You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

The missus's mate is in it this year. will watch him for the craic and that will be about it

Trying my best to avoid puns and innuendos, so will just ask if he is Irish? Is there an Irish team this year?

No he is Noreweign
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I know it has prob being said on here already but what kind of a crazy f**ker must you be to want to be Skeletoner (or what ever they would call themselves).

Seriously let's slide down a hill head first at 135Km/h

Wacko

Seems like a good time to bump this
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:36pm

I know it has prob being said on here already but what kind of a crazy f**ker must you be to want to be Skeletoner (or what ever they would call themselves).

Seriously let's slide down a hill head first at 135Km/h

Wacko

Seems like a good time to bump this
A Polish fella did the luge today without a viser. There was especially strong winds too.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:43pm
The North Korean cheering squad (video can be found on Internet) during the Korea Hockey game probably one the weirdest things I've ever seen.

I'm aware it's all propaganda and most likely threats back home if they f**k up but just picture in your head that happening at Millwall FC LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 9:21am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The missus's mate is in it this year. will watch him for the craic and that will be about it

Trying my best to avoid puns and innuendos, so will just ask if he is Irish? Is there an Irish team this year?

No he is Noreweign
HE was on yesterday in the Skiathlon. Finished last (although a few folk got lapped so weren't allowed finish).

He's got a few more events to come.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:31pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:18am
Just a small observation but we appear to be terrible as a country at Winter Sports....even with our Rent a Paddies competing.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:19am
The speed skating is fascinating, it must be incredibly difficult not to trip or block your opponent at that speed.
Commentators from other sports doing them leads to some great innuendos too. This morning we had someone "just slipping inside the Korean to come first".
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:20am

That's a big surprise. I was expecting that a country that goes into shutdown on the 2 days a year that there is more than two inches of snow on the ground would be scooping up medal after medal at the Winter Olympics.

We are also, in general, terrible at the "normal" Olympics, so its hardly a surprise that we are even worse at the Winter Olympics 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Feb 2018 at 11:21am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Just a small observation but we appear to be terrible as a country at Winter Sports....even with our Rent a Paddies competing.
I remember two proper snowfalls in my childhood and the whole f**king country stopped for a week. We are hardly equipped for going down snowy mountains when we can hardly get a bus down frosty roads.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:22am

I'd imagine our temperate climate and lack of mountains are a factor.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:27am

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Feb 2018 at 11:28am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Doesn't hamper the Dutch
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Doesn't hamper the Dutch

Fair point. Actually when I saw the medal board yesterday I was surprised to see the Dutch in third overall. I can only assume their athletes receive a hell of a lot of support but still.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Doesn't hamper the Dutch
How many of their medals are in going down the mountain? Genuinely curious here. Speed skating is huge in the Netherlands, Friesland in particular. I would assume most of their medals are in speed and figure skating.
I do think that the Dutch must be the most successful sports nation, per capita, in Europe.
They have a history of punching above their weight, until recently, in football and very impressive records in both Olympics, as well as field hockey, volleyball and tennis.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:22pm
We'd probably win gold if they introduced a taking selfies to tell people its snowing outside competition, to the games.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:44pm
I think the ladies of the winter olympics are nicer looking than the summer olympics.
I was watching the curling late last night and discovered this Russian beaut.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=russian+curling+anastasia&rlz=1C1GGRV_enIE751IE751&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipuqma9aLZAhXhIsAKHTvoAoQQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=637

Have moved office since BOTB so won't be able to post pictures

Edited by darmack - 13 Feb 2018 at 12:44pm
The dark side.. And the light
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:48pm
The Scottish birds for the GB curling team aren't bad either.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic