You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 477478479480481 521>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bastardsonoflimpar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Impractical Jokers and a rim job fan.

Quite the profile 

Me too. I give and receive on both male or female. Tranny's, too Heart

Edited by bastardsonoflimpar - 05 May 2020 at 8:45pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 10:06am
I watched Young Frankenstein last night online and thought it was a bit meh.

Blazing Saddles is one greats though.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 10:16am
They wouldnt age well.

The meaning of life is on netflix now (i think). Be interesting to see how that holds up.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 10:33am
Brewster’s Millions was on SkyWan last weekClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:13am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They wouldnt age well.

The meaning of life is on netflix now (i think). Be interesting to see how that holds up.

I see Tropic Thunder is in the news again mostly due to the shock people are now having of Robert Downey Jr. doing a blackface.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember there being much outrage when it was first released.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:20am
It is because most people understood what they were doing. The point they were making was about people being given parts that should have been for BAME actors. I thought it was a dreadful film, but most people, certainly most black people, accepted that it was in good faith and they had the moral ground.

There's an argument that it is always unacceptable, one I broadly agree with, but sometimes you have to use shock to make people understand the reality. I think they deserve credit for doing it, just not for the film! The conversations that have happened as a result were necessary. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:28am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

They wouldnt age well.

I see Tropic Thunder is in the news again mostly due to the shock people are now having of Robert Downey Jr. doing a blackface.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember there being much outrage when it was first released.

Loved it
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:41am
There's also plenty of fat actors out there who could have played the Tom Cruise part.
I'm sure John Goodman was on to his agent.
The dark side.. And the light
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It is because most people understood what they were doing. The point they were making was about people being given parts that should have been for BAME actors. I thought it was a dreadful film, but most people, certainly most black people, accepted that it was in good faith and they had the moral ground.

There's an argument that it is always unacceptable, one I broadly agree with, but sometimes you have to use shock to make people understand the reality. I think they deserve credit for doing it, just not for the film! The conversations that have happened as a result were necessary. 

Exactly it was accepted as it was done in a way to poke fun at hollywood not any race.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:56am
The idea was brilliant, I just felt the execution was poor. It was well reviewed though, or so I believe.
bastardsonoflimpar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bastardsonoflimpar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 7:29am

They wouldnt age well.

He got a skin transformation. Big difference
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 3:52pm
So a select few cinemas are back open from this week.
My closest is Dundrum which I usually don't like because of too many kids/gimps talking and screens aren't the biggest but seems to be the only option.
Can only stay in a pub for 1H 45min but I can go see the Dark Knight Rises which is 2H 45mins long.
Only re showing lots of things that I've already seen but been a while since watching DKR.
Empire Strikes Back is being re released for the 40th anniversary.

Eurovision song Contest: The Story of fire Saga (Netflix)
Fairly rubbish take on the Eurovision from an Icelandic Will Ferrell who is obsessed with the competition since a child. Minimal laughs or chuckles.
It only adds to my view that Netflix make sh*te movies. Their documentaries are good but let down by films.
The dark side.. And the light
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

My closest is Dundrum which I usually don't like because of too many kids/gimps talking and screens aren't the biggest but seems to be the only option.
Can only stay in a pub for 1H 45min but I can go see the Dark Knight Rises which is 2H 45mins long.
Only re showing lots of things that I've already seen but been a while since watching DKR.

Fairly rubbish take on the Eurovision from an Icelandic Will Ferrell who is obsessed with the competition since a child. Minimal laughs or chuckles.
It only adds to my view that Netflix make sh*te movies. Their documentaries are good but let down by films.

I actually enjoyed it, I think it captured the OTT of Eurovision to a tee. My only issue was no Johnny Logan.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:03am

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

I actually enjoyed it, I think it captured the OTT of Eurovision to a tee. My only issue was no Johnny Logan.

Not one of his best but did enjoy it myself. I thought Logan would pop up as well. 
Can see Ja Ja Ding Dong being played as a piss take at Beer Festivals
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:28pm
Taped 'Marvellous' the other day but only got around to watching it tonight. True story of Neil Baldwin, a Stoke City fan and professional clown with a mental disability who goes on to become Stoke's kit man and form a friendship with Lou Macari. Great film!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:15pm
Summer of '92  

Danish film about Denmark at Euro '92. Never knew that about Kim Vilfort's daughter until I watched it Unhappy. Makes his winning goal in the final all the more poignant 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 05 Jul 2020 at 4:15pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Summer of '92  

Danish film about Denmark at Euro '92. Never knew that about Kim Vilfort's daughter until I watched it Unhappy. Makes his winning goal in the final all the more poignant 

What is this on? Sounds good!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Summer of '92  

What is this on? Sounds good!

Netflix 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 477478479480481 521>
  Share Topic