Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 52>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:35pm
Aye, well I haven't been driven out, tis very much my own decision, and not one that too many of me own friends are even agreeing with, but if the events of the last week have taught anyone anything, it should be that not calling out these autocratic types will likely have negative consequences somewhere up the road. 

There are a lot there who are genuinely ambivalent toward JD, they recognise stuff he has done locally, and the RSC has got its fair share of underage games over his tenure etc. I used to have much the same attitude toward him meself years ago, thinking there was some good & some bad about him, but he'd be there forever anyway. Scotland away was what really opened my eyes, not because I didn't get a ticket (got in anyway, no big deal, I'm old enough to remember when nearly all away games were over-subscribed, I think I wasn't allocated tickets for 6 of my first 8 away games, didn't stop me then either) but because it exposed the utter contempt he actually had for fans in the aftermath. 

Statement blaming Scots- lie
Statement on some local radio in Kerry saying all fans had been prevously advised to join SC's- lie
Statement on Ray Darcy saying someone in FAI 'dropped the ball'- possibly true, possibly not
Statement on Ray Darcy saying he wasn't personally allocated tickets- lie

In my view, Power had much the same contempt for (at least some) fans of WFC releasing that statement, so maybe the lies will start coming thick & fast at some later stage, but I'm fairly certain they will come. Won't be any consolation when it happens, but I'll be proven right about this in the end.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Pats in Europe, 2 words - Zimbru Chisiniu
you could has easily said glasgow celtic  
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:15pm
Not looking good for Waterford with rumours Lee Power pull the plug if they are out of Europe
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Pats in Europe, 2 words - Zimbru Chisiniu
you could has easily said glasgow celtic  

Indeed i could ST, but i'm a bitter and twisted individual.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Not looking good for Waterford with rumours Lee Power pull the plug if they are out of Europe

Licensing is a joke, they had record crowds last year and still lost €562k. Waterford fans with their head in the sand are as bad. Hopefully they make the end of the season, few decent players to be picked off mid season. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:47pm
Fran Gavin is another one that should go, along with the Board. JD obviously looking after his hometown club and now that he has stepped aside pats felt they were in a better position to lodge an appeal. The Licencing is a joke all you have to do is drop the United or youths and you can screw over the decent businesses that you owe money to.
I'd imagine they will look to get some of their players off their books now with no European money on the way. 

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:05pm
I’d say young jj is regretting leaving dalymount for the bigger challenge now!
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

I’d say young jj is regretting leaving dalymount for the bigger challenge now!

He has been very disappointing this season I must say 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:39pm
Who could have foreseen this?
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:39pm
The John Delaney love club Facebook page are saying things are sorted and Blues are back in ConfusedConfused
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

The John Delaney love club Facebook page are saying things are sorted and Blues are back in ConfusedConfused

Even if that does happen 200k isn't going to cover the debt that has built up so is he just going to f**k off next year when they're more in debt. I hope those 500 SC members are looking into a backup plan.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:13pm
FAI Press Release
Thursday, 18 April 2019

Statement on Waterford FC UEFA Licensing Application

The Football Association of Ireland can confirm it has received notification from UEFA’s Licensing Department that Waterford FC’s exception request has been rejected on the non-fulfilment of the three-year rule as defined in the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations.

UEFA has informed the FAI that, following the Club Financial Control Body-Investigatory Chamber decision in this case, Waterford FC may not apply for a UEFA licence for the UEFA Club Competitions for the season 2019/20.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:32pm
UEFA rules and scumbaggery by Pats butnI bet John and the FAI get blamed. f**k Pats.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:42pm
So...Cork are older than WaterfordLOL

Bad form though. Waterford earned their place.

Edited by corkery - 18 Apr 2019 at 10:42pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:42pm
A bit quick that response perhaps it was coming anyway?

Either way people having a go at pats for this are way off, if the FAI were doing their job properly this would have been sorted in November and pats wouldn't have had to go down this route. It's well known the rules, sad for the fans but Waterford knew 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:55pm
Tbf Waterford were unlucky that their favourite son is on gardening leave to fix it. Again Fran Gavin should concider his own position. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:16pm
Absolutely gutting for the Blues. St. Pats getting some stick down here but St Pats did exactly what Waterford would have done if the situation was reversed.  I knew two years ago that the new entity Waterford FC would have to be at least three years old to be able to compete in Europe.  Waterford not getting great sympathy, the statement of support for JD from its owner didn't help the charm offensive. 

Edited by ontheball - 18 Apr 2019 at 11:18pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:16am
Anyone blaming Pats would want to cop on. Are they supposed to throw away a minimum of 200k to let the worst run club in the league play in Europe. F*ck that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 52>
  Share Topic