You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 523>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Originally posted by Quey Quey wrote:

yeah id highly recommend it ,other hooligan flicks are normally wank but the firms more about the culture surrounding the football lads great film

Surely you don't count I.D. Q??

heres my reviews of the hooligan flicks released so far

the firm[orginal] bit dated now but was good when it came out first 4/5

ID - warren clarke is the balls in it as is sean pertwee {f**kin love you gumbo :D} 3/5

the football factory {snide version} - didnt liek the version that was released the so called "snide version"was better 3/5 {completely different from the book also}

green street- pure dog spunk 1/5

green street 2- possibly the worst film ever made

the rise of the foot soldier - awful terrible acting and sh*t storyline if it wasnt for the comic genius of craig fairbrass and the alan curbishley lookalike i wouldnt have bothered with it,its comedy gold   1/5

cass - decent 3/5

the firm - 4/5 brilliant

garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 3:00pm

yeah id highly recommend it ,other hooligan flicks are normally wank but the firms more about the culture surrounding the football lads great film

the firm[orginal] bit dated now but was good when it came out first 4/5

ID - warren clarke is the balls in it as is sean pertwee {f**kin love you gumbo :D} 3/5

the football factory {snide version} - didnt liek the version that was released the so called "snide version"was better 3/5 {completely different from the book also}

green street- pure dog spunk 1/5

green street 2- possibly the worst film ever made

the rise of the foot soldier - awful terrible acting and sh*t storyline if it wasnt for the comic genius of craig fairbrass and the alan curbishley lookalike i wouldnt have bothered with it,its comedy gold   1/5

cass - decent 3/5

the firm - 4/5 brilliant

Jaysus the first film was so bad i didn't realise there was a 2nd filmLOL
This time next year........
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by garytwigg21 garytwigg21 wrote:

yeah id highly recommend it ,other hooligan flicks are normally wank but the firms more about the culture surrounding the football lads great filmheres my reviews of the hooligan flicks released so far the firm[orginal] bit dated now but was good when it came out first 4/5 ID - warren clarke is the balls in it as is sean pertwee {f**kin love you gumbo :D} 3/5 the football factory {snide version} - didnt liek the version that was released the so called "snide version"was better 3/5 {completely different from the book also} green street- pure dog spunk 1/5 green street 2- possibly the worst film ever made the rise of the foot soldier - awful terrible acting and sh*t storyline if it wasnt for the comic genius of craig fairbrass and the alan curbishley lookalike i wouldnt have bothered with it,its comedy gold   1/5 cass - decent 3/5 the firm - 4/5 brilliant

Jaysus the first film was so bad i didn't realise there was a 2nd filmLOL

you have to see it to believe how sh*t it is gary

its suppose to be set in a prison in england and yet its clearly in the desert in the states all inmates are hooligans the governor is bennet from commando he decides hat since the prisons over crowded whoever wins a football match between millwall and west ham the winners shall be let out early
it makes the first one look like citizen kane
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 3:21pm

the firm[orginal] bit dated now but was good when it came out first 4/5   OK

ID - warren clarke is the balls in it as is sean pertwee {f**kin love you gumbo :D} 3/5   Classic!!

the football factory {snide version} - didnt liek the version that was released the so called "snide version"was better 3/5 {completely different from the book also}   I Liked it!

green street- pure dog spunk 1/5   Liked this too!!

green street 2- possibly the worst film ever made    Absolute horse sh*te

the rise of the foot soldier - awful terrible acting and sh*t storyline if it wasnt for the comic genius of craig fairbrass and the alan curbishley lookalike i wouldnt have bothered with it,its comedy gold   1/5    Haven't seen it!

cass - decent 3/5    Brilliant

the firm - 4/5 brilliant     Still to watch this!

"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:00pm

Watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last night.
Very watchable!
If you can stomach Michael Cera that is!!

didnt like that film paul and as for that band fluffy pure fags
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:49pm

Watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last night.
Very watchable!
If you can stomach Michael Cera that is!!

didnt like that film paul and as for that band fluffy pure fags

Totally agree there dude!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:55pm

ID - warren clarke is the balls in it as is sean pertwee {f**kin love you gumbo :D} 3/5   Classic!!

the football factory {snide version} - didnt liek the version that was released the so called "snide version"was better 3/5 {completely different from the book also}   I Liked it!

the rise of the foot soldier - awful terrible acting and sh*t storyline if it wasnt for the comic genius of craig fairbrass and the alan curbishley lookalike i wouldnt have bothered with it,its comedy gold   1/5    Haven't seen it!

UPDATE: Just watched The Firm. Not bad at all!

Quey, you omitted Away Days dude! It wasn't bad, I'd say you'll like it cos you liked The Firm.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 6:01pm

UPDATE: Just watched The Firm. Not bad at all!

Quey, you omitted Away Days dude! It wasn't bad, I'd say you'll like it cos you liked The Firm.

didnt like awaydays paul the book was excellent but the only good thing about the filmw as the soundtrack and stephen graham,did you not think it was a gay love story that elvis fella really wanted to bang carty and was jealous everytime he was with a women he really wanted to f**k him bad :D
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 6:07pm
It was a bit of a gay love story alright Q, that's why I thought you'd like it!!
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 6:16pm

It was a bit of a gay love story alright Q, that's why I thought you'd like it!!
was very disapointed in it as i really liked the book
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 4:29am
Went to see The Lovely Bones last night

The film is constantly slowed down by swithcing from a murder investigation story to the CGI pergutory (which is pretty impressive) Peter Jackson created for the girl who was murdered (Saoirse Ronan). As soon as your getting sucked into the crime story, theres about 5 minutes of the girl in this fantasy world which slows the whole film down quite a bit.

