You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galway Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:19am
Paul Magee ex Rovers

http://www.independent.ie/obituaries/paul-magee-1372373.html
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

Paul Magee ex Rovers

http://www.independent.ie/obituaries/paul-magee-1372373.html

thats not ski mcgee lads , thats jimmy mcgees son paul who died ,

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 9:58am
Independent

Galway United are another current top-flight side that are troubled by debts and have yet to appoint a new manager, although it's understood they have been in discussions with ex-Shelbourne and St Patrick's Athletic defender Dave Rogers -- who was famously sacked by Dundalk last season for dropping his shorts in front of opposition fans.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 10:13am
Sean Connor(Daily Mail), Leo Tierney & Dave Rogers (Galway Independent) Tom French & Paul McGee (Sentinal) have all applied for the United job.

Mark Herrick has been replaced as Mervue assistant manager so he should be one to watch out for as well.

Today the clubs first choice supposedly turned down the job due to financial issues. Most likely Sean Connor out of the equation so.

Edited by tribalarmy - 08 Jan 2010 at 10:14am
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 10:18am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Sean Connor(Daily Mail), Leo Tierney & Dave Rogers (Galway Independent) Tom French & Paul McGee (Sentinal) have all applied for the United job.

Mark Herrick has been replaced as Mervue assistant manager so he should be one to watch out for as well.

Today the clubs first choice supposedly turned down the job due to financial issues. Most likely Sean Connor out of the equation so.

apparently he's signing back for us next season. Strange one for him to apply for a managers job anyway
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 11:45am
Shortlist is down to three now. Probably Ski, French and Tierney.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 7:53am
tribal pray you dont get sex case
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:02am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

tribal pray you dont get sex case

I am, our fans don't get on with him anyway. He gets dogs abuse everytime he comes up to Terryland since he joined Sligo in '04. Hate the man.Angry
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 10:26am
Galway near decision on new manager
by Alan Dooley
Fri, Jan 08 2010
http://extratime.ie/...k/articles/2807

Galway United look set to announce the identity of their new manager early next week after it was revealed that they will conduct final interviews with the remaining three candidates for the job on Sunday.

The trio are believed to be former assistant manager Tom French, the club's all-time leading goalscorer Paul McGee, and former Sligo Rovers assistant Leo Tierney.

Whoever gets the job will have the difficult task of assembling a competitive squad from scratch with a little over two months until the new season kicks off. One player who more than likely won't be available to the new boss is influential midfielder John Russell, who is currently in England being assessed by former Irish international John Sheridan at League Two outfit Chesterfield and has also been linked to a move to Bohemians.

--------------------------------------------------

On a sidenote, Barry Ryan has started an FAI Coaching Course in University of Limerick
DamoGUFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 10:34am
Looking like Tom French with Barry Ryan being involved too. Not a bad move either, they know the players from last season so hopefully they can re-sign the likes of Seamie Connelly, Iarlaith Daveron, Alan Murphy, Derek o'Brien, Vinny Faherty and a few more. 
Galway United,
My love,
My passion,
My Life.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 3:10pm
Sean Connor, the former Sligo, Bohemians and Dundalk manager, heads a short-list of three to become the next manager of Galway United. The identity of Ian Foster's successor at Terryland Park will be announced on Monday.
From the Irish Daily Mail

HATE Sean Connor, he's by far the most experienced but I don't want him at the club.Thumbs%20Down
DamoGUFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 2:09pm
Sean Connor just announced as new manager..
Galway United,
My love,
My passion,
My Life.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 2:19pm
Not too disappointed. He's by far the most qualified out of the candidates. We're in for a tough season so everyone has to get behind him.
Welcome to Galway Sean...
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 3:05pm
f**kkin sex case cun t i really hope galway go down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 4:10pm
Two hours later and not a mention on the RTE website.Angry KNOBJOCKEYS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 4:15pm

Lots of interesting games next year with Bohs, Scumdalk and Shligo coming to town.

We are now the most hated team in the land.Clap
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 4:36pm

Lots of interesting games next year with Bohs, Scumdalk and Shligo coming to town.

We are now the most hated team in the land.Clap

i dont really think anyone gives a sh*t about galway

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 4:57pm

Two hours later and not a mention on the RTE website.Angry KNOBJOCKEYS

How are RTE and others to know if they haven't received a Press Release?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic