You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange things people do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 80>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 3:20am
A fella the same brother knows in his late 30s. He lost the use of one eye, it turns out he was fond of picking his hole so often and rubbing his eye it was infected once too many times. Most people would be keen not to tell that part, but not this fella.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

A fella the same brother knows in his late 30s. He lost the use of one eye, it turns out he was fond of picking his hole so often and rubbing his eye it was infected once too many times. Most people would be keen not to tell that part, but not this fella.
Holedeneye.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 10:46pm
Listened to this the night before a long flight. Bad time to go down that particular rabbit hole.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 15 Dec 2022 at 10:50pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 8:50pm
Know this aul lad and he never texts but is able to directly leave messages on my voicemail without the phone ringing. How does he do that? And what the f**k is that about?

He then gets thick if you dont call him back.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 8:56pm
Not sure about nowadays but you used to be able to go straight to someone's voicemail if you dialed the pre-fix and then put "5" before the rest of the number.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Not sure about nowadays but you used to be able to go straight to someone's voicemail if you dialed the pre-fix and then put "5" before the rest of the number.

I never check my voicemail if I dont get a missed call notification.

Othertimes I know he has left a message but refuse to call back for him being a total oddball about getting in touch.  Just text or call!

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 9:37pm

Ya back in the late 90s or early 2000s you used to be able to do that. I thknk you could even get into other peoples voicemails and listen pretty easy aswell. Or did i imagine that. I'm pretty sure you could 
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Know this aul lad and he never texts but is able to directly leave messages on my voicemail without the phone ringing. How does he do that? And what the f**k is that about?

He mustn't like the way you converse LOLLOL
I love beer gardens
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He mustn't like the way you converse LOLLOL

ProbablyLOL

Its not like I'm Stephen Kenny though.  ''eh ...well....i thought that Troy Parrott was....eh....exceptional........you know....listen....''LOL

tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya back in the late 90s or early 2000s you used to be able to do that. I thknk you could even get into other peoples voicemails and listen pretty easy aswell. Or did i imagine that. I'm pretty sure you could 

You can still get directly through to my voicemail on my Vodafone number by dialing the 087 and then 5 before the rest of the number. When you get through and while you are listening to the message you can press hash on the keypad and it will ask you for your password. 

Years ago the default password on every account was 0000 so anyone could access your voicemails if you hadn't changed it beforehand. I think this is how the news of the world newspaper accessed the school girl, Milly Dowlers voicemails. The investigation found that messages that had been left by the family had been listened to (by people working for the paper) and the family were living in hope that she had just run away.

I changed my contract with Vodafone recently and I had to set up my voicemail again. It wouldn't let me proceed without entering a new password/pin on the voicemail.. There were a few Irish politicians who got caught out over the years because they didn't change their default voicemail password. People were listening to their messages and some had their viocemail message changed to something that they probably wouldn't have been 100% happy with.
Let Christy Take It.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 11:51pm
It was tactic a scabby mate of ours used to use so we would call him back and didn't cost him a penny. 
Chips don't bounce
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 12:34am

Yeah it was a great way of delivering bad news or just pretending that you were trying to make contact with someone without any luck. 

“I can’t seem to get through to you. I’ve tried a few times. Maybe the coverage is bad. Anyway, I’m feeling very sick and can’t come to the to work today. The doctor prescribed some sleepers and I’m going to try and get some rest now so my phone is going on airplane mode. I’ll be in touch soon”
El Puto Amo
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

It was tactic a scabby mate of ours used to use so we would call him back and didn't cost him a penny. 

Like the old  "call me" texts you could send for free.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:57am
People walking out of a shop and they come to an abrupt stop to light a cigarette or check something right where the entrance is, completely oblivious to anyone behind them. It's amazing the amount of people walking around completely oblivious to the world around them. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

People walking out of a shop and they come to an abrupt stop to light a cigarette or check something right where the entrance is, completely oblivious to anyone behind them. It's amazing the amount of people walking around completely oblivious to the world around them. 

Its outstanding isn't it? Aul wans and escalators are even worse because theres nowhere to go and theres people piling up behind you. They're just there standing in awe with their mouths open trying to figure out what side they parked on.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

You'd always see that in railway stations. They just spot once they go through the barrier.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 8:37pm
Eating large oversized pretzels. 

Rotten yokes.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Eating large oversized pretzels. 

Rotten yokes.
agree
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 80>
  Share Topic