You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tune are you listening to at the minute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 463464465466467 523>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 1:56pm
John Waite - Missing You
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:39pm
David Bowie "Wild Is The Wind" from Station to Station
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:17pm
Christy Moore- North and South
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:24pm
Camera Obscura - Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

A brilliant song on a great album.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

A brilliant song on a great album.

Absolutely. Hard to believe it is 15 years since released.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:17pm
Only started listening to them this week...very different to my normal fare but they are excellent. There's something about a Scottish accent in singing that makes songs so much better!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:11pm
I don't listen to anything made after the mid-00s generally but don't all bands sound exactly like Ed Sheeran now?

You know, with the endless caterwauling and cloying sentimentality - think the song in the FBD Insurance ad.

When I was doing the LC and going into college, there were bands like Snow Patrol, The Killers, The Strokes and The Libertines that were popular. And say what you want about them, particularly Snow Patrol, but they all sound like different bands with individual influences and styles of singing.

Everything now sounds like it comes off a conveyor belt; blatant Ed Sheeran ripoffs that sound like they were produced to be in VHI and Dairygold ads.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 05 Mar 2021 at 8:15pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:14pm
Her voice is incredibly sexy, that's why! Great lyrics too. It was sad when the other girl died 5 or 6 years back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I don't listen to anything made after the mid-00s generally but don't all bands sound exactly like Ed Sheeran now?

You know, with the endless caterwauling and cloying sentimentality.

When I was doing the LC and going into college, there were bands like Snow Patrol, The Killers, The Strokes and The Libertines that were popular. And say what you want about them, particularly Snow Patrol, but they all sound like different bands with individual influences and styles of singing.

Everything now sounds like it comes off a conveyor belt; blatant Ed Sheeran ripoffs that sound like they were produced to be in VHI and Dairygold ads.
Snow Patrol, Keane, Coldplay, Athlete, Elbow, Embrace, Starsailor all sound the same. All that post-Britpop stuff was bland nonsense. The Strokes are one of the few bands whose music has survived and aged in anyway. That wasn't a great decade for music at all. I went through an NME list of the fifty based indie bands of the noughties (their word, not mine) and most of it has aged terribly! I used to love a few of these bands too, but it nearly ended guitar pop!

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:33pm
Radiohead - True Love Waits 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 1:47pm
Maximo Park- Child of the Flatlands

Themselves and The Cribs were always the two most interesting of the 'landfill indie' scene, for want of a better time. Musically and lyrically they offered a lot more than any of their peers and this album, like The Cribs last effort, feels like that but grown up. Maybe I was just at the right age then and now!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Maximo Park- Child of the Flatlands

Themselves and The Cribs were always the two most interesting of the 'landfill indie' scene, for want of a better time. Musically and lyrically they offered a lot more than any of their peers and this album, like The Cribs last effort, feels like that but grown up. Maybe I was just at the right age then and now!

Fully agree. They are the two bands from that era I keep coming back to. Maximo Park's new album os a grower. Didn't think too much of it at the start but it's really grown on me. 2nd in the UK album charts I see. Good to see them get some level of recognition again as Smith is such a passionate man
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 12:21pm
I only listened to it through once and loved it. His lyrics are superb. I hope we get to have a pint sometime,  Bronze! I think I would enjoy it!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:28pm
The Divine Comedy - Our Mutual Friend 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 12:33am
Mental As Anything - If You Leave Me - Can I Come Too?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:48pm
Kinks - Death of a Clown.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 9:04pm
The Pogues - Streams of Whiskey.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 463464465466467 523>
  Share Topic