You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:48am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Starting to sound like the new shels... wait till sugar daddy f**ks off.

committed to the foreseeable future with us. spoke about it at length during an interview after the game last Friday night.  with Europa League and possibly Champions League football on the way why would a Chairman leave a profitable and balanced club? We balanced the books this season by selling underage players to clubs across the water, increased gate receipts, merchandise etc. 

just because your best player(s) are signing for us don't be bitter little Billy.

LOL

That's a good one. 
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:15am

ahh now enough of your sh*te, my tea breaks over .why don’t you hop in the tractor and head to the pub, watch the eu grants roll in?

back to queing at hatch 13 so Thumbs Up
You’re on the dole as well as having the farm? Minted
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 1:24pm

You balanced the books by forming a new club financed by Daddy. I still have my doubts you’ll be allowed compete in eufa competition,although I hope I’m wrong, football back on the front foot in Waterford is something I’m enjoying seeing it’s a great away day too. Best players? He’s far from that but potentially very good, can’t see him getting in your first11 atm.were used to losing players now too so bitter, no not really, just hate smartarse wind up merchants.

I think that at times we forget ourselves and where we came from as a club .
It ill behoves us to be sl*gging other clubs about luring their “ better “ players away particularly when you think of the players we lost to other clubs when the Blues were languishing.
Thankfully it does appear that the Blues will compete in Europe as it seems to be accepted that the change of name was simply a rebranding to Waterford FC to reflect the club’s long and garlanded history , it should also be remembered that the club discharged all it’s debts at the time.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:53am
rumours floating about last night that Rennie is going to be Kenny's assistant at Under 21 level and is going back to his FAI position in Wicklow. 

wouldn't be a huge loss overall. had a great start and then lost the dressing room halfway through the season with his off field problems not helping either. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:53pm
Shane Duggan signed from Limerick 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 5:35pm
Good signing for ye.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Good signing for ye.

Is it though?
If waterford have any intention of closing the gap on Dundalk and Cork theres not much point in signing a player like Duggan. A good solid loi midfielder but wouldn't get into the cork or dundalk midfield.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 30 Nov 2018 at 7:09pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 8:55pm
Thoughts on Niall Corbet please lads and lassies?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 4:31am
Decent keeper Dave, nothing too spectacular. He started for the first 2 games for us last year, then Lawrence Vigoroux came in from (Lee Power's other club) Swindon on loan for the first half of the season after falling out with then Swindon manager Dave Flitcroft, more than likely just to keep his transfer value up (he had been at both Liverpool & Spurs as an underage player and Swindon had allegedly rejected a bid of 800k for him in previous season from a championship club) - Vigoroux did very well for us in that time and neither sub keepers (Corbet & Matt Connor) got a look in in that time. 

When he went back to Swindon at the halfway point, Connor got the nod as No.1 and more or less stayed there until the last 5 or 6 games of the season, where Corbet came in & did well. I reckon UCDFAN is probably the man to ask as he would have seen him over a greater period of time than Waterford fans. 

Personally don't think he is among the top level of LOI keepers from what I have seen of him, but at the same time, very solid and won't commit any stupid howlers- think Bohs have done OK here. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:03am
So it seems Rennie is more or less confirmed as Stephen Kenny No.2 and staying with the Blues next season. A few games will have to be rearranged during the international period. 

We have been very slow in the transfer market so far. Rumours of budgets been slashed are rife but then again I’d be inclined not to believe this as it stops players from outside of the club  seeking ridiculous amount of money because we have qualified for Europe. We wasted money last season signing players based upon previously playing with big clubs and getting a few caps for their country etc. but there was rumours floating about that these players were signed due to deal done with a particular agent during preseason but nothing concrete has ever come about from it nor do I think it ever will (pub talk). One thing to counteract the budget rumours is one player in particular was on €650 a week last year and has been offered €250 a week to remain full time. Was told this from the players auld lad. Confused the player in question has been approached by Cork but is hoping to continue his existing terms with us. 

If you read the official supporters club page, rumours also previously mentioned here was that Sadlier was going to Swindon and coming back to us on Loan but again that proved to be inaccurate. Few stupid names been thrown about also on the page but that’s probably half the fun of preseason transfers etc. 

It seems Stanley Aborah won’t be coming back next season which is a pity but I hope to f**k he doesn’t sign for another LOI club. the man is a class act 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 3:40pm
Paul Keegan signs for Bray.

no loss really, legs were gone and First Division is his level at his age 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:36pm
Derek Daly also gone to Bray 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:41pm

I assume that he drove?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I assume that he drove?

setup a poll and thread in the euro 2020 section and see what is the best method 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:38pm

I assume that he drove?

setup a poll and thread in the euro 2020 section and see what is the best method 
Walking with Coyner is always the best method.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:20am

I assume that he drove?

Walking with Coyner is always the best method.

wouldn't be good for the mental health PM LOL
superalma View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superalma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:21am

You balanced the books by forming a new club financed by Daddy. I still have my doubts you’ll be allowed compete in eufa competition,although I hope I’m wrong, football back on the front foot in Waterford is something I’m enjoying seeing it’s a great away day too. Best players? He’s far from that but potentially very good, can’t see him getting in your first11 atm.were used to losing players now too so bitter, no not really, just hate smartarse wind up merchants.

Balanced the books by paying off owed debts, not jump ship on debts like another certain munster club...

Edited by superalma - 15 Dec 2018 at 10:26am
superalma View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superalma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:24am
[QUOTE=LO SCIENZIATO]

We have been very slow in the transfer market so far. Rumours of budgets been slashed are rife but then again I’d be inclined not to believe this as it stops players from outside of the club  seeking ridiculous amount of money because we have qualified for Europe. We wasted money last season signing players based upon previously playing with big clubs and getting a few caps for their country etc. but there was rumours floating about that these players were signed due to deal done with a particular agent during preseason but nothing concrete has ever come about from it nor do I think it ever will (pub talk). One thing to counteract the budget rumours is one player in particular was on €650 a week last year and has been offered €250 a week to remain full time. Was told this from the players auld lad. Confused the player in question has been approached by Cork but is hoping to continue his existing terms with us. 

[/mQUOTE]

Who is the player in question then, you seem like a person in the know. 

Isn’t the cap for pros wages higher then €250 a week......

Considering there’s likely to be players coming from aboard they can’t be signed until January. A South American is tipped to sign, I guess that’s bull too...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 52>
  Share Topic