You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tune are you listening to at the minute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 523>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:36pm
Disciple - Slayer. Taken from the album God Hates Us All fittingly released on Sept 11th 2001. Their last really good album
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 7:26am
Orange Juice - Rip It Up.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:11am
Carry Home- Mark Lanegan

Never knew it was a cover of his dead friend's song. Explains the emotion.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Carry Home- Mark Lanegan

What friend was it again? You read the book PM? very good!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:22am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Carry Home- Mark Lanegan

Jeffrey Lee Pierce of The Gun Club, themselves a very underrated band and I didn't know they were friends. Any musician with any sense would have kept away from him as his mates were dropping like flies.

Yeah, really enjoyed it. I felt he was a bit too bitter about thinks he should let go, Liam Gallagher for a start! Moans about him being childish when there was a pair of them at it! It is hard to believe some of it but it seems to be part of his recovery.

I thought he was a bit unfair on the Trees' work as well. I have listened to 'Sweet Oblivion' and 'Dust' again in the past week and it was some of the better stuff to come from the Seattle scene at the time, albeit I did find a lot of that scene overrated.

Amsterdam - Jacques Brel
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 12:55pm
PM
Will keep an eye out for the book. Have seen him several times in concert (including in a church near Dachau) and always enjoy it. He keeps communication with the audience to the absolutle minimum.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

PM
Will keep an eye out for the book. Have seen him several times in concert (including in a church near Dachau) and always enjoy it. He keeps communication with the audience to the absolutle minimum.
I actually got a dodgy PDF of it and read it on the ReadEra App. I can probably send it on if you want it, and I can work out how to do it.LOL

High- The Cure
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 2:30pm

Carry Home- Mark Lanegan

Jeffrey Lee Pierce of The Gun Club, themselves a very underrated band and I didn't know they were friends. Any musician with any sense would have kept away from him as his mates were dropping like flies.

Yeah, really enjoyed it. I felt he was a bit too bitter about thinks he should let go, Liam Gallagher for a start! Moans about him being childish when there was a pair of them at it! It is hard to believe some of it but it seems to be part of his recovery.

I thought he was a bit unfair on the Trees' work as well. I have listened to 'Sweet Oblivion' and 'Dust' again in the past week and it was some of the better stuff to come from the Seattle scene at the time, albeit I did find a lot of that scene overrated.

Amsterdam - Jacques Brel
Ah right. Remember them getting a few mentions, seemed to have a crazy life! Yeah Lanegan does come across as really bitter at times. I know Gallagher is a twat but he didn't do a whole lot wrong!  Yeah Screaming Trees were quality in my opinion. Sweet Oblivion, Dust and Uncle Anesthesia are quality. After that the quality dips though. Despite his history and some of the dreadful things he has been involved in I still have respect for him after reading the book
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 2:59pm

Carry Home- Mark Lanegan

Amsterdam - Jacques Brel
Ah right. Remember them getting a few mentions, seemed to have a crazy life! Yeah Lanegan does come across as really bitter at times. I know Gallagher is a twat but he didn't do a whole lot wrong!  Yeah Screaming Trees were quality in my opinion. Sweet Oblivion, Dust and Uncle Anesthesia are quality. After that the quality dips though. Despite his history and some of the dreadful things he has been involved in I still have respect for him after reading the book
I would agree. People have to understand that he is an addict and probably was long before he took anything due to his childhood. Some of his actions are, as a result, incredibly selfish and due to having a terrible mother he has lacked respect for women at times, but you have to respect that he didn't try and cover it up or pretend to be something he is not. It's a raw, honest account of how he sees his own life.

From a purely selfish point of view, as someone who loves his music, I don't think his music or voice would be as good without that life. I think he appreciates that too, but that he needed people who believed in him to pull him out. 

Comedy- Shack 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 1:06am
drinking in LA - bran van 3000
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 7:13am
The Calling - Wherever You Will Go.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 3:02pm
Joan Armatrading - Love and Affection

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Mind blown. Backing vocal performed by Clarke Peters of The Wire fame. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 3:16pm

Quality song.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Quality song.

You dont get pure class like Joan nowadays DM. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 3:54pm

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Quality song.

You dont get pure class like Joan nowadays DM. 

Very true I saw her once live.

Brilliant gig lasted two and a half hours.
Cool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 3:58pm
Philo- Little Bit of Water. 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:16am
Suzanne Vega- marlenne on the wall
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 523>
  Share Topic