You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 499500501502503 521>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 10:18am
Prey 8/10 definitely better than the sequels but not as good as the original as said above this would have been a great cinema movie. Best film I've seen this year which wouldn't be hard tbh. All cinema tickets 4 euro next Saturday btw for national cinema day. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 12:00am
Elvis: 3 Star

Just scrapes a 3 star rating. 

A tale of 2 half's, the first half was soooo bad, going way too fast and even with things like current rap music as a backdrop in scenes. Actually was considering leaving the cinema.
Said it even to my daughter, "this is sh*t". She was thinking the same. Said to her "wish they would just slow down and focus on one part of his life". Then that is what they kind of did. Was much improved when they did this and cut out a lot of the bullsh*t. But still feel overall it could have been so much better. Focused too much over and over again about him getting screwed by his manager. Tom Hanks was poor too.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:35am
Nope - A nope from me - Decent but nowhere near as good as Peele's other movies - 5/10
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:56am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Nope - A nope from me - Decent but nowhere near as good as Peele's other movies - 5/10

Agreed - very underwhelming.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 10:59am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Elvis: 3 Star

Just scrapes a 3 star rating. 

A tale of 2 half's, the first half was soooo bad, going way too fast and even with things like current rap music as a backdrop in scenes. Actually was considering leaving the cinema.
Said it even to my daughter, "this is sh*t". She was thinking the same. Said to her "wish they would just slow down and focus on one part of his life". Then that is what they kind of did. Was much improved when they did this and cut out a lot of the bullsh*t. But still feel overall it could have been so much better. Focused too much over and over again about him getting screwed by his manager. Tom Hanks was poor too.

Rubbish.

More over indulgent nonsense from Baz Luhrman. Really don't like his style of film making.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 2:41pm
Me Too 

New Mark Walhberg and Kevin Hart film on Netflix.

Absolute horsesh*te - turned it off after half an hour. 
Touts Out!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 2:48pm
I literally turned it off after 60 seconds. LOL

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2022 at 11:22am
Spent the usual thirty minutes going through Netflix and Prime looking for something to watch and settled on It Could Happen to You...

Should've just watched Event Horizon again (it's on, I believe, Netflix).

Commonly described as "Hellraiser in space" with a dash of Aliens thrown in, I decided to give this a lash a while ago.

I would've watched it sooner if I knew it was primarily a horror movie and not a sci-fi, which I thought it was when I saw the poster with the ominous spaceship as a child.

Sam Neill, Larry Fishburne and company venture into space on a salvage mission to recover the ship "Event Horizon" and its crew, who disappeared after entering a wormhole.

With shots of teeth and various body parts floating through the ship, and recovered on-board footage of the Event Horizon's missing crew, possessed and maiming themselves/each other, it soon becomes apparent that Neill and his salvage crew should've stayed on Terra Firma.

Is the ship a gateway to hell itself?

At under 100 minutes long it moves at a breakneck pace, perhaps too fast, and is filled with relentless tension and vivid images of horror (various scenes of the missing crew being tortured were removed after being deemed too disturbing for cinematic release).

For a movie released in 1997, it holds up well. Beautifully shot with tremendous special effects. It's also highly disturbing, even watching as an adult.

"Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see". 

Sick

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 05 Sep 2022 at 11:22am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 4:14pm
Watched Constantine the other night.

The film stars Keanu Reeves as John Constantine, a cynical exorcist with the ability to perceive and communicate with half-angels and half-demons in their true forms and to travel between Earth and Hell. 

Based off a comic book but don't let that put you off, it's better than that Marvel sh*te. Nice moody noir atmosphere and terrific visuals, it moves along at a nice pace. For a 2005 release the special effects hold up well and its interpretation of heaven, hell, Lucifer, angels, demons and other religious themes are right up my street. Peter Stormare appearing as Satan is worth the wait while the movie plays up to Keanu Reeves' strengths as the sardonic eponymous character dying of lung cancer and sending demons back to hell to try and buy his way into heaven after a prior failed suicide attempt doomed him to the prospect of eternal damnation. Rachel Weisz's detective character works in tandem with Constantine to get to the bottom of her psychiatric patient sister's apparent suicide death, which threatens to doom her to a similar outcome in the afterlife. Pruitt Taylor Vince is always good value and his supporting character, a drunken priest with psychic powers, is another memorable turn. While Tilda Swinton rounds out the cast with a wry, cynical take on the angel Gabriel.

Heavy recommend. Note: give up smoking.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 12 Sep 2022 at 4:16pm
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 1:23pm
Watched John Wick: Chapter 2 the other night, feckin class film, non stop action from start to finish. 8/10
Taoiseach View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taoiseach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 1:26pm
Any reviews for See How They Run? Going this week.

Edited by Taoiseach - 13 Sep 2022 at 1:27pm
Taoiseach View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taoiseach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 1:43pm
Very overrated with all the hype. 5/10 is as good as it gets.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 2:09pm
Nearly always check IMDB before devoting 90 plus mins to any movie. Stumbled upon, Interstate 60 on prime *checks IMDb, 7.6…. Good score, give it a lash.

Fairly whacky, silly movie about a guy being railroaded by his father into a law career that he doesn’t wish to pursue and he bumps into Gary Oldman who is a half leprechaun and grants him a wish…. He then goes on an oddball road trip along a stretch of road that doesn’t exist meeting strange characters and chasing some tail.

Has anybody caught this one? I can’t make up my mind and surprised it scores so highly on IMDb.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 2:53pm
Anyone seen Flatley's seemingly heap of sh*te film Blackbird yet?

Some of the reviews were hilarious. LOL

Will probably end up being a cult film.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If you give or take the odd consonant....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Taoiseach Taoiseach wrote:

Very overrated with all the hype. 5/10 is as good as it gets.

I also use IMDB as a guide and they give it 68%. There are far too many bad to average movies so I always check with them first. It's not an absolute but they're right a lot more than they're wrong.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Went to a 10.30pm showing in the Lighthouse after a heap of pints last week. It was an absolute laugh riot so on that basis I'd recommend it - but the scoops were a pretty key element. I don't think it was created to be watched sober.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 6:19pm
I use imdb for everything.  New TV shows to watch, etc. If pne of those new Netflix series comes out and its only a 6 star rating then its not getting watched 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 499500501502503 521>
  Share Topic