You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greg Cunningham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:43pm
played out of position but gave a very honest, hard-working shift. i was impressed, good cross for the goal
Sponsored Links

Propagandhi® View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi® Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 7:57am

Greg Cunningham has paid tribute to the coach that helped him and many others rise through the ranks of City’s youth system before breaking into the first team.

The young left back was guided by Alex Gibson, who announced this week that he is to move on to pastures new after a hugely successful 12 years at the club, during which time 31 players from the Academy made it into the first team.

The Irish youngster has made a couple of appearances for the Blues in 2010, and he was happy to show his gratitude to Alex from City’s pre-season visit to the US.

“Alex is a brilliant coach,” the 19-year-old asserts. “I found that he got the best out of all the players. We all progressed under him, he taught us about discipline, professionalism and how to take your game on. He was fantastic to work with, I'm sorry to see him leave but I wish him all the best for the future. I'll call him to thank him for everything he did for me and I hope I keep in touch with him.”

Cunningham, whose fine year has also seen him capped at full international level by the Republic of Ireland, says he now knows what’s needed to cope with the demands of training alongside some world-class players on a daily basis.

“I'm trying to bulk up a bit, but in a good way!” Greg smiles.  “I might have grown a bit, but the Premier League is so physical that you have to make that step up to cope with it. As well as that you have got to get quicker and sort your touch out, you have to get everything right technically as well as physically.

It's the most demanding league in the world, but in training I'm up against some of the best players in the world here at City! Your football is going to improve by playing with them day in, day out so I hope to keep progressing and keep pushing on.

...Greg on the demands of the Premier League

Aleksander Kolarov’s recent arrival gives City even more options on the left hand side, but Greg is undaunted by the prospect of even more competition for places.

“It's the same at any club, as a young player you are going to have competition but that's a good thing. You have to push yourself, I just need to keep my head down, keep progressing and pushing so hopefully things come together for me.

“The Manager's not afraid to look to youth, so all I can do like everyone else is keep plugging away, keep working hard, keep improving and maybe get a chance.”

Edited by Propagandhi® - 12 Aug 2010 at 7:58am
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 12:01pm
Gone on loan to leicster till January.  Sven obviously liked him at city!

Edited by Guf10 - 19 Oct 2010 at 12:03pm
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Now we'll see just how good the lad is. Massive chance for him now let's hope he makes the best of it!!
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 1:07pm
great news id hate to see any irish lads at that piosonous club,hopefully given gets out of alcatraz on new years day!
daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 1:30pm
Good move for the lad, he needs to be playin ball.
good luck Greg.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 2:51pm
Anyone know when he will make his debut for them?
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Ask any one of the 500 Would be Managers on here and your guaranteed at least 391 different start DatesWinkThumbs%20Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Played a reserve game for city tonight, signing tomorrow and hopes to make hus debut Saturday for leicster, not sure who they are playing.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

About time. Still doesn't justify his position in the squad ahead of Stephen Ward mind you!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 3:37pm
good news. Needs games
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 5:47pm
Delighted Greg will be getting 1st team football.

Guy is an absolute hero by the way.  Never met him but he went out of his way to sort me with 2 tickets to Zilina because he knows a mate of mine. 
Team Emmet
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:47am
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

Guy is an absolute hero by the way.  Never met him but he went out of his way to sort me with 2 tickets to Zilina because he knows a mate of mine. 

Q & A with Cunningham you should be able to set up for future YBIG addition so Wink
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 3:57pm

Good to see Cunningham out on loan until the new year and also good to see Conor Clifford going to Plymouth.

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 4:18pm
Hes in tomorrows Matchday squad, May not be in the starting 11 but should get some game time.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:16am

Yup - I think it's fair to say that Ireland's future left back has already done more for me than our current one ever has!

He does look like a top prospect though, and the regular game time is exactly what the doctor ordered. Hopefully he'll be starting for us by the end of the current campaign. Clap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:20am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yup - I think it's fair to say that Ireland's future left back has already done more for me than our current one ever has!

What an absolute ridiculous statement. Good jaysis! 100+ caps and has done nothing? Even if you are referring to his time at left back alone, still, jaysis.

Confused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:49am
Haha - no I meant for me personally!! I was the second party who Mr. Cunningham kindly sorted out with a ticket in Slovakia. Thumbs%20Up

On the footballing side, I've nothing against Kilbane, he's been a terrific servant for Ireland in the past, but he's no left back and never has been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic