You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

**NSF Count and MayoMark**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celts88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:30am
kilbane had he,s faults but alway gave 100 percent he was limited but there was nobody to push him for the left back slot.
Sponsored Links

durka durka View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durka durka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Legend, but I think his time has come to hang up the boots IMO. There hasnt been a testimonial in a long time but he would deserve something to mark his Irish career. I've no doubt he'd donate any profit to charity.
The "put a hit out on Henry and Blatter appeal"
"Insert Funny Comment"
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:55am
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

102 Caps, record (joint?) for competitive consecutive appearances in the world EVER, over 350 premier league appearances, can put in a shift anywhere.

I think that is the stuff of legend.
he has been an unbelievable servant, great heart for the jersey, but not a remarkable player by any means. when i talk legends, im talking brady/keane/keane/mcgrath / giles /given. Its not enough just to play in games, and he wont be remembered in the same light as the afforemenioned. lot of respect for him but like steve staunton i woudlnt call him a legend.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:59am
Originally posted by padraigh padraigh wrote:

Legend, but I think his time has come to hang up the boots IMO. There hasnt been a testimonial in a long time but he would deserve something to mark his Irish career. I've no doubt he'd donate any profit to charity.
The "put a hit out on Henry and Blatter appeal"

YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:14am
I've never been a huge fan of Kilbanes, don't think he should retire though. Defo a squad player plenty of good advice for the younger lads. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:31am
His performances against France indicate to me that he has some fuel in the tank yet. Squad player place is defo justified. Keep going Killer you're a hero
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:33am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

His performances against France indicate to me that he has some fuel in the tank yet. Squad player place is defo justified. Keep going Killer you're a hero

Nothing like experience in a squad, especially when that will inevitably include newbies
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:47pm
I'm a massive Kilbane fan but I do think now is the right time for him to bow out. He's served us well and would hate for him to be tarnished for a poor display or whatever just because he may not be up to it down the line!
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Personaly I think he should call it a day.

Killer = legend 

Agree Sono. Killer = Legend but its time to move forward, give wardy a run in the friendlies...
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 1:21pm
It would break my heart if Killer's last game was overshadowed by what happened in Paris... We need to give someone like him a fitting farewell. And WHEN that happens, there will be tears!
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 1:24pm

It would break my heart if Killer's last game was overshadowed by what happened in Paris... We need to give someone like him a fitting farewell. And WHEN that happens, there will be tears!

Massive performance all the same though, if it was his last at least he went out after playing that well, never mind what ever else happend.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 1:25pm
That's all well and good Mike, but he deserves an occassion on his own! Friendly in Lansdowne me thinks. I'd still have him as a squad player thoguh!
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 1:26pm

That's all well and good Mike, but he deserves an occassion on his own! Friendly in Lansdowne me thinks. I'd still have him as a squad player thoguh!

Absoluetly.
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

102 Caps, record (joint?) for competitive consecutive appearances in the world EVER, over 350 premier league appearances, can put in a shift anywhere.

I think that is the stuff of legend.
he has been an unbelievable servant, great heart for the jersey, but not a remarkable player by any means. when i talk legends, im talking brady/keane/keane/mcgrath / giles /given. Its not enough just to play in games, and he wont be remembered in the same light as the afforemenioned. lot of respect for him but like steve staunton i woudlnt call him a legend.
Depends what your criteria for a Legend is. I wouldn't even have him in the same parish let alone sentence ability-wise with brady/keane/keane/mcgrath /giles/given but playing almost 50 consecutive games in a green jersey would make him a legend for me especially when you consider he played with a broken cheek bone in Podgorica. . Do you have to be a brilliant player to be a legend ? I wouldn't have thought so. Remember when Peter Reid couldn't play him at home because of the amount of stick he was getting from the Sunderland fans ? He still came home and gave his very best in an Irish Shirt. I hope he stays on, even if he is not in the team his experience would be vital in the squad.
Back o' the Net !
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 3:56pm

Absolute legendClapClapClapClapClapClap

Unbelievable servant to Irish football.  I do think we need to look to the future now but theres no better man to have in your squad for younger players to look up to as a role model and also for backup in case hes needed Clap  Super Kevin, YBIG salutes you Thumbs%20Up
Rolz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 6:15pm
Great Irish player who can't even get on the Hull team. I think he should go on to break the Caps record, but in all honesty it's time for a new left-back.
FRANCE 0
MEXICO 2
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 7:59pm
If that Brazil game goes ahead in March,
It would be a chance to say goodbye
in front of a sell-out Croker crowd(hopefully)

We LOVE you Killer Heart
Out of order
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 8:38pm
Killer's not done yet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic