You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tune are you listening to at the minute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 398399400401402 525>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:42pm
Weezer - The End of the Game
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 11:57am
Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding
Great tune, but, unusually for an Elvis cover, I prefer the original.

Edited by pre Madonna - 06 Feb 2020 at 1:57pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think ‘Babies’ is their best, followed by ‘Underwear’, ‘Mile End’, ‘Lipgloss’ and ‘Help the Aged’. His lyrics are great.

Common People was also kinda prophetic about the whole hipster thing in the East End. Different Class is a classic.
There's a great documentary on the story of 'Common People' on the iPlayer. Well worth a look.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:44pm

The Cribs-Our Bovine Public

Great band. Spotify told me they were my most listened to band of the decade. Was surprised!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Great band. Spotify told me they were my most listened to band of the decade. Was surprised!
I only got into them properly through Johnny Marr, I had properly underrated them. I love his voice, even his speaking voice is brilliant! His lyrics are top class too: progressive, sarcastic, and self-aware. A bit like  his hilarious appearance on 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks'.

They have such a wide range of influences, from both sides of the Atlantic, that they pay homage to while making their own sound, or several sounds, of their own. They are one of those bands that jump between genres within albums I think they got lost a bit in the whole 'landfill indie' thing of ten to twelve years ago, but they were one of the best English bands, if not the best, from then and are so much more than just indie. The 'British Strokes' was put on them at the beginning and I thing that is a fair reflection. The album Marr collaborated on, 'Ignore the Ignorant', is my own favourite, but 'Men's Needs' is brilliant too. Johnny Marr on one, Lee Ranaldo on a track on the other shows the esteem they are held. I massively regret not going to see the ten year anniversary of 'Men's Needs' a couple of years back. They were supposed to have been unreal on that tour.

Edited by pre Madonna - 06 Feb 2020 at 9:14pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 9:23am
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:49am
Squeeze - Another Nail In My Heart
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:56am
Guns N Roses - Civil War.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:56am

I only got into them properly through Johnny Marr, I had properly underrated them. I love his voice, even his speaking voice is brilliant! His lyrics are top class too: progressive, sarcastic, and self-aware. A bit like  his hilarious appearance on 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks'.

They have such a wide range of influences, from both sides of the Atlantic, that they pay homage to while making their own sound, or several sounds, of their own. They are one of those bands that jump between genres within albums I think they got lost a bit in the whole 'landfill indie' thing of ten to twelve years ago, but they were one of the best English bands, if not the best, from then and are so much more than just indie. The 'British Strokes' was put on them at the beginning and I thing that is a fair reflection. The album Marr collaborated on, 'Ignore the Ignorant', is my own favourite, but 'Men's Needs' is brilliant too. Johnny Marr on one, Lee Ranaldo on a track on the other shows the esteem they are held. I massively regret not going to see the ten year anniversary of 'Men's Needs' a couple of years back. They were supposed to have been unreal on that tour.

Absolutely love this band. Used to listen to The New Fellas religiously in college back in the day. Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Absolutely love this band. Used to listen to The New Fellas religiously in college back in the day. Clap
And only their third best album!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 6:08am
Talking Heads - This Must be the Place.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 1:03pm
Old Town - Phil Lynott

The blonde in the video Heart
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 8:57am
North Country Boy - The Charlatans
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 8:58am

Old Town - Phil Lynott

Is she the one in the office?

i remember years ago a poster on here said that it was his aul one that Philo swung around when walking down the street Star
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:03am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Old Town - Phil Lynott

Is she the one in the office?

i remember years ago a poster on here said that it was his aul one that Philo swung around when walking down the street Star

Notice the final post on the first page of this thread...........the old town is over decade older
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 9:34am

Tune. Bought a few coffees in your establishment and got 2 free chocolatesClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:06am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Tune. Bought a few coffees in your establishment and got 2 free chocolatesClap

Heart

AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 398399400401402 525>
  Share Topic