You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 508509510511512 521>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 12:13pm
Any film made for Netflix is usually sh*te.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 2:24pm
‘John Wick:chapter 4’-first film I’ve seen in an actual cinema for a few months. I had not seen any of the three preceding Wick movies and doubted if I’d like this one but it was marvellous nonsense. Incessant fight scenes with incredible choreography, a lot of black humour and a few not so subtle nods to other films( eg The Warriors, Escape from New York ). Get the popcorn and the beer in and enjoy.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 2:48pm
No no no. All films should be serious and have some kind of underlying theme or message. I for one want no part in actually enjoying or having fun when watching a film. Down with craic is what I say.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Any film made for Netflix is usually sh*te.
Agree mostly apart from maybe Uncut Gems. The Irishman was ok, a bit long and by all accounts the story was total bull.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 3:19pm
All Quiet on the Western Front
Beasts of No Nation
Power of the Dog
Roma
Trial of the Chicago 7
Gerald's Game
Okja
Extraction

All really good Netflix original movies. There are also other very highly regarded originals that I haven't seen such as Pinnocchio, Mudbound, Private Life etc. Netflix produces a lot of sh*t but to dismiss all their films is just wrong.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 4:54pm
I struck a nerve sl*gging off Nobody Thumbs Up

Watch what you want, enjoy whatever films you want, it is the film review thread after all. My review of Nobody is that it's childish rubbish. You're review is it's great. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:28am
Brought the little one to see Super Mario Bros in the cinema, it being her first time in the cinema and being 3 I thought she’d last 1/2 hour max but she was glued to it start to finish. She almost enjoyed it as much as I did Big smile Serious nostalgia and pure family fun, great movie 9/10 
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 6:16am
Air - 7/10

Tells the story of how Nike signed Jordan ahead of the more popular Adidas and Converse. Jordan’s mother was a master negotiator.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 5:35pm
The Covenant - 8/10.

Not specifically a true story but it’s set in 2018 as the Taliban are starting to become more resurgent. A US Army Sergeant is trying to save the live of his Afghan interpreter, who had previously saved his life, and his family as he’s being hunted by the Taliban. An usual film for Guy Ritchie to direct but it’s worth a watch.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:05pm
Peanut Butter Falcon - Amazon Prime

Little gem of a movie this. Centred around a young Down syndrome boy living in a retirement home they dreams of escaping and going to a wrestling training camp. Bumps into Shia LeBoeuf and they form an unlikely bond. Serious twitch off Dakota Johnson who is trying to chase the kid down and bring him back. Cameo by Bruce Dern Clap

7.78/10

Edited by McG - 22 Apr 2023 at 7:05pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 12:24am
Triangle of Sadness - Amazon Prime

Holding a mirror up to society. Mad aul satire LOL Comes in 3 chapters where we meet various characters all on a luxury yacht. Classism, materialism, Instagramism etc. 

Was a bit long but I enjoyed this. ‘‘Twas a bit mad LOL but wouldn’t want to be spoiling too much.

7.5/10

AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 9:27am
Day shift - Jamie foxx - pretty decent vampire hunter comedy 

Found Wired top 35 film recommendation on Netflix to be a decent guide - seen 7 or 8 of them and all pretty decent 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 10:40am
can’t remember the last time I was at the cinema.  Probably with the kids.  Do people still go. Think it’s impossible to find the time to get to the cinema when you have kids.  Seems like much better things you could do with 2-3 hours.  I am guessing most of the reviews are from watching at home.  
AKA pedantic kunt
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 9:18pm
ghosted. 

On Apple TV. One of the Chris’s and Ana de Armas. 

Absolute sh*tE

1/10 
Touts Out!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 12:14am
I decided to check the reviews Cliff. 

There's an awful lot of Indian named reviewers all gushing about how good it is. While all writing in a similar style. I think you need to post up your one LOL

https://www.google.com/search?q=review+ghosted&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIE882IE882&oq=review+ghosted&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l4.2840j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 9:32am
Wrong thread 

Edited by Baldrick - 05 May 2023 at 6:55pm
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 7:26pm
The Courier - Netflix

Benedict Cumberbatch stars as a English businessman who spends a lot of time trading in Eastern Europe. He is then recruited by MI5 & The CIA to report on intelligence in Russia during the Cuban missile crisis

Smart film. True story too. 7.5
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 8:37am
The Hustle - Netflix

Thought this was excellent. You dont have to be into basketball to enjoy it. A light uplifting story. Moving away from Sandlers more common goofy sh*te.

8/10
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 508509510511512 521>
  Share Topic