You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 475476477478479 523>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 12:08pm
The Gentlemen - A very enjoyable return to form for Guy Ritchie, excellent cast and I have a new found fondness for the usually irritating Hugh Grant 8/10

Birds of Prey - Found it just OK, some good scenes and I like Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, seemed like it was missing something though 5/10

Impractical Joker Movie - I love the TV show, film is pretty sh*te though 4/10

War of the Buttons - Really enjoyed this, ya can't bate old Irish movies 8/10

Love Wedding Repeat - Enjoyable unconventional romcom, kind of reminded me of Death at a Funeral (English version) 7/10 

The Hunt - Good fun with plenty of twists and turns 8/10

Escape Room - Good film, like a reality TV version of Saw 7/10

RIPD - Got terrible reviews but I thought it can't be that bad as I like Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges, I was wrong! 3/10
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 12:41pm
Watched the new Bad Boys over the weekend for nostalgic purposes - sh*te
Watched Glass too, not bad. James McEvoy is excellent
Some people just deserve a slap
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 4:39pm
vivarium 8/10 - wacky and unsettling with a clever concept

joint made Irish film too
It would damage this forums' reputation
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 4:06pm
Escape to Victory on TCM at 16:15 ClapClapClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

The Gentlemen - A very enjoyable return to form for Guy Ritchie, excellent cast and I have a new found fondness for the usually irritating Hugh Grant 8/10

Birds of Prey - Found it just OK, some good scenes and I like Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, seemed like it was missing something though 5/10

Impractical Joker Movie - I love the TV show, film is pretty sh*te though 4/10

War of the Buttons - Really enjoyed this, ya can't bate old Irish movies 8/10

Love Wedding Repeat - Enjoyable unconventional romcom, kind of reminded me of Death at a Funeral (English version) 7/10 

The Hunt - Good fun with plenty of twists and turns 8/10

Escape Room - Good film, like a reality TV version of Saw 7/10

RIPD - Got terrible reviews but I thought it can't be that bad as I like Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges, I was wrong! 3/10

What drugs were you on watching the hunt podge LOL
Why no wine??!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 11:27pm
The Danish film 'The Hunt'? I thought that was top class. Your man was brilliant in it 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The Danish film 'The Hunt'? I thought that was top class. Your man was brilliant in it 

Nah this is the 2020 film 
Why no wine??!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Nah this is the 2020 film 
Ah right, I came across the name but now nothing about it.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:11am
It's another slant on the Battle Royale/Hunger Games genre. I enjoyed it. A solid 6.5/10.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

It's another slant on the Battle Royale/Hunger Games genre. I enjoyed it. A solid 6.5/10.

Yea I actually enjoyed it in the end, hunger games, kill bill mashed into one 
Why no wine??!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 10:24am
Rosemary's Baby - Due to this self isolating malarkey I'm watching more movies than usual, so I'm going back through the years a bit. This was made in 1968 (I think). I was aware of it but for one reason or another I'd never bothered with it. It tells the story of a young couple that move to a new apartment block where they encounter an elderly couple that are just a bit too friendly. If I was to categorise this, I'd say it's a chiller. Cracking movie - 7.5/10.

I think as the weeks go on I'll find myself going back through the years to find classics that I may have missed, or even to do re-watches of films that I have already seen. Classics like The Wild Bunch, Chinatown, The French Connection etc.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Rosemary's Baby - Due to this self isolating malarkey I'm watching more movies than usual, so I'm going back through the years a bit. This was made in 1968 (I think). I was aware of it but for one reason or another I'd never bothered with it. It tells the story of a young couple that move to a new apartment block where they encounter an elderly couple that are just a bit too friendly. If I was to categorise this, I'd say it's a chiller. Cracking movie - 7.5/10.

I think as the weeks go on I'll find myself going back through the years to find classics that I may have missed, or even to do re-watches of films that I have already seen. Classics like The Wild Bunch, Chinatown, The French Connection etc.

RB is a great movie , Talking Pictures TV has some decent shouts as does BBC2 - they had Jayne Erye with Orson Welles on it a few week back as well as Great Expectations with John Mills BBC iplayer might still have them

Have David Leans Oliver Twist recorded as well I will get a look
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 11:28am
I watched Hitchcock's Dial M for murder. Grace Kelly is in it. Thought it was a great film. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 11:30am
Dear Hunter was on over the weekend too. Still a very good movie. Was only a young lad when it came out first and I was disappointed that there wasn't enough battle scenes. Not enough war! I really didn't understand what it was all about. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I watched Hitchcock's Dial M for murder. Grace Kelly is in it. Thought it was a great film. 

Clap plus she was stunning in her day
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Dear Hunter was on over the weekend too. Still a very good movie. Was only a young lad when it came out first and I was disappointed that there wasn't enough battle scenes. Not enough war! I really didn't understand what it was all about. 
Old Dear Hunter LOLLOLLOL about Harold shipman ?

Still on iplayer as is
The Damned United
The Conversation  - Gene Hackman
Cat People
Curse of the Cat people
I walked with a Zombie
Night of the living dead
Twelve Monkeys
Witness
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 12:12pm
Have watched the below over the last few days

Casablanca on Easter Sunday, what a cracker in fairness. First time seeing it. 

Guess who's coming for dinner - Spencer Tracy and Poitier ClapClapClap 

In the Heat of the Night - Poitier and Steiger ClapClapClap

North by Northwest was on the other day too. The golden era Clap

Edited by McG - 22 Apr 2020 at 12:14pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 12:37pm
Funny man NR. 

McG Some like it Hot is another great film
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 475476477478479 523>
  Share Topic