You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 521>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 1:48pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 1:58pm
TJ has to watch this now and report back Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 2:17pm
Worth a watch for Claire Forlani alone
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm
With AM here. Overrated bollocks.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Worth a watch for Claire Forlani alone

Image result for boner emoji

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

TJ has to watch this now and report back Clap

server overload

Edited by McG - 12 Nov 2019 at 2:25pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 9:16pm
seen the Irishman at the weekend. 
Thought it was sh*te😂 fell asleep during it.
All the reviews say it’s the dogs bollox but not for me
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 12:16pm
Went to see The Irishman last Friday, thought it was good. Dragged out a bit but that's probably the Netflix aspect to it so it can be shown as a series. If you know anything about US politics/historical events of the time it'll help (Kennedy's/Cuba/Nixon)  
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 12:48pm
Saw the Joker.

Thought it was ok, very grim. It would definately help if you watched the Batman movies which I haven't so stuff I wouldn't have been aware of was happening. I wouldn't know much about the Joker character so his back story was all new to me.

Loved the scene where he danced down the steps where previously he had struggled up them!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Saw the Joker.

Thought it was ok, very grim. It would definately help if you watched the Batman movies which I haven't so stuff I wouldn't have been aware of was happening. I wouldn't know much about the Joker character so his back story was all new to me.

Loved the scene where he danced down the steps where previously he had struggled up them!

Having seen everything else Batman there's not too much linking Joker and the other movies, it's very much on its own.
That is the most in any film that we have ever seen of the Waynes.

Loved how when he danced he just transformed and grew this confidence. Phoenix was very good. 
The dark side.. And the light
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 3:39pm
Saw a special screening of Le Mans 66 in imax last night.
Ford v Ferrari for those in the US cos they ain't gonna see no French film.

Was a good story. Bale was good and it looked very Hollywood but didn't leave going 'Wow'.
Maybe a bit like Rush, liked it at the time but wouldn't be mad to see it again.
The dark side.. And the light
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 3:47pm
You Were Never Really Here - 8/10

This was added to Netflix recently and is well worth a watch. It's another tour de force from J. Phoenix who plays a kind of 'gun for hire' type who essentially embarks on a revenge spree. Whilst there is nothing massively original about the story line it is just a very well put together film.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Saw the Joker.

Having seen everything else Batman there's not too much linking Joker and the other movies, it's very much on its own.

Loved how when he danced he just transformed and grew this confidence. Phoenix was very good. 

Someone told me that in the batman films the Joker was the one accused of killing the Waynes. I didn't know anything about that for example. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:44pm
Game Changers on Netflix. 

1/10.

A steaming pile of sh*te, up there with similar documentaries like "What the health?".
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:58pm

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Saw the Joker.

Someone told me that in the batman films the Joker was the one accused of killing the Waynes. I didn't know anything about that for example. 

That was in the 1989 Batman film, Tim Burton changed Bruce Wayne's (Batman) parents to be killed by a young joker (Or Jack Napier as he was known) in the comics his parents were killed by a character called Joe Chill
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:56pm
Last night I watched "Hôtel Terminus: The Life and Times of Klaus Barbie".

An incredible film.

Whilst it's still up on YouTube, watch this film. It's over four hours long but trust me it's worth it.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 6:54pm
When seeing the name, all I can ever think of is his mention in the brilliant ‘Sheriff Fatman’.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:43am
Hearing very mixed reviews on the Irishman
Any thought?
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Hearing very mixed reviews on the Irishman
Any thought?

I watch hour and a half and wasnt getting into it, tried again following night and watched the lot. Still unsure. It wasnt bad. Think it will be appreciated a lot more in 20 years because you will never have such an all star cast like that again. Think it's a fitting final tribute to all the greats of godfather/goodfella's generation. Story is told. Mafia films never gonna be as good ever again. End of an era.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 521>
  Share Topic