You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 10:45pm
Not sure about Wexford debt they are now called Wexford FC youths are gone
get me out of hear
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Yellow Belly Yellow Belly wrote:

Not sure about Wexford debt they are now called Wexford FC youths are gone

Am I missing something here?

Wexford Youths were still Wexford Youths in every aspect tonight, same with the Twitter page etc. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 12:12am
Could Waterford run away with the league this year, in a similar fashion to Limerick last year? 11/8 at the moment to win it.
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 12:16am
They are now Wexford FC Mick Wallace is no longer involve with them and cannot be. they will have to change all branding crest etc.
get me out of hear
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Yellow Belly Yellow Belly wrote:

They are now Wexford FC Mick Wallace is no longer involve with them and cannot be. they will have to change all branding crest etc.

Have you anything to prove the name change?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 7:47pm
Waterford setting the bar high: LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 8:09pm
In fairness to them, they played well in bits today, first half more than the second. Very physical for a friendly though, Seanie Maguire got stretchered off after a very strong tackle from McClean
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 11:43pm
A few bob on Longford to win it me thinks....Waterford a bit light in midfield
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 2:17pm
There is an unusual phone-in on BBC Radio Wiltshire this Friday evening as Swindon chairman Lee Power answers questions put to him by Town fans. It might be of some interest to Waterford fans, it s on at 6 o' clock. I might give it a listen.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Rumours are Murphy was given a rather large "loan" by Waterford before Xmas in Lue of signing and there's been no sign of him at Waterford since!!!!!'
I so hope this is true.
He`s signed for North End United in the Wexford League LOL
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 6:07am
Why on earth would you hope that this is true ?
Is it because of some grievance you have against Waterford or just small mindedness ?

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Is it because of some grievance you have against Waterford or just small mindedness ?

I have a sense of humour and an over weight Wexford League player running off with Lee Powers money happens to tickle that sense of humour.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I have a sense of humour and an over weight Wexford League player running off with Lee Powers money happens to tickle that sense of humour.

LOLLOLLOL
Some people would call it irony!
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 8:46pm
The unseemly rush to believe & laugh at this unverified story demonstrates small mindedness rather than any sense of humour.
For someone who professes that he hopes the Blues flourish given Mr. Power's investment then such comments are to say the least contradictory .
deise View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 9:05pm
He got his release last Saturday after paying back the money and signed back to his old Junior club.
bla bla bla
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:30pm

The unseemly rush to believe & laugh at this unverified story demonstrates small mindedness rather than any sense of humour.
For someone who professes that he hopes the Blues flourish given Mr. Power's investment then such comments are to say the least contradictory .

You`re trying to make out i have some sort of vendetta or grudge against Waterford and i can assure you i don`t. 

Any aggression or bitterness i`ve shown on this thread is purely based on my belief that the whole thing will end in tears as it has for Cork, Shelbourne, Shamrock, Galway et.al in the past.
I am sick of clubs thinking money men from abroad care a jot about them. He`s a venture capitalist with a penchant for accumulating everything from racehorses to lower league clubs in the hope of making a profit either through selling the clubs or selling players. Most likely Waterford will end up as Swindon`s B team.

Now "Mr Power" has arrived i genuinely hope the faith of the Waterford fan is well founded.

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:59pm
I reckon he will stick with Waterford for a long time as he will use their underage teams to recruit the best u14/15/16 players in muster/leinster and offer them a pathway to england via swindon. He will be getting first choice on a lot of the most promising young players in ireland and will be getting them to swindon for a cheap price in the hope of selling them on for a big profit. Now i could be wrong but I ant think of any other reason he is willing to waste his money in the league.
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:59pm
Can understand any misgivings, as this league has seen plenty of chancers before (big hello to Tom Coughlan/Arkaga) , as well as plenty well meaning individuals who got in over their heads, or having spent too much trying to achieve success, then exited sharply leaving clubs in a bigger mess than they were in before they came in.

But what the likes of me & DB & other Waterford fans have been saying fairly repeatedly on here is that we do not have anything to lose, the club was bust anyway, if Lee Power had not come in, the liklihood is we would be in this thread discussing a former LOI club. I'm not exaggerating one bit of that, anyone with any local knowledge of the club here will tell you the same. 

That isn't to say Power will prove successful, or his ownership of the club will be some sort of future LOI ideal plan for all clubs to follow, or anything like it. Does he care about the club ? Nah, likely not, he has probably invested a few hundred grand on a gamble that the club could get promoted & then go on to be a bigger force in the premier division in years to come. A few hundred grand to a professional gambler isn't a whole lot, there is probably a handful of lads at Swindon right now worth that as individual players, tis relatively small money. 

As a professional gambler of sorts, he has no doubt looked at Dundalk (who would likely have gone bust themselves 4 years ago had we beaten them in a playoff) & where they have gone in a relatively short space of time & thought there might be similar money/profit in it for him. Maybe there will, maybe there won't, only time will tell on that one, but even if I wasn't a fan of the club, I don't really see why it would annoy anyone else that much, I certainly wouldn't be annoyed if some other overseas fella took over say, Finn Harps or Cobh Ramblers, tis still a better alternative than what happened Monaghan. 

Mind you, your own club achieved great success doing it in some kind of relatively normal organic fashion with local investors, only for yer board to throw it all away by sacking the lad who brought the success followed by a slew of poor managerial appointments, there are plenty ways to take a club downhill without any overseas involvement. 

Edited by deise316 - 03 Feb 2017 at 12:00am
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 52>
  Share Topic