You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 489490491492493 521>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 10:21am
French Dispatch. 

Set in a fictional magazine the film focuses on stories that are going to feature in its next publication. 
So it's more 3 short stories rather than 1 overall film. Still very Wes Anderson in the style of acting and the way it's shot, but nowhere near as good as his last Isle of Dogs or Grand Budapest Hotel. 
The dark side.. And the light
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 12:12am
The many saints of Newark.  

I dont know what they were going for  as a huge fan of sopranos it was a complete let down. Again, I dont know what the A Game was with thre movie 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 10:24am
The saints or Newark was a waste of two hours. Anyone who believed the young Tony would grow up to be the top man in a mafia gang would be deluded. The portrayal of some of the younger characters like Paulie and Silvio was laughable. How Chase gave it the go ahead? 
Very poor I thought and and rip off. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 12:22am
Yeah the many saints of Newark as a stand-alone movie wasn’t really the best. If they told that story through a flashback episode or two parter during the original run then you would say that was cool to get that insight into Christopher’s Dad and what happened to him. But as a stand-alone story 20 years later nearly, was pretty uneventful. Just harbouring along from one scene to next.

And while it was kind of cool that the son played Tony and they look alike he did not play tony well. Way too soft I felt. 
Paulie and especially Sil casting was really laughable.

Junior was a good casting as was Tony’s mother.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 6:05pm
Watched Prisoners on Netflix last night. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gylenhaal. Good watch. Gripping movie.

7.75/10
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 7:07pm
Halloween on tonight.  Michael Myers is a beautiful driver of a car.  Knows all the rules of the road.

I hear the new Halloween film involves Michael escaping the mental institution and taking up F1 with McLaren.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 8:17pm
LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 9:41pm
Candyman just as sh*te as the first one 
Chips don't bounce
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I do a movie night with my nephew (23 years old) every couple of weeks. Given his age it obviously makes sense, but it sometimes staggers me the movies that he hasn't seen. For example, last week I had him over for his first watch of Die Hard. I think it'll be a double feature this week with You Were Never Really Here and The French Connection.

Are you available to a take 10 month old. You can choose movie. 

Edited by Baldrick - 30 Oct 2021 at 9:43pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Candyman just as sh*te as the first one 

Ah the first one was good in fairness. Unlike any of its contemporaries, with its gothic undertones and social commentary. Very impactful when it came out.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 11:08pm
Dune 8/10.  Didnt know much about it but very good movie. 
Comparable to Star Wars but enjoyed it more than the most reason Star wars movies anyway 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:42pm
Spiral

Not as bad as I thought it would be. There was a potentially good movie in there somewhere but Chris Rock was a bad choice for the lead and symptomatic of bad casting choices in general while the potentially topical subject matter was left undercooked. Not as gruesome as the other movies. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 4:26am
Scorsese's The Card Counter - 4/10

The pacing of it is very much like The Irishman. Far too slow and a very poor ending.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 4:40pm
Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Nice bit of nostalgia but wasn't amazing. Maybe similar to the Force awakens that it's a rehash of the original.

House of Gucci

Rise and fall of the Gucci family. Good cast and good acting but was a bit long and just not a great story.
The dark side.. And the light
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 6:23pm
The Last Duel - Apparently this flopped at the box office but I thought it was great. The same story is told through the eyes of the 3 central characters. It could have become repetitious but it was engaging throughout 8/10.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 5:24am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Nice bit of nostalgia but wasn't amazing. Maybe similar to the Force awakens that it's a rehash of the original.

House of Gucci

Rise and fall of the Gucci family. Good cast and good acting but was a bit long and just not a great story.

I was actually surprised by this. It's not brilliant by any stretch but it was better than I thought it would be.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 11:34pm
I've just done a rewatch of The Dawn Wall.

A brilliant documentary if ye haven't seen it. It's on Netflix.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 9:03am
Decent watch.

I didn't know 'The Lurker' was into mountain climbing.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 489490491492493 521>
  Share Topic