You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tune are you listening to at the minute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437438439 523>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 7:00am

Thin Lizzy - Eire.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 12:43pm
Tricky- Hell is Round the Corner

Maxinquaye is still an unbelievable album. It sounds like it could have been released yesterday.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:40pm
Fontaine DC - Televised Mind

I think the second album could be better than the first!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 10:18pm
I like the three singles, but the rest of it is sh*te. A nothing album. I'm a bit annoyed I bought tickets for next year before it came out. Don't get it at all.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 11:18pm
Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang

Great call Clap
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I like the three singles, but the rest of it is sh*te. A nothing album. I'm a bit annoyed I bought tickets for next year before it came out. Don't get it at all.

Really? Start to finish, I prefer A Heros Death but prefer some individual songs from Dogrel
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 8:00am
Deacon Blue - Fergus Sings the Blues.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:31am
bloodbuzz Ohio live.   One of my favourite tracks.  

Edited by Baldrick - 05 Sep 2020 at 10:31am
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Really? Start to finish, I prefer A Heros Death but prefer some individual songs from Dogrel
I tried to listen to that live thing they did for it too and it just bores me. A few people I know hate them for their lack of any attempt at originality, which I think is unfair on the first album but spot on for this. I would go as far as to say that it's awful! I think they got a bit carried away with themselves, but they are the critic's darlings so still got praised 

I was asked the other day to pick one song that you would want deleted from history and I picked 'Bloodbuzz Ohio', just ahead of 'Californication'. 'A Lucid Dream' is running them close now. LOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 1:01am
Two outstanding moments from the late, great Denise Johnson Heart

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 8:45am
The Pogues - Rain Street.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 9:00am

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

I tried to listen to that live thing they did for it too and it just bores me. A few people I know hate them for their lack of any attempt at originality, which I think is unfair on the first album but spot on for this. I would go as far as to say that it's awful! I think they got a bit carried away with themselves, but they are the critic's darlings so still got praised 

I was asked the other day to pick one song that you would want deleted from history and I picked 'Bloodbuzz Ohio', just ahead of 'Californication'. 'A Lucid Dream' is running them close now. LOL

Nah regardless of what you will say, you're doing this on purpose. Every song ever written and you land on these two? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 9:58am
Yes. It's a personal choice. The most pretentious awful lyrics of all time or the worst band I have ever heard? What the f**k is a 'Bloodbuzz'? You have no idea how much  I despise The National and their worst kind of hipster fans. Give me Bon Jovi or The Spice Girls any day of the week. f**k it, even give me that 'country and Irish' stuff my Grandfather listened to on a Sunday morning or Nickelback or Vanilla Ice or even Phil f**king Collins! Anything but a hipster mumbling illogical lyrics that are just so deep, man!
There's a restaurant here called 'Vanderlyle' after a 'The National' song called, and I sh*t you not, 'Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks'. And my partner really wants to take me there and can't understand why I want to petrol bomb it over the name.LOL

I could go on all day about these ****s. It seems Baldie is the first person I have met who likes them who I don't think should be sent to a gulag. 

And the Red Hot Chili Peppers are just the worst. They were the favourite  band in school of anyone that didn't really like music. They released the same song about fifty times, but that one that mentioned above seems to have followed me around my whole life. Despite being sh*te, it is continually on in parties and houses and turns up on playlists are when some troglodyte gets to the jukebox first on a Friday night and makes you reassess your life choices. Nick Cave absolutely nailed it about them, but then that's a genius who knows how to be musically pretentious. A rare gift.

I get that some people might hate The Birdie Song', or whatever, more. I don't. sh*te novelty songs have some sort of place and purpose and they aren't pretentious wank. Coldplay or Athlete are bands I can go months without thinking about or being reminded of, but I can't walk into town without being reminded of the aforementioned ****s. And no doubt I will be talking to someone in a pub or whatever again soon who will suddenly feel the urge to tell me how some pretentious wank of a lyric made them change their life and become a ****. It happens way more than it should

Now, I need to wipe my arse. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 06 Sep 2020 at 9:59am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:06am
That's quite a Sunday morning rant.

Those two songs still outrank much of the utter dirge there is out there and i would much rather listen to them time and time again than say "livin on a prayer"

Ive seen the National in concert and i will admit, failed to be enthused. Mind you this was the day after a heavy Liam Gallagher gig. I do like some of their songs i.e. The system only dreams in total darkness which lyrically doesny make much sense at all but either does a Whiter Shade of Pale or many lauded songs. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:22am
brilliant PM that’s one quality rant.  Up there with some of Q mans :). 

Agree with you about Red Hot Chilli Peppers.  Liked Blood Sugar Sex Magic when it came out but then realised they were releasing the same song over and over again.  Never listen to it now either as it grates on my ears.  

The only other national fan I know is Paulie :) I don’t think myself or Paulie fall into the hipster category as I haven’t really hung out with any one at the National gigs I have been too.  I did live in the Mecca of hipsterism for a year and never heard any of their songs in any of the bars.   I suspect they were far too commercial to be played in the bars there. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:27am
But nobody bangs on about the lyrics of 'Whiter Shade of Pale' changing their life. You don't get restaurants called 'skip the light fandango'.Ask some lad who looks like he is in the Kris Kristoffersen fan club what the illogical words tattooed on his arm are from, it is probably a lyric by The National. People genuinely believe he is a lyrical genius!! Loads of good music has bad lyrics, but all of it just gets blamed on drugs and not praised as deep, man!

As much as I hate Bon Jovi, give me 'Living on a Prayer on repeat for a week than listen to those ****s once! 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

brilliant PM that’s one quality rant.  Up there with some of Q mans :). 

Agree with you about Red Hot Chilli Peppers.  Liked Blood Sugar Sex Magic when it came out but then realised they were releasing the same song over and over again.  Never listen to it now either as it grates on my ears.  

The only other national fan I know is Paulie :) I don’t think myself or Paulie fall into the hipster category as I haven’t really hung out with any one at the National gigs I have been too.  I did live in the Mecca of hipsterism for a year and never heard any of their songs in any of the bars.   I suspect they were far too commercial to be played in the bars there. 
I have no problem with hipsters. I'm long over that! I have friends who probably are hipster. Hipsters have done some good over the past decade in terms of promoting local produce and creating better places to eat a burger, but the 'bad hipster' elements that they  cling on to need to be eradicated! Not all bars need to look the same, not everywhere needs to sell plant-based burgers and, most of all; not everywhere needs to have 'The National' or 'Jeff Buckley' on. And I don't even mind Jeff Buckley! Actually,  that 'Father f**king John Misty can f**k right off too.

I have no problem with anyone liking any kind of music, I will have a rant about it because I need to understand why I hate it so much and I think it is part of the fun. Someone wants to have a rant about The Manics, The Smiths or The Wedding Present: go for it! Just give valid reasons. But don't call your restaurant after anyone's lyrics and don't get lyrics that can't possibly make sense tattooed down your arm and pretend that makes you deep too and, this is most important,  if you do, don't f**king tell me about it. Even more importantly,  don't be f**king insulted if I tell you it's a load of bollocks. Diplomacy isn't a strong point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437438439 523>
  Share Topic