You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football's Next Star - Sky 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Football's Next Star - Sky 1
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:09am
Anyone know anything about the 3 Irish lads that seem to be still in the running here. I can't remember thier names but there seems to be a centre half, a right sided/centre forward player and a bloke in the midfield that has received a fair bit of attention in the programme. The bloke in midfield seems to be running the show but in the drama of it all Sky are showing him as being homesick etc etc.
I'm guessing this was all filmed during the summer but has anyone any info on these guys ? Who they played for or where they're at now ?

P.S. What was it about the bloke that has been scoring all the goals wearing glasses in some of the games ? Proper glasses, not the sidiculous things Edgar Davids used to wear. Reminded me of playing matches as a kid against crap teams where one lad showed up intending to wear a pair of George Webbs.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:15am
Yeah watched on Sunday. The homesick lad is craig walsh. Did you see his mrs? Good jaysis,,,im sorry, id do time!

Other lad is called Conor something or other.

Didnt know there were three.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:26am
Yeah, I found more about this on another football forum website (Shame on me, I know Embarrassed)

I'm not sure if this is a football version of any other talent show where arguably if they were that good to begin with, they'd have been spotted by now. So the winner could well be the Joe McElderry of the football world.

Nice to see though that 3 Irish lads out of 10 were selected regardless. I fear at times for the future of the game so let's hope that hit rate is the shape of things to come.

Edited by FiremanDan - 14 Jan 2010 at 11:26am
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 6:05pm
yeah seen it, your mans missus is a little cracker. connor craig and gavin are the 3 lads
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:29pm
Cant see the winner doing much,sure the lad who won football idol a few years back and got the chelsea contract was never heard of again
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

Cant see the winner doing much,sure the lad who won football idol a few years back and got the chelsea contract was never heard of again
got relesed after his contract expired played non league football for a year then remember reading it in a remember him section of some paper
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Engpad12345 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Engpad12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:11pm
Already said this on another thread.

Sam Hurrell who won the first football idol is currently a coach at Chelsea. Mainly coaching with the reserves.

Carl Magnay who won the second one is an established member of the reserve team.. regularly trains with the first team.. a Northern Ireland youth international and has coincidentally just moved in with Conor Clifford who was mentioned in another thread.

So think the winner definitely has a future in the game going on how the other lads have done.
You've had a Manny
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 2:22am
I reckon da tall left sided lad,religious dude,will win it,only started playing at a decent level 2 years ago
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 3:19am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I reckon da tall left sided lad,religious dude,will win it,only started playing at a decent level 2 years ago

The lad with the afro?

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 4:55am
Originally posted by Engpad12345 Engpad12345 wrote:

Already said this on another thread.

Sam Hurrell who won the first football idol is currently a coach at Chelsea. Mainly coaching with the reserves.

Carl Magnay who won the second one is an established member of the reserve team.. regularly trains with the first team.. a Northern Ireland youth international and has coincidentally just moved in with Conor Clifford who was mentioned in another thread.

So think the winner definitely has a future in the game going on how the other lads have done.
Well this is all bull anyway- you working for sky or chelsea?
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

The lad with the afro?

Nah thats Gardiners cousin,dunno his game,blonde lad
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 7:19am
Im addicted to it. One of the lads the tall one with the lurvely gf was on TV3 this morning- they couldnt give much away but said that the 3 irish lads did very very well.
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Engpad12345 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Engpad12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Engpad12345 Engpad12345 wrote:

Already said this on another thread. Sam Hurrell who won the first football idol is currently a coach at Chelsea. Mainly coaching with the reserves. Carl Magnay who won the second one is an established member of the reserve team.. regularly trains with the first team.. a Northern Ireland youth international and has coincidentally just moved in with Conor Clifford who was mentioned in another thread. So think the winner definitely has a future in the game going on how the other lads have done.

Well this is all bull anyway- you working for sky or chelsea?

Not bull at all. No don't work for either but have sources within the club.
You've had a Manny
GAF1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 1:54pm
the centre half gavin colton lives around the corner from me in leixlip. plays with cherry orchard now.its all done already but mums the word. there under contract to not release any details.but it would still be a mega deal-INTER MILAN FOR A YEAR
niall quinns disco pants-from paris 2 bari and beyond
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 3:26pm
nobody on here works for Chelsea or Sky :0)
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 6:39pm
Jamie Redknapp would disagree Tuff
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:39am

Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

The lad with the afro?

Nah thats Gardiners cousin,dunno his game,blonde lad
Not blonde,dark hair,Ben i thinks
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:03am

Was told one of the irish lads wins it(Cherry Orchard I think) but for some reason doesn't want to go and now Watford have come in for him.

Haven't a clue which player it is as I dont watch it.
Apparently the left winger won it in the end.
All sounds like a load of waffle but thought I might post it anyway.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic