You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:22pm
Yesss go on the blues 

Let's hope for a home draw for the semi finals but won't fear anyone left 

Really wish the FAI would follow the English FA and have the cup semi finals in The Aviva like Wembley is used in the FA Cup 
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:17am
nice sentiment but why on earth would the FAI go to the expense of staging semis at Lansdowne Road for a few thousand to turn up? I cant recall the amount needed through the turnstiles to even break even but its a significant number, that I do know. A double header may be feasible numbers wise depending on teams involved, but a nightmare crowd control wise and a non runner. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:30am
Yeah I don’t think I’d be for it, keep the Aviva for the final, makes it a much bigger achievement in getting there 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:58am
The semi's in Wembley was always a bad idea if you ask me.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

nice sentiment but why on earth would the FAI go to the expense of staging semis at Lansdowne Road for a few thousand to turn up? I cant recall the amount needed through the turnstiles to even break even but its a significant number, that I do know. A double header may be feasible numbers wise depending on teams involved, but a nightmare crowd control wise and a non runner. 

Would be very short sighted to not explore the possibility of hosting the semis in Lansdowne and while the gate receipts may not be a huge money maker having the semis there would certainly raise the profile of the cup and when they are going to look for sponsorship it may bare fruit.
Couldn’t invisiage any security problems with the teams left so no reason why a double header could not work .
Think it would be a huge shot in the arm for the cup .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 5:54am
The idea of a double header is worth exploring. If marketed properly, you could end up dragging in a lot of casual fans.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 7:50am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The idea of a double header is worth exploring. If marketed properly, you could end up dragging in a lot of casual fans.
Maybe in normal circumstances but with Covid I think it’s a complete non runner 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:46pm
Got my tickets for the Cup semi final in Dalymount next Friday. Not every season the club gets to a cup semi final and getting to the Aviva would be a very special day. Any decent pubs around the area for a few pre match drinks (i imagine some might not be accommodating to away supporters)

Back to the league, huge huge match tomorrow night against Finn Harps. A defeat would be a disaster and would be pretty difficult for us to avoid 9th place even with a few games left. 

saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Got my tickets for the Cup semi final in Dalymount next Friday. Not every season the club gets to a cup semi final and getting to the Aviva would be a very special day. Any decent pubs around the area for a few pre match drinks (i imagine some might not be accommodating to away supporters)

Back to the league, huge huge match tomorrow night against Finn Harps. A defeat would be a disaster and would be pretty difficult for us to avoid 9th place even with a few games left. 

The Hut is usually away friendly but it's a small pub, ye wouldn't be getting a couple of hundred of you in there 
Snowie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:43am

Hedigans (Brian Boru) is a good big pub close to the away end. Could accommodate a good few Waterford fans.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 10:06am
Loads of pubs in phibsboro & there’ll be no problems with away fans 
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 4:58pm
Doyles, The Hut, Bohemian House, The Mill all (right) besude Dalymount
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:38pm
absolutely won’t have any hassle lads, great boozers all around the area.Doyle’s used to be a bit sniffy about football fans but they’d probably be dragging you in now! The huts grand as well, ditto the back page( think they’re doing a pizza and a pint for a tenner).
Phibsboro house is all bohs usually on match night, but you’d be welcome I’m sure. Cross guns and the boru are grand and the gravediggers a little bit further but a good spot to park up.
No Pasaran!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:46pm
Hard Luck lads, thought you got the draw. Ref gave them everything,  when I saw who was doing it I knew what was coming 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 22 Oct 2021 at 9:46pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 10:05pm
would you cop the f**k on, denied bohs 3 clear penalties, gave one and should have stamped out their nonsense early. It’s a wonder Liam Burt has two legs after that tonight, bunch of hackers.
No Pasaran!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Hard Luck lads, thought you got the draw. Ref gave them everything,  when I saw who was doing it I knew what was coming 

LOLLOL So insecure 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 2:32am
Disappointing result tonight but Bohs fully deserved the win. Occasion got to our lads a bit. Let's hope we can regain focus and avoid that playoff spot 

A spot of trouble coming out of the ground, no place in the game for that kind of carry on
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 8:05am

Disappointing result tonight but Bohs fully deserved the win. Occasion got to our lads a bit. Let's hope we can regain focus and avoid that playoff spot 

A spot of trouble coming out of the ground, no place in the game for that kind of carry on
My first Waterford match in two years, disappointing result but great to be back. Where was the trouble? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 52>
  Share Topic