You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:04pm
Some of the surfboarders are very sexy, until they open their mouth at least.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Some of the surfboarders are very sexy, until they open their mouth at least.
Sure you’d only want them to open their legs really
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:48pm
Silje Norendal finished 4th in some snowboarding event.

Used to work with her best friend.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Just a small observation but we appear to be terrible as a country at Winter Sports....even with our Rent a Paddies competing.
I remember two proper snowfalls in my childhood and the whole f**king country stopped for a week. We are hardly equipped for going down snowy mountains when we can hardly get a bus down frosty roads.

I'm near Chicago for work at the moment. 8 inches of snow in a night last week. Snow plows and grit out all night and the roads were perfect in the morning. Not a bother to any of them and the temperature was minus 17 the other evening.

They wouldn't believe me when I told them that the whole place shuts down if we get an inch of snow.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 13 Feb 2018 at 6:25pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Just a small observation but we appear to be terrible as a country at Winter Sports....even with our Rent a Paddies competing.
I remember two proper snowfalls in my childhood and the whole f**king country stopped for a week. We are hardly equipped for going down snowy mountains when we can hardly get a bus down frosty roads.

I'm near Chicago for work at the moment. 8 inches of snow in a night last week. Snow plows and grit out all night and the roads were perfect in the morning. Not a bother to any of them and the temperature was minus 17 the other evening.

They wouldn't believe me when I told them that the whole place shuts down if we get an inch of snow.

It doesn't make economic sense for us to spend billions of euro preparing for an event that lasts at most 24-48hrs at any given time over the winter.

Chicago on the other hand can't afford not to invest or else the whole of the city would shut down for months on end due to their extremely harsh winters.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

It doesn't make economic sense for us to spend billions of euro preparing for an event that lasts at most 24-48hrs at any given time over the winter.

Chicago on the other hand can't afford not to invest or else the whole of the city would shut down for months on end due to their extremely harsh winters.
Agreed. I am always surprised by how badly London is prepared for it. Then again, that town is disrupted by leaves.
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:07pm
The Russian womens team skip is a babe , Anna Sidorova.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:11pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:41pm

A large part of the panic in Ireland is caused by alarmists who post on Facebook or decide to ring in radio stations. Thus spreading the panic amongst fellow alarmists.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:25am

A large part of the panic in Ireland is caused by alarmists who post on Facebook or decide to ring in radio stations. Thus spreading the panic amongst fellow alarmists.

I work with a lot of Nordics and they were pissing themselves at the mass shutdown
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I work with a lot of Nordics and they were pissing themselves at the mass shutdown
It is definitely funnier over here. They get snow in London every year and every year the first inch brings pandemonium.
The recent snowfall saw a People may wonder how from BBC News outside a snow-free Heathrow talking about the mass disruption and the loss of money to airlines.
People may wonder how the mess that is Brexit happened, but the English can't plan for snow. Every morning London, this financial capital, is delayed by leaves. f**king leaves.

The longer I live here the more confused I am by how they ruled the world for as long as they did.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:08pm
Leaves on train lines is actually a technically difficult and expensive challenge to deal with. Fact is, trains are fast because it's easy to run a metal wheel on a metal rail. It is, compared to a car tire on a tarmac road, low friction. If the friction decreases further, however, you get serious issues with wheels slipping and with skidding. Neither are good when you've a fifty ton train. It is an issue all round the world. Wet, crushed leaves on a train line cause a loss of grip in absolute spades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_rail

Edited by SuperDave84 - 15 Feb 2018 at 1:10pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Leaves on train lines is actually a technically difficult and expensive challenge to deal with. Fact is, trains are fast because it's easy to run a metal wheel on a metal rail. It is, compared to a car tire on a tarmac road, low friction. If the friction decreases further, however, you get serious issues with wheels slipping and with skidding. Neither are good when you've a fifty ton train. It is an issue all round the world. Wet, crushed leaves on a train line cause a loss of grip in absolute spades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_rail
The problem is the fact that they know they are coming.Autumn in England is when leaves fall, yet nobody bothers to do anything about them until they cause a problem, and even then at a push.
My point was deliberately hyperbolic, bit it doesn't take away from the bad planning and lack of organisation that takes place.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:29pm
that lad from ghana in the skeleton bobsleigh last night

on a f**king death wish he was
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:04pm
Him: a winter Olympian, flying through the air, twisting three or four times, somersaulting too, landing on a blade about a millimeter wide, in time with the music... but wobbling a tiny bit, finishing fourth and missing out on his dreams after years of hard work.

Me, sitting on the sofa, hoodie, tracksuit, slippers, drinking tea: "Pfft. Loser".

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:05pm

Sounds like me when I watch the figure skating and they fall

Edited by Denis Irwin - 18 Feb 2018 at 4:05pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:49am

How do the men who drive the snow ploughs get to work ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:02pm
Ffs no photos of the wardrobe malfunction ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic