You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 451452453454455 523>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:04pm
I don't as I have only watched half of Alien when I was younger and I'll never forget how bad it was. I just can't do any sci-fi stuff at all, I'll never understand the attraction.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 8:15am
Upgrade 

Watched this a few days back and found it very enjoyable.
A couple are car jacked, main characters wife is killed and he is left paralysed. 
He is give a experimental implant that cures his paralysis and he sets about taking revenge on the dudes who killed the wife.

Its low budget and reminds me of those 70s sci films but its got some great action and plenty of gore .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 6:02pm
Black '47 - 5/10.

The first 20/30 minutes are good but it seems to drift from being a movie about the famine, to being an action/drama set in the famine.

Difficult topic to make a movie about in fairness in terms of the timeline of events and how to incorporate them into a plot.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:58am
Black Klansman

A black detective joins the KKK over the phone while his jewish partner pretends to be him in person.
Loosely based on a true story of the 70's. It hits home with actual footage from Charlotesville during last years protests.
Good story and funny in parts.

8/10

American Animals

2 student friends concoct a plan to steal one of Americans most expensive books. Another true story but this one is ridiculous.
I loved the way this story was told, very different. Not going to go into it as it might ruin it for some.
But a great story and great film and fair play to Barry Keoghan, another good performance from him.

9/10
The dark side.. And the light
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 4:39pm
Lads have any of you ever watched the film Elle? French film with English subtitles on Netflix that the misses had on last night. Must be one of the weirdest films I've ever seen. This woman gets raped in her home, doesn't report it, then masturbates over the rapist, before flirting and leading the rapist on later-still very confused
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:23pm
The Predator two hours of my life which I had no idea what happened.

So bad
RayHoughton View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

So bad

Ah don't say that. Was hoping to be somewhat good. Ah well, guess I'll have to watch Danny Glover clean up the mean streets so!
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:04am
Watched Suicide Squad the other night
Wasn't great
Giving it 10/10 purely for this Heart

Some people just deserve a slap
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:20am
Originally posted by RayHoughton RayHoughton wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

So bad

Ah don't say that. Was hoping to be somewhat good. Ah well, guess I'll have to watch Danny Glover clean up the mean streets so!

It's absolute dirt .
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 2:53pm
Watched Hotel Artemis last night.

Thought it looked great from the trailers I'd seen, oh how wrong I was. a solid 1.5/5, and that's being generous I think.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Upgrade 

Watched this a few days back and found it very enjoyable.
A couple are car jacked, main characters wife is killed and he is left paralysed. 
He is give a experimental implant that cures his paralysis and he sets about taking revenge on the dudes who killed the wife.

Its low budget and reminds me of those 70s sci films but its got some great action and plenty of gore .

Good shout - worth watching.

brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 4:08am
Animal kingdom auzzie crime movie
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:18pm
This looks good . Movie about Dick Cheney and not in wishy washy kind of way 

Christian Bale plays Cheney
Steve Carrell plays Rumsfeld
Sam Rockwell plays Bush Jnr 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

That's some fine reviewing!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

A modern day Barry Norman
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

4 words in the whole movie...

G'day mate! Gay C@nt 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 12:53pm
I watched a movie called “Tony” last night. It is apparently loosely based on the Dennis Nilsen case. Very harrowing in spots, but I’m not sure if I’m a big fan of it as a film as I feel the story could have been extended and it was probably 20 minutes short. A film and an idea with great potential, but I’m still trying to figure out if it fell short of it.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 5:03pm
Venom- not the worst movie I've ever seen but not the best 2/5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 451452453454455 523>
  Share Topic