You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 457458459460461 521>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Watched Bird Box on Netflix after hearing a lot about it. Was left quite disappointed. Decent performance from Sandra Bullock but overall quite a strange and weird film. Wasn't overly fussed. 3/5
watched it the other night, decent enough I thought. Sandra showing her years but still got it..

Without doubt
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
The Favourite.

2 servants vie for the attention of the Queen.
That's basically the premise of the film.

Dark humour to this. Few chuckles throughout but thought it would be funnier.
Olivia Coleman was very good as the queen, and tit alert on Emma Stone. Surprised to see.

The ending was very strange. Not until after the film that I found out it was the same director as 'The killing of the sacred deer' so that made sense. And thankfully it was a lot better then his previous film.
The dark side.. And the light
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 2:53pm
Can recommend

don't breathe

Hush

both films have lead character with disabilitys

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 4:16am
A quiet place. Not usually a fan of sci-fi but thought this was good. Would give it 6/10, had some tense moments and the lack of sound added to the tension in the film.

Vice - 7/10

Bale showing what a good actor he is again with his portrayal of Cheney. Some good archive footage too. Cheney really is ruthless, no different to any other politician though I suppose. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:16pm
Lobster. f**king crap.
CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Can recommend

don't breathe

Hush

I’d second those choices. Stumbled upon the two on Netflix. Both very good thrillers that kept me enthralled for the whole film. Hush especially. 
Always keeping my eye out for similar films but nothing standing out at the moment.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 1:17am
Blindspotting 9/10

Great film. A bit of humour in it but some great performances and really shows what it would be like to be a young black man growing up in America. It’s a f**ked up World out there.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 2:28am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Blindspotting 9/10

Great film. A bit of humour in it but some great performances and really shows what it would be like to be a young black man growing up in America. It’s a f**ked up World out there.

I was looking forward to this but I thought it was very disappointing. The humour didn't work and it only became the movie it should have been from the start, in the last 20 - 30 minutes.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 7:33am
Glass - 5/10.

Not as good as either of the prequels but watchable.  
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by CatalanCelt1 CatalanCelt1 wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Can recommend

don't breathe

Hush

I’d second those choices. Stumbled upon the two on Netflix. Both very good thrillers that kept me enthralled for the whole film. Hush especially. 
Always keeping my eye out for similar films but nothing standing out at the moment.

The brother recommended dont breathe , I stumbled across hush on a top 30 horror movie list and remember seeing it listed on Netflix 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:03pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Holy crap The Dude

Given the date I'm pretty sure that's just a promo for a Super Bowl ad....unfortunately!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:36pm
Vice

This follows the rise of Dick Chaney coming through the ranks to becoming the Vice President to George W.
This is the same director as The Big Short and it plays out very similarly in the sense that they explain everything he did and how he managed to actually get away with it. You're left thinking 'How the f*ck?'
Good cast and very well told but felt slightly long near the end.

8.5/10

The dark side.. And the light
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:57pm
Watched Anthropoid the other night, WW2 film about the Czech resistance's plans to assassinate the Nazi 3rd in command Reinhard Heydrich in Prague. 
Cillian Murphy & Jamie Dornan play leads. 
Very good
9/10
Some people just deserve a slap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:36am
The Green Book - 7/10

Viggo Mortensen plays an Italian-American who, while out of work, receives a job offer to drive a black musician around the deep south as he plays a series of gigs.

Would definitely recommend it. Great dynamic between the 2 characters. Mortensen's character is like a slightly more intelligent version of Homer Simpson, but is very entertaining.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:02am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The Green Book - 7/10

Viggo Mortensen plays an Italian-American who, while out of work, receives a job offer to drive a black musician around the deep south as he plays a series of gigs.

Would definitely recommend it. Great dynamic between the 2 characters. Mortensen's character is like a slightly more intelligent version of Homer Simpson, but is very entertaining.

Thought it was just ok - 
Very predictable and full of cliches. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The Green Book - 7/10

Thought it was just ok - 

Herself wanted to see this last night and that's how it came across in the trailers. 
We went to see 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' instead. I knew the story, but they still told it well and Richard E. Grant showed us that Withnail never grew up, he just moved to New York! Really enjoyed it. 8/10
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The Green Book - 7/10

Thought it was just ok - 

Herself wanted to see this last night and that's how it came across in the trailers. 
We went to see 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' instead. I knew the story, but they still told it well and Richard E. Grant showed us that Withnail never grew up, he just moved to New York! Really enjoyed it. 8/10

It's very well acted but the story is just so dull. 6/10 from me.

I think 7/10 for Green Book is fair. It's basically a buddy movie with a bit of the aul racism thrown in for good measure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 457458459460461 521>
  Share Topic