You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Leeds fans about ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 258>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Comfortable win by the sounds of it.
Time for Brum to do is a favour tomorrow

Advantage Leeds.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:41pm
DM 
Advantage may be too strong a word for it. But good to have our noses in front though Sheff play before us on Sat.
And again the following week. both Friday and Monday and again on the 2nd last weekend..

So surely to their overall advantage 

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:44pm
A lot of twists and turns ahead I reckon.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 7:03am
Just bumping this Big smile

It's been a few weeks since we last heard anything about the Super Whites LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Chris Wilder calling some Leeds players Muppets. Big smile
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

CM
We are well used to heartache...
MOT
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:52am
any punishment for Paddy Bam Bam?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

He has to go watch Man Utd last 2 matches, cruel I know
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:36am

He still might be capped for Ireland.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:38am

Looks like he's facing a two game ban
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm
Bamford charged.

This is a fairly interesting case, and good to see players being made to answer for this type of thing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Bamford charged.

This is a fairly interesting case, and good to see players being made to answer for this type of thing.
It is brilliant and not before time. It looks like a two match ban with El Ghazi's red card rescinded too.

Hopefully there is consistency in this now. I also hope a directive comes in that allows players to be punished when they clearly exaggerate injury, as well as being punished when they exaggerate a foul to convince the referee. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Bamford charged.

It is brilliant and not before time. It looks like a two match ban with El Ghazi's red card rescinded too.

Hopefully there is consistency in this now. I also hope a directive comes in that allows players to be punished when they clearly exaggerate injury, as well as being punished when they exaggerate a foul to convince the referee. 

A wider approach like that is precisely what the doctor ordered.

It really concerned me how a group of football fans sided with Leeds in this debacle, when almost to a man, they held their hands up. Suffice it to say, I’m not Pontus Jansson’s Number 1 fan after this.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:24pm

Bamford charged.

It really concerned me how a group of football fans sided with Leeds in this debacle, when almost to a man, they held their hands up. Suffice it to say, I’m not Pontus Jansson’s Number 1 fan after this.
You misinterpreted me there, I think Jansson was spot on. Bamford was a **** though.

The referee is the only person who should stop the game, players demanding the game to stop is ridiculous. Villa's reaction was embarrassing too, not helped by a referee who seemed out of his depth.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:29pm

Bamford charged.

You misinterpreted me there, I think Jansson was spot on. Bamford was a **** though.

The referee is the only person who should stop the game, players demanding the game to stop is ridiculous. Villa's reaction was embarrassing too, not helped by a referee who seemed out of his depth.

Sorry, I should have made clear they were two independent points. I was agreeing with you in my first point.

I would agree with you, only Leeds slowed the game to a virtual standstill and then appeared to change their mind. If the game had never slowed, I would have considered Villa to be the architect of their own problems. But in this instance it appeard that Leeds were about to put the ball out of play, and revised the mindset at a point where a material difference was made.

Jansson was literally the only player who didn’t pay heed to Bielsa. He’s not the worst in the debacle, but it comes across as totally idiotic.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:31pm

Bamford charged.

100% agreed with Leeds and Jansson, not Bamford though. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:45pm
Jansson was wrong in that he should have followed his manager and teammates decision, but I can completely understand his frustration.
I think people have misinterpreted the Leeds player slowing down as a sign he was going to put the ball out of play, it was quite clear he slowed down because players were closing him down and he was looking for options. He would have just put it out otherwise, there isn't a speed limit for that!

I think Villa were very much the architects of their own downfall.Not just that, but I would see it as gamesmanship to demand another team to put the ball out. There are clear rules on it now because of how frustrating it was for those watching and playing, to demand they do it because they think it is the correct thing to do, or because they chose to do it earlier is trying to enforce a rule that doesn't exist and deliberately doesn't exist.
I also think that other Villa players were lucky not to be punished for their reaction, which, as Drum pointed out above, was as a result of a referee who was struggling to keep control. Hourihane was particularly lucky, I thought he could have got a red card for his reaction, rather than a yellow.

In saying all that, and in contrary to what commentators feel obliged to say, it was brilliant to see that passion and intensity spill over!

Edited by pre Madonna - 30 Apr 2019 at 5:52pm
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 6:22pm
Not much the referee could or should have done in this instance ? In his opinion if it's not a serious injury then it's a play on. 
If referees decide from now on to stop for all injuries then what's next ??? Stop stop stop stop ... enough slow downs with VAR !

Edited by ProudAndLoud - 30 Apr 2019 at 6:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 258>
  Share Topic