You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 52>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How come he isn’t an Irish citizen or treated as such? 
Edit, never mind, mod says football talk.

Edited by corkery - 28 Jun 2019 at 5:24pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 7:43pm
The staff & stewards in the RSC were excellent on Friday I must say, stewards especially. 
The dickheads in Cork could learn a lot
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 1:05pm
Delaney gone now
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 3:08pm
The move back to the LoI just never worked out for him. No real surprise at the age he was when he returned.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 4:41pm
Hery's move to Linfield just confirmed now too. Season well and truly over.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 5:33pm
Have to say i'm amazed by that one. Waterford need a striker but not at the expense of losing one of the best players in the league. Also amazed he went to Linfield - how much money is up there?
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Have to say i'm amazed by that one. Waterford need a striker but not at the expense of losing one of the best players in the league. Also amazed he went to Linfield - how much money is up there?

Wow thats bizarre. The guy must have zero ambition to go with his talent.  
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:12pm
Hery a massive loss great talent and done wonders for the club off the forks with charity work. Best of luck too him

For what should be a great July for the club has turned into a disaster. Players leaving, bad form and things dont seem too look like they will get better. The Euro f**k up has cost us dearly 

At least we might get a trip too Scotland for that cup thing

A loss against Sligo will end our top 4 league hopes which is possibly already over. Cup is not going to be easy even up against Maynooth. League cup semi away too Derry will be extremely hard 

Ah f**k it all ha. We pissed someone off upstairs anyway 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 8:50pm
Apparently this O Connor lad thats come in on loan from Linfield is an absolute looper too
culliano View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culliano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:24pm
hes a looper and a goal scorer,beats having a larry murphy  👍
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:09am
It's disappointing to lose Hery but it had been rumoured last month or so that he could move to Linfield. He was out of contract at end of this season so club would have got nothing if he left then so can understand it. He also wanted to play European football. Everything has gone wrong this season so we just need to see it out and try get something from one of the Cups.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Apparently this O Connor lad thats come in on loan from Linfield is an absolute looper too

Really?
What did you hear.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

A well know regular on the Dundalk pub scene.

Thats him and his brother getting into a bit of bother, and its quite regular to see him involved in rows up town.

Super footballer when he puts his mind to it
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 1:12am
A depressing home loss to Harps which could well be the end of Rennie's term. The rumours are that John Caulfield (who was in attendance tonight) is being lined up for the job. His first job is a simple one anyway, make sure we don't get relegated. 

As for the man himself, I don't like the football he played at Cork, though obviously it was very successful for a decent period of time. In any case, we have been so poor this season that anything he could come up with would be an improvement, we aren't in a position to be complaining about style of football.

Appointing the only manager in recent years to challenge and occasionally beat Dundalk to major trophies would be something of a coup for us, and it might also indicate Lee Power has some positive intentions about next season, though I wouldn't really be putting any money on that. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:15am
Do you think he'd be accepted by the fans though Minty? I mean, I can think of a few reasons why that might be an issue
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:46pm
If you cast your mind back to 2015 when we were struggling to stay afloat in the first division, the opposition manager the fans declared they detested the most was Roddy Collins. Roddy then got himself appointed as manager, and more or less became an instant hit with the fans, at least on a personal level, even if not quite managing to translate that to a football style the fans were happy with on the pitch. The whole transition from villain to hero for Roddy took about 12 seconds. 

I'd imagine Caulfield's transition, if he did get appointed, would take place in much the same amount of time. We have a particularly naive set of fans anyway, the bulk of the vocal ones are well intentioned, enthusiastic young lads, but they are very easily swayed (see lack of condemnation of JD/FAI until we got (correctly) dumped out of Europe, they were initially quite happy to back JD/FAI because Lee Power did at the time), for example. A shrewd operator like Caulfield, who is genuinely passionate about LOI, won't have any great difficulty turning that around, especially if he can manage a few decent results on the pitch (that bit might prove the most difficult in the short term)

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 1:04pm
Look if Waterford fans didn't have a problem with signing Akinade I can't see them having a problem with John Caulfield. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:47am
Seems the rumours re Caulfield were all a load of bollix. Mucho apologetico etc. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 52>
  Share Topic