You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 52>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:51pm
I had the club twitter account up to follow it, seems yerman Vigouroux had a very good game in goal
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:46pm
Bray away game tomorrow headed for pitch inspection in the morning, may not go ahead. A bit unlucky not to hold out V Dundalk the other night, though Dundalk owned the ball for the majority of the 2nd half. We got 3 points we didn't deserve V Sligo the week before, so swings & roundabouts I suppose. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:38pm
No appeal against our team selection deise? It's normally what happens when w beat you!!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:33am
Live on tv , huge crowd & beating the Hoops .
Great away support , I know that Rovers have been off the pace in recent seasons but for fans of my vintage this will always be the one to win.

Edited by deiseblue - 24 Mar 2018 at 10:33am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 1:19pm
Waterford played very well at times last night. Duffus, Hery and Keegan were excellent. Keegan literally only took about 2 touches every time he had the ball but played the right passes and kept things ticking over, class act.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:09pm
Stanley Aborah was very good too. Great to see such a crowd and a great result to put us 2nd. A few years ago we were losing to Shamrock Rovers b team in front of a couple of hundred fans so Blues fans are really enjoying the turnaround in fortunes.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

Stanley Aborah was very good too. Great to see such a crowd and a great result to put us 2nd. A few years ago we were losing to Shamrock Rovers b team in front of a couple of hundred fans so Blues fans are really enjoying the turnaround in fortunes.

Rovers players were just bouncing off him, serious strength.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:29pm
Just remember that you have Lee Power! I want a strong Waterford, but Lee Power!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:32pm
Any team that beats them Rovers f**ks is alright by me
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Any team that beats them Rovers f**ks is alright by me
They beat Shams!
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:46pm
Waterford strong enough for a title charge ?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:54pm
Wouldn't get too carried away just yet. Only beat 10 men last night thanks to 2 defensive howlers. I'd imagine they'll finish between 5th and 7th. Great addition to the league. Hopefully Galway get promoted and Bray go down and we'll have a league with all the regions and large urban centres of the country represented. Could be the start of something positive in the league forva change...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Wouldn't get too carried away just yet. Only beat 10 men last night thanks to 2 defensive howlers. I'd imagine they'll finish between 5th and 7th. Great addition to the league. Hopefully Galway get promoted and Bray go down and we'll have a league with all the regions and large urban centres of the country represented. Could be the start of something positive in the league forva change...

em..... if there was a more accessible 12 team Premier Division those aspirations would be more easily realised. To exclude FCs by exaggerating Relegation and then 'hope' they return to the reduced environment. Inconsistency from exclusionists that want to control access to the Premier Division but pretend they want Diversity and Representation. Mr. Grassroots John Caulfield would be proud of your comment.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:46pm

Well that’s not quite true is it ? the absolute idiocy of Gilchrist was obviously helpful as was the laughable defending for the Blues second but the Blues cannot be blamed for the Hoops appalling poor discipline ( which has long been a problem ) & defending - deserving winners & will they finish above Rovers ? - a strong possibility I would have thought as Lee Power may possibly be active in both the transfer & loans market.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 12:21pm
Yep, agree with DB, I think a title challenge is probably a step too far at this point, Dundalk & Cork do look stronger than us, but I haven't seen anything great from anyone else that makes me think we can't be 3rd or 4th, or at least at the races for those positions.  If we are in the hunt at the halfway point, Power may reinforce the existing squad, though he hasn't gone public with his intentions in that regard. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Well that’s not quite true is it ? the absolute idiocy of Gilchrist was obviously helpful as was the laughable defending for the Blues second but the Blues cannot be blamed for the Hoops appalling poor discipline ( which has long been a problem ) & defending - deserving winners & will they finish above Rovers ? - a strong possibility I would have thought as Lee Power may possibly be active in both the transfer & loans market.

Not a snowballs chance in hell that Waterford will finish ahead of Rovers. You won on Friday fair enough and congrats for that, but up to the sending off (admittedly early enough) Rovers were the better team. Even with 10 men we dominated most of the second half. The only real top quality football in the match was our goal.

If Waterford are within 10 points of us at the end of the season i'll be shocked.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:52pm

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Not a snowballs chance in hell that Waterford will finish ahead of Rovers. You won on Friday fair enough and congrats for that, but up to the sending off (admittedly early enough) Rovers were the better team. Even with 10 men we dominated most of the second half. The only real top quality football in the match was our goal.

If Waterford are within 10 points of us at the end of the season i'll be shocked.

Rovers fan shock easily though! Sure in 2011 they'd all have been shocked if Rovers weren't to finish in the top two in the league in any of the next 7 years. 

Waterford's game in hand is Bray, so reasonable to stay there is a 5 point gap currently. May well be more than 10 in the difference by the end but I wouldn't be so 'shocked' if was not.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:24pm
Looks like a sell out for the Cork game.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 52>
  Share Topic