You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tune are you listening to at the minute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 525>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Stumbled upon on Aussie playlist in Spotify

Gang of Youths
The DMAs
Dope Lemon

All very different but decent. I feel dirty actually enjoying anything that came out of that convict addled cesspit
There has always been some very enjoyable music come out of Australia. I mean,  a lot of musicians are ****s anyway, so the odds were in their favour! The Birthday Party/Nick Cave, Midnight Oil, The Go-Betweens, The Atlantics The Triffids, INXS, AC/DC, Crowded House, The Church are all great, in different ways.  Silverchair's Frogstomp was a brilliant album. Stella Donnelly is a recent discovery for me from Australia. I am sure there is more that we don't hear of.
My problem is that despite the above list and many more, if I hear that a band or musician are going to be Australian I immediately think of Jack Johnson or Jason Mraz types, even though neither of them are Australian. Or that Gotye fella, his song was annoying and everywhere for about a year.

The Go-Betweens- Streets of Your Town.
 My favourite band (and song) from Australia. A band who were incredibly unlucky not to go massive at the time. I think if they had come from Britain they would have been. There was a lot of Australian and New Zealand bands who were brilliant in the '80s and early '90s  and none of them really get the success they deserved. 
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:27pm
You left out the best Australian band ever.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 22 Mar 2019 at 11:29pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

ClapClap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:28pm
Squeeze - Pulling mussels from a shell.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:08pm
Tom Dunne is starting his show with A House who are rumoured to be reforming for a gig in NCH on 30th June
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:38pm
China Crisis - African and White
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 5:02am
Kraftwerk - Neon Lights
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 9:14am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:14am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:29am

Went to a wedding before were this was the first dance, which I thought was hilarious considering the song is about a divorce and obsessing over an older lover
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:54am
That song was around the time he left his wife for one of her friends! Definitely not a wedding song.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:16pm
Bob Seger - I feel like a number
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:21pm
OMD - Souvenir
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:47pm
Otis - durutti column
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:57pm
what tunes am I listening to at the moment???????

None of that sh*te MC Hammered recommended  LOL
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

what tunes am I listening to at the moment???????

None of that sh*te MC Hammered recommended  LOL

I'd say your more a Richie Kavanagh fan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Otis - durutti column
Clap Probably my favourite name for a band.

I worked in a pub that thought it would be a good idea to get Richie Kavanagh to play on a Bank Holiday Monday night. I left soon after and I am mot sure I have ever recovered.

XTC-Senses Working Overtime.

One for the 'What I learned Today' thread, but Andy Partridge of XTC has been in a long-term relationship with Roy Lichtenstein's ex, Erica Wexler  and live together in Swindon. There is something strikingly odd about all of that!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 4:14pm
Three Feet High and Rising - Album
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 525>
  Share Topic