You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite hangover food?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 12:45pm
I'm sure the very concept alone of eating raw fish whilst being hungover will cause a few people to throw up in their mouths a little bit, but over the last few years I've found sushi to be a great hangover food. The fatty acids and salt replenishes the aul sodium levels which generally get decimated after a night on the drink - so unlike most food you eat when hungover you don't feel even more like death after it.

Again if you don't like sushi in general this probably sounds like the worst idea ever, but if you are partial to it I'd recommend giving it a bash the next time you're hungover.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:34pm
Whatever sushi is, it’s not hangover food! I could eat a tonne of sushi and still need a kebab on the way home. It just isn’t filling!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Whatever sushi is, it’s not hangover food! I could eat a tonne of sushi and still need a kebab on the way home. It just isn’t filling!

Kebabs are 'I'm drunk' food though, which is surely an entirely different kettle of fish, if you'll excuse the pun. I'm referring to what works well on a reasonably vicious hangover. My stomach tends to shrivel up when dying of a hangover these days, so whilst I might be hungry I tend to fill up quickly enough (or at least feel I am) which is probably another reason why sushi works well as it's not massively filling.

A big fry or whatever tastes great when hungover, it's just that you tend to feel seriously rough afterwards. This is probably all age related as well - the bigger and greasier the stuff always used to be the only way to go until the mid-thirties took hold!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:59pm
I meant in general! I tend to it kebabs, or shawarma at least when I’m sober. It’s too good to waste on drunkenness!

When I’m hungover I want something that will take five years off my life and lots of it! My appetite trebles with a hangover. I feel much better after a fry or a feed of chips.

Edited by pre Madonna - 25 Oct 2019 at 1:59pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 1:59pm
tango ice blast followed by chicken wings/nachos.. instant cure. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:01pm
Coffee, with nothing else.

A couple of pints of water after an evening out helps, and avoiding the high sodium post booze food is key.

But I never actually want food when hungover.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:01pm
I normally go for a roll with mayo, rashers, cheese and lettuce. Then a jambon or 2 and a few bags of Meanies, all washed down with a bottle of Tanora. I love sushi but couldn't imagine having it as a hangover cure.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

A couple of pints of water after an evening out helps, and avoiding the high sodium post booze food is key.

I avoid coffee, you’re dehydrated enough already! Although I do tend to go for salty foods in such a situation! I do drink a lot of water though, tap and sparkling.

Tanora is great, had forgotten all about that stuff!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:06pm

I avoid coffee, you’re dehydrated enough already! Although I do tend to go for salty foods in such a situation! I do drink a lot of water though, tap and sparkling.

Same here. Nothing better than a chip butty to round an evening off. But I always feel I pay for it!

The coffee wakes me up, and with the water taken it can be a good help.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:11pm
I don’t really eat when I am drinking, which is why my appetite increases the next day. I’m on the beer tomorrow day(morning, football, don’t judge!) for example, so I will have a big breakfast and that will probably be it until Sunday, when I will eat anything that isn’t tied down.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:15pm

Never really drank it before I moved to cork and I only really drink it hungover but it does the job.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:17pm
Pairs perfectly with the cheese and onion pie supper from Lennox’s!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm
What the f**ks Tanora
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm
I find it awful hard to not have a takeaway after a night drinking. Wouldn't be able to eat much before boozing especially if you're drinking Guinness. 

For hangover food, you can't beat sausage rolls laced with salt. Light enough to stomach and I always miss them when I'm abroad (apart from being in the UK)
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:26pm
I usually eat my out of a hangover.

I'd eat the back wheel off a menstrual cycle.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'm sure the very concept alone of eating raw fish whilst being hungover will cause a few people to throw up in their mouths a little bit, but over the last few years I've found sushi to be a great hangover food. The fatty acids and salt replenishes the aul sodium levels which generally get decimated after a night on the drink - so unlike most food you eat when hungover you don't feel even more like death after it.

Again if you don't like sushi in general this probably sounds like the worst idea ever, but if you are partial to it I'd recommend giving it a bash the next time you're hungover.
+1

Tempura rolls get ya a bit of batter in there too for extra hangover-beating
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 3:02pm
I can't eat at all when I'm badly hungover but the problem is that after a while the "I can't eat in case I throw it up" stomach just becomes "you know what, I'm starving" stomach, but the symptoms are hard to differentiate when I'm hanging.

A can of coke followed by four or five hours vegetating on the sofa with three or four cups of tea and then a curry about seven or eight in the evening tends to work.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 3:17pm
A cold orange lucozade and a bacon/sausage and egg sandwich.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic