You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 464465466467468 523>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:14pm
Don’t know what to make of Once Upon a Time. Just home from it. Think I need to take it all in LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Don’t know what to make of Once Upon a Time. Just home from it. Think I need to take it all in LOL
Like a young Barry Norman.LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Like a young Barry Norman.LOL

LOL

AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 11:49am
Right, having slept on it I’ve come to conclusion that this movie is not for everybody. The first 2 or so hours are slow moving with not a lot happening and is basically just a tribute to the 60s with some fine acting along the way. 6 people left the cinema during this time.

The last 30 or so mins, well strap yourself in baby because it’s a white knuckle ride and out comes the Tarantino movie we have all
been waiting for. I look forward to watching this again.

In the words of Quey, serious twitch off Margot Robbie and Brad Big smileBig smile

8/10
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:04pm
It's got a lot of bad reviews.
Some people saying it's the worst film they've seen!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:14am

Am currently in that boat!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 7:12pm
Watched this today and enjoyed it. It's quite slow and sometimes you question the direction of the film, but the last 20 minutes are unreal
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:50pm
Went to see IT yesterday.

Twas OK but not great. Bill Hader is good in it as is James McAvoy.

Went to see it in 4x basically the chair moves and they spray water on you. 
Wouldn't be something I'd be rushing back to do tbh
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Went to see IT yesterday.

Twas OK but not great. Bill Hader is good in it as is James McAvoy.

Went to see it in 4x basically the chair moves and they spray water on you. 
Wouldn't be something I'd be rushing back to do tbh

Saw Venom in one of those screens. It's a mad experience, very hard to enjoy a movie while you're in what is similar to a roller coaster.

IT Chapter 2 was a big let down IMO, similar to the original sequel. Never seen so many people leave the cinema early as during this movie. The intended scary bits ended up being funny because they were that ridiculous. For a decent cast, it was brutal. One of the worst movies I've seen.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:04pm
Yeah very much like a roller coaster slightly annoying alright 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:23pm
Frankenweenie.

Why the f**k had I never heard of this before watching this by chance on  long haul flight? Tim Burton's masterpiece, the greatest love story of a boy and a dog 10/10. Your kids will love it and the adults more

Brilliant ClapClapClapClap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:44am
Hustlers

True story of how a bunch of strippers in New York felt hard done by from Wall St bankers around the time of the financial crash so started to drug their clients and use their credit cards for lavish items. 
Jennifer Lopez is in this, and my god she looks great at 50. Her entrance is a pole dance.
It's a decent film overall, not just for females.

The dark side.. And the light
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:21am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Hustlers

True story of how a bunch of strippers in New York felt hard done by from Wall St bankers around the time of the financial crash so started to drug their clients and use their credit cards for lavish items. 
Jennifer Lopez is in this, and my god she looks great at 50. Her entrance is a pole dance.
It's a decent film overall, not just for females.
Yeah saw it at the weekend, good film. 

J'Lo is amazing. Presumed it was a body double for some of her scenes, was very surprised that it was still her. Heart
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:49pm
IT Chapter 2. Was very funny at times and a few scenes a little creepy. Story was a bit all over the place and it was way too long but still enjoyed it overall. Standard 7/10
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

IT Chapter 2. Was very funny at times and a few scenes a little creepy. Story was a bit all over the place and it was way too long but still enjoyed it overall. Standard 7/10

Tbh the book gets very weird at times. 

There is a giant talking turtle in the book who helps them 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm
Ad Astra

Brad Pitt is an astronaut in the future. His Father (Tommy Lee Jones) was also an astronaut but went missing 16 years ago during a deep space mission and is presumed dead.
However electrical currents are starting to cause havoc on earth and the US government seem to think it's all TLJ fault.
Story wise it's a bit meh, and most of Brads dialogue is voice over which is a bit too serious.
Visually it looks great with the FX and sets but I don't think any actor wants to be complemented on the set. 
The dark side.. And the light
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
Framing John DeLorean is a good watch if you can find it.

Part documentary, part movie it's v well done
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Saw this last night, thought it was very long, could have trimmed 10/15 minutes off the end but did enjoy IT possibly slighty more than the first, and definitely more than the original tv series. Bill Hader was excellent 8/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 464465466467468 523>
  Share Topic