You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 430431432433434 521>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:32pm
Thor Ragnarok poster.jpg

Just like Kenneth Branagh in the first installment, Taika Waititi was an interesting choice to direct. Lots of stylish visuals and cheesey humor. Great fun and the best in the series to date. Love the use of Led Zeppelin's - Immigrant Song, too.

4/5
ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:48pm
Murder on the Orient Express teaser poster.jpg

You don't need to be Hercule Poirot to discover the twist but a cracking cast and some brilliant scenic visuals make this an enjoyable murder mystery.

3/5
davedr View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davedr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:19am
where the wild things are 

apart from jim henson puppets was piss poo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:53am
No Stone Unturned was a great watch
Chilling and very well made

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No Stone Unturned was a great watch
Chilling and very well made

Saw it last night in London.

Decent Doc.
@AntrimMan85
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:39pm
Watched The Paperboy at the weekend, decent if a bit mad at times. LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Watched The Paperboy at the weekend, decent if a bit mad at times.

Head on Cusack slapping the stomach off himself in the prison waiting room LOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClap
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by davedr davedr wrote:

where the wild things are 

apart from jim henson puppets was piss poo

You f**king freak ****
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 4:34pm
Related image

I'm glad I saw this before this weeks football because I don't think I could take being any more depressed.
This was terrible. Like a student arthouse film.
Opening shot: extended shot of an operation on a heart or lung, zoom out with baroque music.

The acting was intentionally strange but I don't know why as it was never explained. It was as if they had autism or something, (i don't really know the symptoms of autism) but there was no emotion or train of thought in the dialogue.
So the story is Colin Farrell is friends with Barry Keoghan. They are friends because Farrells surgeon character just so happened to have killed Keoghans dad during an operation.
So as a revenge Keoghan has this power that makes Farrells children paralyzed, bleed through their eyes and eventually die.
All the while strange aggressive harp music is played.
I couldn't wait to see the blood coming out of those kids eyes because I knew it must be coming to an end.

Only saving grace was Barry Keoghan, his character was very creepy and he did this very well.
Also top notch beard from Colin Farrell.  
The dark side.. And the light
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Related image

I'm glad I saw this before this weeks football because I don't think I could take being any more depressed.
This was terrible. Like a student arthouse film.
Opening shot: extended shot of an operation on a heart or lung, zoom out with baroque music.

The acting was intentionally strange but I don't know why as it was never explained. It was as if they had autism or something, (i don't really know the symptoms of autism) but there was no emotion or train of thought in the dialogue.
So the story is Colin Farrell is friends with Barry Keoghan. They are friends because Farrells surgeon character just so happened to have killed Keoghans dad during an operation.
So as a revenge Keoghan has this power that makes Farrells children paralyzed, bleed through their eyes and eventually die.
All the while strange aggressive harp music is played.
I couldn't wait to see the blood coming out of those kids eyes because I knew it must be coming to an end.

Only saving grace was Barry Keoghan, his character was very creepy and he did this very well.
Also top notch beard from Colin Farrell.  
That is the directors style,the 3 films of his I have seen are similar in style.

I enjoyed it, its just off the wall stuff.
Darmack you have ruined the film for anyone who hasnt seen it LOLLOL
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:58pm
Ah no I would have ruined it if I'd said that the dog was suffocated.
I knew the lobster was supposed to be different and thought I'd be interested in seeing it, but I have changed my mind.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 12:55am
I take it there is no point going to see this f**king thing on Monday so?****.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 4:33pm
Image result for jim and andy

Anyone watched this yet?
It's interesting enough but I'm not too sure in a positive way.
Behind the scenes footage of Jim Carey portraying the comedian Andy Kaufman in the film 'Man on the moon'. This is only coming to light now because the studio didn't want it to be released as it would make Carey to look like an assh*le, their words, and it kind of does.
Carey went full method with this character and stayed in the role during the filming and it seemed like a nightmare to work with. He had a spiritual moment that he felt Andy wanted him to inhibit the part. (Spiritualness and all that sh*te sounds a bit w*nky to me)  He might have taken it too far at times as well, for instance while in character the real Kaufmans family were on set and they are talking to Carey as if it is Andy and he's reacting to them as Andy too by calling 'Dad'. They thought it was therapeutic but it just feels weird.
Now in the last few years with Carey and his ex girlfriend and possibly being the one that gave her the pills that she subsequently died from you kind of think, maybe he isn't such a nice guy after all.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 5:31pm
I watched it ,Carey just comes across as a complete ****.

A decent watch all the same.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 12:41pm
I watched it last night absolutely loved it.

Carrey as you say does comes across at times very extreme especially as Tony Clifton and also when interacting with Jerry Lawlor.

I've said it many times Jim Carrey is either insane or a genius after this I'm still undecided there is a thin line they say between the two.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 4:49pm
Related image

Some of the special effects in this were really bad. It just looked really comicy.
Also had the typical Zach Snyder slo mo style.
The first half was very disjointed. Was a collection of scenes and individual stories rather than the overall. Just very underwhelming.
And the big spoiler was...there was none.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 5:05pm
I finally watched 'The Room' on Monday night. I genuinely can't fathom how any movie could be so bad and I now wear having seen it as a badge of honour. However, I'm now immensely looking forward to when 'The Disaster Artist' is released in a few weeks. I really really hope it's not sh*te.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I watched it last night absolutely loved it.

Carrey as you say does comes across at times very extreme especially as Tony Clifton and also when interacting with Jerry Lawlor.

I've said it many times Jim Carrey is either insane or a genius after this I'm still undecided there is a thin line they say between the two.

I know he has evolved a lot from the sh*te he did in his early career and I am sure he is talented, but as soon as his face appears on the television I pull the plug as all I see is Ace Ventura. He has a face you could never tire of hitting.

Anyway, I went to see Suburbicon tonight, despite the negative reviews, and was glad I did. I thought it was hilarious from start to finish. Sure, the satirical comparisons to modern America are as subtle as being hit over the head with a hammer, but that is deliberate. It is a farcical black comedy that is based on the cliched observation that the more things change, the more they stay the same. 
Some of the reviews I have read seem to struggle to grasp the films intentions or why the Mayers are so important to the story by being minor characters! Their quiet normality juxtaposes beautifully with the madness that surrounds them and is key  to the plot. I guess that there is so much happening that people struggled to keep up  with what was going on, but you would expect better from film reviewers in broadsheets. 
After that it is just funny with the Coen brothers influence clearly felt. Special mention to Julianne Moore who was wonderfully unnerving and sickly sweet throughout. 9/10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 430431432433434 521>
  Share Topic