Stanley Tucci is class as the murderer and is rightly nominated for best supporting actor at the Oscars. Saoirse Ronan has a big future in Hollywood and is good in this but her voice annoys the sh!t outta me!

6/10
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 7:47am
just ordered

Adventureland (DVD-R)
Boondock Saints II - All Saints Day (DVD-R)
Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
Cold Souls (DVD-R)
Couples Retreat (DVD-R)
Daybreakers (2010)(QuickPlay)(DVD-R)
Edge of Darkness (2010)(QuickPlay)(DVD-R)
Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, The (QuickPlay)(Deluxe)(DVD-R)
Informant, The (2009)(DVD-R)
Serious Man, A (DVD-R)
Triangle (DVD-R)(2009)
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 7:54am

just ordered

Adventureland (DVD-R)
Boondock Saints II - All Saints Day (DVD-R)
Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
Cold Souls (DVD-R)
Couples Retreat (DVD-R)
Daybreakers (2010)(QuickPlay)(DVD-R)
Edge of Darkness (2010)(QuickPlay)(DVD-R)
Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, The (QuickPlay)(Deluxe)(DVD-R)
Informant, The (2009)(DVD-R)
Serious Man, A (DVD-R)
Triangle (DVD-R)(2009)

awful film.one of the worst Ive ever seen in the cinema.
Theres only one sport that matters..
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 8:40am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

just ordered Adventureland (DVD-R) Boondock Saints II - All Saints Day (DVD-R) Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant Cold Souls (DVD-R) Couples Retreat (DVD-R) Daybreakers (2010)(QuickPlay)(DVD-R) Edge of Darkness (2010)(QuickPlay)(DVD-R) Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, The (QuickPlay)(Deluxe)(DVD-R) Informant, The (2009)(DVD-R) Serious Man, A (DVD-R) Triangle (DVD-R)(2009)

awful film.one of the worst Ive ever seen in the cinema.

yeah i heard it sh*t but i model my life on sam neill and william dafoe so i wanna see it
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 8:44am

Willem Dafoe is the balls!

Ever see Sirens with Sam Neill and that gimp Hugh Grant? Elle McPherson naked for most of it Heart
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 8:46am
I'm looking forward to Burtons Alice in Wonderland. That story is still one of the best stories ever told. Defintly written about an acid trip!

Burton's movie "Alice in Wonderland" opens on March 5 as the next film in a line of highly anticipated 3-D movies that has Hollywood watching closely. The most recent 3-D film, sci-fi adventure "Avatar," has shattered box office records on its way to nearly $2.5 billion in global ticket sales.

In recent years, Hollywood has seen a boom in 3-D movies as the major studios create new entertainment for a new generation of audiences, and "Avatar" has shown that fans will pay more for 3-D movies when the special effects are eye-popping.

Burton's "Alice" is the latest industry test. It takes viewers into a world of lush mushroom forests and ravaged wastelands -- a landscape that in 3-D seems to extend beyond the movie screen. At other times, a spear or a talking animal may seem to jab out from the screen.

Alice, played by Australian Mia Wasikowska, 20, goes from giant to thimble-sized depending on what she eats, and actor Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter gazes wildly at everyone through eyes enlarged ever so slightly with special effects.

Burton, 51, said his early exposure to Carroll's work came less from the book and more from pop culture, including drug-themed 1967 song "White Rabbit" from Jefferson Airplane.

Yet, he was quick to add that he found Carroll's story "mind blowing," which seems fitting given the somewhat psychedelic adventure Burton has put on film.

"It just seemed the world that Lewis Carroll created, just the kind of trippyness and the size and spatial elements ... the combination of the medium and the material just seemed really right," Burton told reporters recently.

OLD STORY, NEW VERSION

Burton's "Alice" is based on Carroll's book, but as in most movie adaptations details changed. Burton added elements of Carroll's sequel "Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There" into his movie. And Alice is 19 years-old, not a young girl, when she falls into the topsy-turvy wonderland.

Once there, a motley crew of characters expects her to end the tyranny of the Red Queen, who has a huge head and tiny body. While Alice feels ill-equipped for the job.

If the story has changed somewhat, movie fans can only imagine what Burton has in store with his use of special effects, animation, and three-dimensional storytelling.

The director's "Corpse Bride" (2005) was nominated for an Oscar in animation, and in work as diverse as comic book flick "Batman," musical "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," and fantasy "Edward Scissorhands," the director has shown a flair for creating never-before-seen worlds on film.

In fact, Burton said he was not overly awed by any earlier screen adaptation of "Alice," including the very one his studio, Disney, released in 1951.

"I didn't feel like there was a definitive version to me that we were fighting against," he said.

Hollywood is waiting to see if audiences think like Burton and if his 3-D movie delights fans as much as "Avatar." It has seen more than 80 percent of its $691 million U.S. and Canadian box office from 3-D screens, according to Boxofficemojo.com.

After "Alice" come 3-D versions of Dreamworks Animations' "How To Train Your Dragon" and Warner Bros' "Clash of the Titans," and this week the major studios and theaters neared a $650 million financing package to upgrade thousands of U.S. movie screens to digital projection, which is necessary for screening modern 3-D films.

"'Alice In Wonderland' is the next big 3-D release...so there will be a lot of attention on how (it) performs," said Brandon Gray, president of BoxOfficeMojo.

Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 8:56am
yeah cant wait for alice in wonderland the trailor in 3d before avatar was class
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 9:09am

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Saw a film last night called Bad Liutenant with Nicholas Cage. I'm not usually a fan of his but he was excellent in this. A bit depressing, dark at times but some brilliant laughs! Defo reccommend it

Think this is a remake. Check out the original, Harvey Keitel is amazing!!

Apart from his nude scene....Jaysus, even I look better!
There are friendlier places to drink.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 523>
  Share Topic