You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange things people do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 80>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 1:56pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-47154287

Can't seem to get the link to work but here's a bit of it 

India man to sue parents for giving birth to him

A 27-year-old Indian man plans to sue his parents for giving birth to him without his consent.

Mumbai businessman Raphael Samuel told the BBC that it's wrong to bring children into the world because they then have to put up with lifelong suffering.

Mr Samuel, of course, understands that our consent can't be sought before we are born, but insists that "it was not our decision to be born".

So as we didn't ask to be born, we should be paid for the rest of our lives to live, he argues.

Some people just deserve a slap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

A 27-year-old Indian man plans to sue his parents for giving birth to him without his consent.

Mumbai businessman Raphael Samuel told the BBC that it's wrong to bring children into the world because they then have to put up with lifelong suffering.

Mr Samuel, of course, understands that our consent can't be sought before we are born, but insists that "it was not our decision to be born".

So as we didn't ask to be born, we should be paid for the rest of our lives to live, he argues.

'India man' sounds like a bizarre superhero. It is an interesting philosophical theory, I doubt it will be taken too seriously legally. The cynic in me would think that the man is looking for free publicity for his business.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

'India man' sounds like a bizarre superhero. It is an interesting philosophical theory, I doubt it will be taken too seriously legally. The cynic in me would think that the man is looking for free publicity for his business.

No it's not, it's absolute bollox
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 2:42pm

Is that not why you get a job?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

No it's not, it's absolute bollox
He is, I feel, being facetious here, but the subject of why we should have children and the fact society shuns those that don't want to have them is certainly an interesting debate. I think it will be one future generations will be having more and more.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 3:11pm

In the article he's wearing a long fake beard and glasses. Definitely an attention seeker.
What if he losses the case, will his parents execute him?
The dark side.. And the light
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 5:27pm
Every now and then the idea of universal basic income comes up. This will be paid to you just because you're alive. You don't have to work for it or even look for a job. The Finns are experimenting with this at the moment (they seem to be ahead  of the game with most things). They've randomly picked 2,000 unemployed people between 25 and 58 and are paying them 560 euro a month for doing nothing. They even continue to get it if they get a job. It sounds right up this Indian lads street. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Every now and then the idea of universal basic income comes up. This will be paid to you just because you're alive. You don't have to work for it or even look for a job. The Finns are experimenting with this at the moment (they seem to be ahead  of the game with most things). They've randomly picked 2,000 unemployed people between 25 and 58 and are paying them 560 euro a month for doing nothing. They even continue to get it if they get a job. It sounds right up this Indian lads street. 
I struggle to see the connection between universal basic income and this lad?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:58pm

So as we didn't ask to be born, we should be paid for the rest of our lives to live, he argues.

Isn't that the whole idea of universal basic income? Being paid for the rest of your life to live?

Edited by TonyNotJack - 07 Feb 2019 at 6:58pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:08pm

So as we didn't ask to be born, we should be paid for the rest of our lives to live, he argues.

Isn't that the whole idea of universal basic income? Being paid for the rest of your life to live?

I think he would expect to parents to pay, not society though. At least I assume that is his thinking, beyond advertising his business.

UBI is an interesting concept. I am not sure how I feel about it, it will take time to see how the Finnish experiment works,
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 7:51am

How is this different to the dole?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 8:17am
Because you get it whether you work or not. If you make 100k a year, you still get it 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Because you get it whether you work or not. If you make 100k a year, you still get it 

Correct,there are no strings attached to it at all. To get the dole, you have to prove you're looking for a job etc.  The council of Europe has passed a resolution in favour of it and Social Justice Ireland want to try universal basic income here. They say give everyone in the country a no strings 200 Euro a week, on top of what they already make and all the extra money flowing around will be great for the economy.

It was in the news yesterday as the Finnish two year experiment is now over.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:39am

Correct,there are no strings attached to it at all. To get the dole, you have to prove you're looking for a job etc.  The council of Europe has passed a resolution in favour of it and Social Justice Ireland want to try universal basic income here. They say give everyone in the country a no strings 200 Euro a week, on top of what they already make and all the extra money flowing around will be great for the economy.

It was in the news yesterday as the Finnish two year experiment is now over.

In other words their experiment is Finnished?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:11am

So a rebranding, and recalibration, of dole and tax credits, effectively.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 1:23pm
Sure Finns are just strange
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 2:17pm
So what happens if EVERYBODY stops working.
How wilk the govt fund the €560 per week for every person when
there is no tax payers income.

Other taxes will go through the roof.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 2:52pm
Communism is here at last Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 80>
  Share Topic