You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greg Cunningham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Is he out of contract in the summer or something? Bizzare figure. Him and Doherty need to be given a game at LB for us

He signed a 4 year contract in 2015.Why would PNE be selling their POTY for 900K ,that figure cant be true.
Sponsored Links

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:32pm
900k is probably the most realistic valuation I've seen for a footballer in years.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 1:04pm
I'd say 1.5 million would be a fair price for Cunningham in todays market.
We're decent enough..
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:03pm
I have to say Jordan Ibe was the worst 15 million footballer i have ever seen in the flesh

Not sure what Stephen Ward has done wrong over the last 18months. He has improved massively
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

I have to say Jordan Ibe was the worst 15 million footballer i have ever seen in the flesh

Not sure what Stephen Ward has done wrong over the last 18months. He has improved massively

Have to say i agree with this. Wasn't always his biggest fan but he has done really well for us over last 2 years. Getting regular football helps.
It's not me it's you:-)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Have to say i agree with this. Wasn't always his biggest fan but he has done really well for us over last 2 years. Getting regular football helps.
Maybe the manager helps , but jezzzzzzzz the amount of stick the poor lad got on here was unreal . Thumbs Down
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 3:09pm
Onwards and upwards. deserves a call up at this stage
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Maybe the manager helps , but jezzzzzzzz the amount of stick the poor lad got on here was unreal . Thumbs Down

Under Trap Ward kept getting caught with a certain type of ball. He seemed to always be tucked in. Personally I thought that he was under instructions to tuck in and protect the middle. Under MON that does not seem to be happening. Maybe it was Trap or maybe he is just improving positional play with age! Either way he has had a decent couple of years.
It's not me it's you:-)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 1:14pm
Our full-backs always tucked in under Trap when we were defending (sort of like 2 extra centre-backs) while our wingers effectively played the full-back role. He has improved no doubt, but he was never as bad as he was made out to be anyway.
We're decent enough..
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 1:45pm
Ward has improved, but is by far and away the biggest weak link in the team. his positioning is shocking.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 6:29pm
Disagree.  Ward's been very good in an Ireland shirt since coming back in from the cold, and has been doing very well all season in the PL for Burnley, both attacking and defensively.  

Hope he can keep this form up throughout the WC campaign as he's a real asset to the team at present.

Would like to see Cunningham and/or Doherty used in the Iceland friendly.  Possibly Doherty at RB in that game.  
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Disagree.  Ward's been very good in an Ireland shirt since coming back in from the cold, and has been doing very well all season in the PL for Burnley, both attacking and defensively.  

Hope he can keep this form up throughout the WC campaign as he's a real asset to the team at present.

Would like to see Cunningham and/or Doherty used in the Iceland friendly.  Possibly Doherty at RB in that game.  
"Asset" - seriously?  He played well against Italy and did ok against France, but he's yet to have a good performance this campaign.  I suppose he was close to average against Serbia.  He has come on a lot in the last couple of years, but I still think he's the weakest player in our starting 11.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

"Asset" - seriously?  He played well against Italy and did ok against France, but he's yet to have a good performance this campaign.  I suppose he was close to average against Serbia.  He has come on a lot in the last couple of years, but I still think he's the weakest player in our starting 11.

I’d agree with this. Of the starting 11 one player has to be the lowest ranked player.

But to be fair to Ward, he works his ass off and always looks focused. As a player though he lacks that little bit of extra pace and creativity however he’s still an asset to the irish set up and no 1 for that position IMHO

ShaneH10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 5:21pm
Fractured his leg today. Out for the rest of the season.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 8:14pm
He tried to run it off was well! Anyway it's a shame, that's ruined any slim chance of making the squad in June
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:51am
i think is gonna be an early vacation, his injury is a month lay off....  he should be ok  for  Mon's eyes  lets wait and see....the  list will be ready in 6 weeks so ,,,,,nothing to be worry about...

better and fresher this fellow
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 2:34pm
Well, if he tried to run it off, it is clearly only a minor fracture. The problem at this stage is that he'll be out for the rest of this season. In that case, even if he were to be fit by the time of the June games, he won't be match fit. I can't see MON playing him straight in for the important September games without any sort of friendlies before that, and that being the case, he's not going to play in any qualifiers. I would be surprised if MON started him without giving him a look in for a friendly, anyway. All that is without minding the unlikelihood of him even getting in the squad at any stage either. The next squad he has a realistic chance of making, barring injuries to those ahead of him, is for a friendly, whether that be November, or next year.

Really bad time for the lad to get an injury. He is unlikely to get a look in for the squad this qualifying cycle anyway, even if he makes it back to fitness before the start of next season.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:14am
Preston have turned a bid from Cardiff for Cunningham.

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/pne-knock-back-cunningham-bid-1-8706640

Edited by NewtNewbie - 17 Aug 2017 at 11:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
  Share Topic