Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 52>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 7:49pm
Oh boy where's John when ya need himLOL Junkies ya sly whoors ye!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Oh boy where's John when ya need himLOL Junkies ya sly whoors ye!

Purely coincidental timing from Pats I'm sure LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 7:59pm
What's the likely outcome?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:29pm
Seems a bit petty from st pats no? They must be really desperate to get that european money.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Seems a bit petty from st pats no? They must be really desperate to get that european money.

A guaranteed 200k makes a big difference to any LOI club. If we all knew there was a risk of this than surely Waterford did too. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:35pm
Pats need the dosh.Stuck with a manager the fans don’t want and a sugar daddy who’s losing five zeros at least up to now.
Hard to feel sorry for lickhole power though, we’re ok f**k the rest!! w**ker.

Edited by oldbilly - 17 Apr 2019 at 8:36pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:39pm
I dont know i think its poor enough form. You finished 5th suck it up. Maybe its just me. More than likely get hammered anyway going on their form lately.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Pats need the dosh.Stuck with a manager the fans don’t want and a sugar daddy who’s losing five zeros at least up to now.

I'm surprised there wasn't more made of the race for fifth last year. Bohs could very easily be in this position now. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:46pm
Surely this should of been sorted at the end of last season by the higher ups instead of getting fans Hope's up this late

Annoyed but I could see it coming 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:54pm

I dont know i think its poor enough form. You finished 5th suck it up. Maybe its just me. More than likely get hammered anyway going on their form lately.
The rules are there for a reason though. It doesn't change the fact that Waterford finished 4th , just that they might not be eligible for European football. Pats are well within their rights to question it.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:59pm

We played Waterford in 3 different releagation playoffs, twice they lodged appeals against us staying up and didn’t suck it up the other they got promoted anyway, so f**k them, hope pats are given the spot

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:02pm
If all is above board Waterford need not worry, Pats well within their rights to question it
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:18am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Agreed. There will be very little sympathy from around the league because of his statement. Sympathy for players and fans yes, but none whatsoever for him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:51am
Petty my hole, any club in Pats position would have done the exact same.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:53am
As a Waterford season ticket holder, the antics of Lee Power regarding his Statement released in support of JD/FAI raises further questions to the relationship between the two and what was agreed personally and maybe it questions the content of our license. (I’m open to contradiction on this as a few more on here would know more about the process and content of the license). 

If the whole JD saga never happened there wouldn't be an iota to even worry about as both JD and Michael Cody would have brushed this under the carpet. 
Now with the whole saga unravelling, St Pats in my opinion have done what any other club would have done and questioned the process behind Waterford's qualification. We would have done it ourselves if we were in Pat's position. 

Members on the Facebook page have said there is nothing to worry about over the past 12 months. This is probably information that was either given to them by Club officials or simply their own personal opinion. It must be noted that if this was so black and white now why did everyone think we were in Europe from the off? Maybe it's similar to the mass delusion that has engulfed the whole nothing to see here attitude of Clubs statement over JD.  

I have no problem with us losing our European spot if it means that the rules are enforced and governed correctly. Both the FAI and the LOI require a major overhaul of governance so if this is the start of something new for Irish football then I won’t complain. 

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:28pm
great post below from Deise316 in the JD thread for anyone who missed it. 

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Just put up a question on their Facebook(BSC) basically asking will they be  distancing themselves  from the statement of Lee Power of two weeks ago.

Good luck with that. Questioned it meself, got a fairly rambling reply that contained references to the tennis ball protest, JD not good but no worse than corrupt Swiss & Italian Uefa officials, as well as mentioning that there were worse things happening politically in real life etc. To be quite honest, I would have been confident of shredding the arguments in it to pieces without any great difficulty, but just sent the admin chap (who I know reasonably well) a message instead saying I had no wish to continue the argument in public, left FB group & will leave it at that. 

My views weren't picking up that much traction anyway to say the very least, and I left before the chances of getting involved in an argument with some lads who, a few weeks ago, were espousing a theory that the plastic seats they had broken in their own section of the stand were made of weaker plastic than the seats elsewhere, thus easier to accidentally break. Despite exactly zero plastic seats being broken elsewhere in the ground. That's a classic, ya should look it up. 

Don't see meself back at the RSC unless that statement is retracted (not redacted Scientist, that's a different fella...........) , or re-addressed with a different slant in light of more recent events, none of which I see actually happening either. Some mates said I was protesting Delaney, or Power, the fact is I'm not protesting about either of them whatsoever, or their mutual high opinions of each other. 

Power put out a statement supporting JD/FAI in the club's name, not his own. Either you believe owner = club, (or owners money = club) or club =owner, fans, players, manager, sponsors, volunteers, ticket sellers, security lads, ambulance staff etc. I believe in the last one, and believe he had no right to speak for the club as a whole, especially regarding an issue as contentious as FAI/Delaney. That's my only issue, what he privately thinks of JD/FAI, or even publically thinks of JD/FAI as Lee Power the individual is none of my concern whatsoever, even if I would likely disagree with that opinion. Putting forward his opinion as that of the club- I can't do anything about that other than no longer be a part of the club, even if I was only a small, insignificant part of it in the first place. 

All that aside, as Scientist pointed out in his post, the response he got was that none of 500 blues SC members had a single word to say about it. That fairly boggled what's left of me brains, it has been the number one subject in news headlines for a week, every media outlet carrying the story, even updating it by the hour, live tweeting committee meetings, women in work who wouldn't know a football if it hit them on the head asking me, as a football fan, what's the story with the FAI, it made the BBC football website, D69 has become a multi media superstar on the back of it, nearly every football fan in the country has something to say on it, but the only lads with no opinion at all on it are Waterford fans. 

I'm that disillusioned with the whole lot that I don't even think I'll even miss it that much to be honest, hurling season back on in a few weeks, and at least I know some fraction of me money will go toward the new stadium in Walsh Park, and not to support another identikit JD/FAI lackey of the type that has been castigated all round this week. 

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:08pm
Well said deise, this is the fallout from tools like power et al shouting their support for a fellow arrogant self important member of the richboy club. Decent fans and proper football people driven out ,I loved seeing the blues back and thriving but this idiot needs to keep his personal views just that.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:17pm
Pats in Europe, 2 words - Zimbru Chisiniu
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 52>
  Share Topic