You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 1:57am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Wonder will any swindon players be coming in. Im sure power could send over a few youngsters to get some 1st team experience.

More than youngsters locals would have it - squad members who need competitive games .
Then again the amount of rumours down here are increasing as the next season beckons.
Sponsored Links

RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

It's the LOI First Division with all due respect they've attracted one of the biggest name in Irish Football Management Pat Fenlon to be their director who will obviously have a massive say in the direction the club is going, give them some credit.

Got a good laugh off this LOL Im sure Mr. Fenlon was just batting away those offers daily from Premier Division clubs. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

It's the LOI First Division with all due respect they've attracted one of the biggest name in Irish Football Management Pat Fenlon to be their director who will obviously have a massive say in the direction the club is going, give them some credit.

Got a good laugh off this LOL Im sure Mr. Fenlon was just batting away those offers daily from Premier Division clubs. 

You must be easily amused so.........On your part a very strange comment Confused

What does it matter if he had or hadn't got offers from elsewhere? Does that mean he had to accept Waterfords offer? Absolutely not. 

Your logic is rather strange. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:28pm

You must be easily amused so.........On your part a very strange comment Confused

What does it matter if he had or hadn't got offers from elsewhere? Does that mean he had to accept Waterfords offer? Absolutely not. 

Shelbourne bang
Bohs lose their ground
Derry double contracts
Rovers borrowing money
Waterford...
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:56pm
He doesn't write any of the cheques himself though. Up to whoever runs the club to keep everything in order.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Shelbourne bang
Bohs lose their ground
Derry double contracts
Rovers borrowing money
Waterford...

Money doesn't always guarantee success, his record speaks for itself no matter what your agenda or opinion is of him.

As it's been said, it was hardly Fenlons fault these clubs were throwing big money into his projects?

Are you telling me if you were in his shoes you wouldn't be spending what was given to you by the board? I know I would. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:02pm
Rennie is a prick but a very knowledgeable coach, I reckon he will do well with the blues.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Shelbourne bang
Bohs lose their ground
Derry double contracts
Rovers borrowing money
Waterford...
For a training ground and acadamy.. First board Fenlon met who enforced a budget.
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 9:51am
It looks good for next season with the signings we've made and managerial appointments. The club at last seems to be going in right direction after the takeover and the fans are looking forward to the season for the first time in a few years.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:44pm
Kenny McEvoy signed today. I know things haven't really worked out for him, but that could be a great signing. Some real hype around the club at the moment
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Kenny McEvoy signed today. I know things haven't really worked out for him, but that could be a great signing. Some real hype around the club at the moment
Seems like a lad that`s more interested in the trappings of being a footballer rather than actually being a footballer.
He`ll be grand in the First Division. 
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Seems like a lad that`s more interested in the trappings of being a footballer rather than actually being a footballer.
It does appear that way, what is the wage bill like there? Will people go to the RSC to watch them?
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:40pm
I'd imagine they're paying a fair bit, by First Division standards anyway.

I'd say the first crowd of the season could be fairly big, I've seen lads on social media who would have no interest before talking about them, even buying season tickets. If things go well, that crowd could hang around
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It does appear that way, what is the wage bill like there? Will people go to the RSC to watch them?

Of course, no one really knows only people involved with the club, but they`ve brought in Fenlon, Puri, McEvoy, O`Sullivan and they are rumored to be trying to tempt Kenny Browne from Cork.
So i think it`s reasonable to say that it is multiples of previous seasons.

I hope i`m wrong but i think its speculating on a par with what was going on a few years ago.
I suspect their attendances will increase if they stroll to the FD title as expected. 
It remains to be seen if people will stick with them.

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:01pm

Of course, no one really knows only people involved with the club, but they`ve brought in Fenlon, Puri, McEvoy, O`Sullivan and they are rumored to be trying to tempt Kenny Browne from Cork.

I hope i`m wrong but i think its speculating on a par with what was going on a few years ago.
I suspect their attendances will increase if they stroll to the FD title as expected. 

That is what I mean, it seems unsustainable and unnecessary, you don't need Kenny Browne or Pat Fenlon to win the first division, I am not sure anyone, anywhere needs Puri or McEvoy at all!

HC's post above shows what is wrong with Irish football, a spending spree has fellas suddenly interested in season tickets, give it six months and they will be bored and the crowds will be back around a couple of hundred.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:13pm

That is what I mean, it seems unsustainable and unnecessary, you don't need Kenny Browne or Pat Fenlon to win the first division, I am not sure anyone, anywhere needs Puri or McEvoy at all!

HC's post above shows what is wrong with Irish football, a spending spree has fellas suddenly interested in season tickets, give it six months and they will be bored and the crowds will be back around a couple of hundred.
Exactly. Ridiculous that Fenlon isn`t even manager there.

His comment that if success comes people will stick around really struck me. 
We all know what happens if success doesn't come.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:24pm

Exactly. Ridiculous that Fenlon isn`t even manager there.

His comment that if success comes people will stick around really struck me. 
We all know what happens if success doesn't come.

I was just looking at Limerick's crowds from last season and they dropped off in places too. It just seems so absurd that everyone that comes into the league thinks that if they just chuck unnecessary money at it the fans will come and they will win and everybody will be happy, that is a real stable foundation for success alright. 
Maybe this will work out, maybe Lee feels he owes the Power clan everything he has and will have them in the champions league with Kenny McEvoy, I just can't help but see an asterisk by their name in a year or two.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:34pm

I was just looking at Limerick's crowds from last season and they dropped off in places too. It just seems so absurd that everyone that comes into the league thinks that if they just chuck unnecessary money at it the fans will come and they will win and everybody will be happy, that is a real stable foundation for success alright. 
Maybe this will work out, maybe Lee feels he owes the Power clan everything he has and will have them in the champions league with Kenny McEvoy, I just can't help but see an asterisk by their name in a year or two.

Based on previous experience, this is the only reasonable outcome.

Waterford wont be the only one that goes tits up in the next year or 2. I suspect once the property developers get the Carlisle grounds Bray will be dropped like a hot snot, then there`s the likes of Athlone, Wexford (200k debt) etc.
I wouldnt be surprised if by the time the Euro games are played here in 2020 the league is a 10 team PD and a 7 or 8 team First Division.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 52>
  Share Topic