You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange things people do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 80>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Lad in town I live in who must be in his sixties now. Almost every day you'll see him stop young looking lads in the college age range on the street and trap them in conversation. Was waiting at a red light and saw him talking at a nice looking lad who was clearly uninterested and just too polite to end the one-sided conversation. Was in Costa Coffee once a few years ago and looked down to see him staring up at me from the downstairs level with his mouth literally hanging open but I've gotten too auld looking now and I'm getting the crows feet so he doesn't pay any attention to me anymore. I went to college years ago with a good looking lad from abroad who was getting the train to Dublin. This guy sits on the seat beside him and traps him in conversation for the whole journey! 

There's people who probably know who I'm on about, or maybe there's lads like this in every Irish town.

He got robbed in suspicious circumstances in Dublin years ago. A bit like how Kevin Spacey got robbed walking in the park in London that time he totally wasn't trying to hook up with someone.

That's not a strange thing people do my friend. That is a paedophile 

No Gaz. He’s just gay and horny.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

On Fridays in our work canteen they put on pancakes and waffles in addition to the usual items you'd see, so there are extra bits and pieces on the counter. Sauces, syrups, etc...

Well....it was highlighted to me a few weeks ago that there is a girl who goes in each and every Friday, puts a few sausages, rashers, eggs, hash browns etc on her plate and then steps into the pancake/waffle section and puts CHOCOLATE SAUCE on her food!

Only I've seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.

Sweet and savoury stuff work quite well together though might be beautiful.

Once tried chips with custard amazing 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A fella in work starts to eat his lunch at 4.15 at his desk and goes home at 5

Via the pub surely?

Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 4:06pm
A fella in work starts to eat his lunch at 4.15 at his desk and goes home at 5

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Lad in town I live in who must be in his sixties now. Almost every day you'll see him stop young looking lads in the college age range on the street and trap them in conversation. Was waiting at a red light and saw him talking at a nice looking lad who was clearly uninterested and just too polite to end the one-sided conversation. Was in Costa Coffee once a few years ago and looked down to see him staring up at me from the downstairs level with his mouth literally hanging open but I've gotten too auld looking now and I'm getting the crows feet so he doesn't pay any attention to me anymore. I went to college years ago with a good looking lad from abroad who was getting the train to Dublin. This guy sits on the seat beside him and traps him in conversation for the whole journey! 

There's people who probably know who I'm on about, or maybe there's lads like this in every Irish town.

He got robbed in suspicious circumstances in Dublin years ago. A bit like how Kevin Spacey got robbed walking in the park in London that time he totally wasn't trying to hook up with someone.

LOL
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 3:47pm

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Sounds like a Nasti special.

Lash it all into the €5.50 sandwich maker and feast your eyes on the CARNAGE!

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 11:19am

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:47am
Sounds like a Nasti special.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:10am
On Fridays in our work canteen they put on pancakes and waffles in addition to the usual items you'd see, so there are extra bits and pieces on the counter. Sauces, syrups, etc...

Well....it was highlighted to me a few weeks ago that there is a girl who goes in each and every Friday, puts a few sausages, rashers, eggs, hash browns etc on her plate and then steps into the pancake/waffle section and puts CHOCOLATE SAUCE on her food!

Only I've seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

English people mocking Irish people's accents when they can't even pronounce basic words properly.

My brother taught foreign language students and a colleague in a position above him gave him the usual snide sh*te over the accent even though he has the most neutral accent imaginable.

Meanwhile he had English colleagues who said "pronounciation" instead of pronunciation and "bought" instead of brought. So they're basically teaching people from abroad how to speak like morons. Ironic.

I noticed it watching the Italian football on TV as well. Commentators saying "he bought the ball down" instead of "he brought the ball down". 

They're like the yanks in that regard, so confident and arrogant that they believe their pronunciations are the correct way.  

Used to always get the aul say "thirty-three and third" spiel when I lived in London and Id often try mocking them instead saying "Firty-Free and a Fird" in an "English" accent, but it was lost on most of them because they actually think the TH sound should be FUH.

Lets ave it right. You tryin to mug me off you kant?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 12:18am

English people mocking Irish people's accents when they can't even pronounce basic words properly.

My brother taught foreign language students and a colleague in a position above him gave him the usual snide sh*te over the accent even though he has the most neutral accent imaginable.

Meanwhile he had English colleagues who said "pronounciation" instead of pronunciation and "bought" instead of brought. So they're basically teaching people from abroad how to speak like morons. Ironic.

I noticed it watching the Italian football on TV as well. Commentators saying "he bought the ball down" instead of "he brought the ball down". 

They're like the yanks in that regard, so confident and arrogant that they believe their pronunciations are the correct way.  

Used to always get the aul say "thirty-three and third" spiel when I lived in London and Id often try mocking them instead saying "Firty-Free and a Fird" in an "English" accent, but it was lost on most of them because they actually think the TH sound should be FUH.

Edited by Bandwagon - 29 Feb 2024 at 12:19am
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2024 at 10:46am

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 7:20pm
Going to throw in here because it's quite strange,  but just put prawns on a pizza....

Beautiful 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Now most of us have at least one old Umbro Irish shirts , what i want to know has anyone ever used the spare button which is attached the the label at the bottom of the shirt ? 

The dam thing was cutting into me last night so i cut it off , now was going to keep it but then again why i said to myself as it was green but my shirt had one white one green button  Pinch . 

Howya father Purcell 
AKA pedantic kunt
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2023 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Now most of us have at least one old Umbro Irish shirts , what i want to know has anyone ever used the spare button which is attached the the label at the bottom of the shirt ? 

The dam thing was cutting into me last night so i cut it off , now was going to keep it but then again why i said to myself as it was green but my shirt had one white one green button  Pinch . 

Is there a wtf thread Tongue

Must have sounded interesting in his head. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 9:46pm

Is there a wtf thread Tongue
It would damage this forums' reputation
SportingRizlaCF View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 11:31am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Sharing a flight with Del Griffith

My dogs are barking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 80>
  Share Topic