it'll be nice not to be at the receiving end. 

Edited by RKBarmyArmy - 23 Sep 2016 at 10:29am
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 9:48pm
Only 8-1 down to UCD tonight, with a few minutes to go.
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:24pm
Roddy Collins sacked

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:44pm
So the investors didn't pan out. Shocked and stunned. Well done Waterford, onwards and upwards
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:01pm
Yeah, Waterford United and Rod have parted company but did any of us ever think when he was appointed that it was going to be a success!!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

So the investors didn't pan out. Shocked and stunned. Well done Waterford, onwards and upwards

Seemingly Roderick was an obstacle to said investors rather than a help, which is one of the reasons he has been removed.  At least that's what some of us are hearing, mind you, I have pretty much zero belief in these rumours anyway, think a lot of them fall into the 'too good to be true/daydreaming' type ones. 

From where we are now, merely being around next season would be some kind of achievement. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Seemingly Roderick was an obstacle to said investors rather than a help, which is one of the reasons he has been removed.  At least that's what some of us are hearing, mind you, I have pretty much zero belief in these rumours anyway, think a lot of them fall into the 'too good to be true/daydreaming' type ones. 

From where we are now, merely being around next season would be some kind of achievement. 

Would they not have to fold the club before any investors could take over?

Edited by deebee - 04 Oct 2016 at 11:34pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:50pm
No idea to be honest. If the investors accountants decided this would be the best thing to do, I imagine they would do exactly that. All this presumes these potential investors actually exist in the first place, that's the bit I'm having difficulty believing in. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:00am
I don't believe it myself but i remember an issue after Jimmy McGeough was sacked regarding shareholders in the club.I think supporters got a good % of them but any shareholder could come out of the woodwork after money is put in.

Edited by deebee - 05 Oct 2016 at 12:06am
de scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote de scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 2:49am
shareholder thing is well dead. long gone!

Roddy was talking through his hole when it came to the foreign investors. it was simply an email that didn't reach his spam/junk folders and Roderick befriended a Nigerian Prince.

the club should have folded during the Henderson saga but a few ill-informed supporters stumped their own money up to save a dying club that should have taken a leaf out of the book of GUFC. even Queenstown are in a better place than us now...... 

Edited by de scientist - 05 Oct 2016 at 4:00am
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:18am
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Yeah, Waterford United and Rod have parted company but did any of us ever think when he was appointed that it was going to be a success!!
I certainly didn't but that wasn't solely down to Roddy Collins. Waterford are in an awful place and apart from fairy dust and magic I've no idea how they are managing to stay afloat.
I can`t see the next manager fairing any better than Collins. But best of luck to them.

Edited by Bitored - 05 Oct 2016 at 3:18am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I certainly didn't but that wasn't solely down to Roddy Collins. Waterford are in an awful place and apart from fairy dust and magic I've no idea how they are managing to stay afloat.
I can`t see the next manager fairing any better than Collins. But best of luck to them.

Agree completely,  Waterford were in a mess before Roddy came but the point I'm making is Rod was never going to sort it in my opinion.  A confident power talking manager like Roddy needs plenty of funds to succeed.  Roddy might have the traits of the former but didn't have the latter.

ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 9:20am
Just in relation to investors and ownership and shareholding.  The main shareholder of the Company Waterford United is an individual who owns 82% of the club.  This man has pumped in millions over the years to keep it going so any takeover or decisions will be at his call.
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 10:05am

Just in relation to investors and ownership and shareholding.  The main shareholder of the Company Waterford United is an individual who owns 82% of the club.  This man has pumped in millions over the years to keep it going so any takeover or decisions will be at his call.
What happened to the shares the supporters obtained to get someone on the board of directors?
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 11:44am
Originally posted by deebee deebee wrote:

What happened to the shares the supporters obtained to get someone on the board of directors?

I honestly don't know how the remaining 18% is made up, maybe the supporters shares that you mention are included in the 18%.
de scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote de scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:17pm

sully owns nothing of WUFC anymore and who told you in the first place he owned 82% previously?

were you under the influence of 3 pints for a tenner in norris's?
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by de scientist de scientist wrote:

sully owns nothing of WUFC anymore and who told you in the first place he owned 82% previously?

were you under the influence of 3 pints for a tenner in norris's?

I honestly am not in the full know on it but I was at an open forum last night in the WIT Arena at Carriganore and the someone asked about the ownership and 82% of the company is owned by Sully is what I took from the answer, I may have taken it up wrong.  Maybe I would have been better off under the influence of 6 pints for twenty euro in Norris's.!!

What Waterford United need to do is put it out in the media of exactly how the club is owned, who owns what and who is owed what.  Then proceed to disband it and reform as a new club, maybe Waterford F.C.
At this stage in my opinion, Waterford United is seen as a tainted brand.  Time to thank those from the past of all the work and funds they put in, pay off within reason anyone owed money(another story where money will come from) and then move on.

Another issue with League of Ireland clubs is who can become directors.  It seems always that they are people who will put money in, time for investors to be on the board along with representives of fans, local leagues and clubs and other interested parties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
  Share Topic