You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tune are you listening to at the minute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 524>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Do not, under any circumstances, take the above as a recommendation. No wonder Sham wants to build a wall around ye!

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead
LOLLOLLOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 7:29pm
I see it is that time of the year again when Spotify tells me what songs I came home drunk and put on repeat most. It is actually a decent enough playlist though.  
They have a thing this year called 'Tastebreakers', a list of songs which are different from what you normally choose but that they reckon you will like. I listened to a few this morning and they were right. I wonder how their algorithms work to do that, yet they still give me a 'Daily Mix' of artists who have nothing in common apart from being Irish!

Portishead-Silence
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 7:55pm

I see it is that time of the year again when Spotify tells me what songs I came home drunk and put on repeat most. It is actually a decent enough playlist though.  
They have a thing this year called 'Tastebreakers', a list of songs which are different from what you normally choose but that they reckon you will like. I listened to a few this morning and they were right. I wonder how their algorithms work to do that, yet they still give me a 'Daily Mix' of artists who have nothing in common apart from being Irish!

Portishead-Silence

The perfect playlist for you, PM:
The Dubliners - I Remember Dublin In The Rare Old TImes
U2 - Seven Towers
Phil Lynnot- Old Town
Bagatelle -Summer In Dublin
Damien Dempsey -Dublin Town

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Portishead-Silence

The perfect playlist for you, PM:
The Dubliners - I Remember Dublin In The Rare Old TImes
U2 - Seven Towers
Phil Lynnot- Old Town
Bagatelle -Summer In Dublin
Damien Dempsey -Dublin Town

It is one of my favourite Irish songs, believe it or not!
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 8:54pm
Fontaines D.C - Chequeless Reckless 
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:53pm
The Icicle Works - Love is a Wonderful Colour
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

The Icicle Works - Love is a Wonderful Colour

Great song. Ian McNabb never became as big as he should have.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 15 Dec 2018 at 11:36pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:42pm
Yep, a very talented man. I get the impression, just based on what I have read about him, that fame wasn't exactly a priority for him.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 8:13pm
Lake Poets - Shipyards

This is now number four on iTunes

@pre Madonna you may have heard this song on the Sunderland Till I die documentary?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Lake Poets - Shipyards

@pre Madonna you may have heard this song on the Sunderland Till I die documentary?

Is that the song running through it? 'I hope I am making you proud'?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 8:27pm

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Lake Poets - Shipyards

Is that the song running through it? 'I hope I am making you proud'?

Yes that is it young Sunderland singer/songwriter Martin Longstaff a class act.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 10:13pm

Portishead-Silence

First time I’ve seen this tastebreakers

A strange array of songs including Rule Britannia, something inside so strong, the blanket on the ground, matchtalk cats and dogs, and some song called in your Liverpool homes was suggested as mine. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:36pm
Dr Feelgood - All Through the City,
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 11:42am
Hilary Woods Inhaler

Friend of mine was listening to her the other day, used to be the bassist in JJ72 (remember them LOL-)

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:24pm
I quite like that. She was one of my teenage crushes. I used to love JJ72, even if they were posh Dubs with nonsensical lyrics.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:38pm

I quite like that. She was one of my teenage crushes. I used to love JJ72, even if they were posh Dubs with nonsensical lyrics.

Listening back to a few of their songs there, they actually were quite decent.

Lead singer has a very unique (Yet slightly annoying voice).

Hilary of course added the sex appeal.

Shame it just seemed to go south for them after she left and the second album
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:47pm
His voice was amazing, but you could tell he was a ****, which really worked. It was a similar dynamic to what the Punpkins had. Lead singer with cool but annoying voice who is an absolute bellend, nonsensical lyrics trying to be deep and a sexy female member who brought the band down when they left.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:24pm

His voice was amazing, but you could tell he was a ****, which really worked. It was a similar dynamic to what the Punpkins had. Lead singer with cool but annoying voice who is an absolute bellend, nonsensical lyrics trying to be deep and a sexy female member who brought the band down when they left.

yep I think listening to their second album, at times singer tried too hard to be Billy Corgan

For example listen to the below

If I said that was smashing pumpkins or Billy Corgan you'd believe it

Edited by lassassinblanc - 19 Dec 2018 at 3:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 524>
  Share Topic